|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, Retreat, pgs. 205-276.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the plebes gain once MacArthur restructured the program and routine at West Point that they had not had before?
(a) Sports teams and a band.
(b) Television sets and radios.
(c) Spending money and weekend passes.
(d) New uniforms.
2. What was the name of MacArthur's first wife?
(a) Laurel Marie Zimmerman.
(b) Henriette Louise Cromwell Brooks.
(c) Sheila Nathan.
(d) Jeanette Edmonds.
3. What did MacArthur expand the West Point curriculum to include?
(a) Art and drama.
(c) More traditional academic subjects.
4. To what rank did Arthur MacArthur, Jr. get promoted by age nineteen?
5. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(c) Assistant Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did MacArthur attend church?
2. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
3. While MacArthur was fighting in Europe during World War I, who was trying to get him promoted back in the States?
4. What happened when MacArthur was given command of a company at Leavenworth?
5. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)