* General Douglas MacArthur is described as one of the best soldiers the United States ever had.
* MacArthur received twenty-two medals during the course of his career and is described as being extraordinarily brave while serving in three great wars.
* MacArthur was known as Dugout Doug to his men.
* MacArthur considered himself an Episcopalian even though he did not attend church and viewed himself as equal to the Pope as a defender of Christianity.
* MacArthur yearned for acceptance by the public but did not receive it because of his acceptance of the press.
* MacArthur believed in social justice and tried to act according to his beliefs.
* MacArthur was twice married and kept a Eurasian mistress in between his marriage.
* People either liked or disliked MacArthur.
* It was rare to find someone who didn't have an opinion of MacArthur, and some people compared him to Alexander...
This section contains 3,755 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)