|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, To the Colors, pgs. 161-205.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made MacArthur's first three weeks at West Point extremely difficult?
(b) Food poisoning.
2. What piece of equipment did MacArthur refuse to carry during World War I, resulting in his injury?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gas mask.
(c) A sword.
(d) A rifle.
3. Of what place was Arthur MacArthur, Jr. made military governor in 1900?
(a) The Philippines.
(c) Easter Island.
4. When did MacArthur enter the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York?
(a) June 13, 1899.
(b) May 2, 1910.
(c) April 15, 1917.
(d) September 8, 1895.
5. To what office at West Point did Pershing appoint MacArthur after World War I?
(b) Assistant Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what brigade was MacArthur made the permanent commander during World War I?
2. In the days before American entry into the war, what division of the Army did MacArthur say he wanted to be in when he was promoted to colonel?
3. What defense plans did MacArthur and The Quezon administration make for the Philippines?
4. At what age did MacArthur become the youngest division commander in the war?
5. To which ancient world leader did some people compare MacArthur?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)