|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, Retreat, pgs. 205-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was MacArthur when he died?
(c) Sixty two.
(d) Eighty four.
2. During what event did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. die?
(a) A reunion of Gettysburg survivors.
(b) His daughter's wedding.
(c) A reunion of Missionary Ridge survivors.
(d) His grandson's baptism.
3. In breaking through the Hindenburg Line during the strategic battle of Cote-de-Chatillon, how many men did the Rainbow Division lose?
(a) Ten thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
4. What did the Filipino first lady give MacArthur on August 24, 1936, making him a field marshal?
(a) A gold baton.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A silver sword.
(d) A blue and white medal.
5. What was MacArthur's class standing upon graduation from West Point?
(a) He barely passed his final semester.
(b) He graduated fifth in his class.
(c) He graduated at the top of his class.
(d) He graduated third in his class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
2. When MacArthur moved to the Philippines soon after his marriage, by what name was he known among the Philippine people?
3. What was the first school at which MacArthur was not bored during his childhood?
4. What renowned former Presidents were MacArthur's heroes?
5. Why did MacArthur have to testify at a Congressional investigation about his experience at West Point?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)