|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Carlos' work beginning to get published?
2. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
3. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
4. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
5. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how illness and a time frame on life affect Carlos. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Interpret Carlos' idea that his faith in America has been restored by explaining how and why he has come to this conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Carlos' main method of dealing with problems. Make an evaluation as to the effectiveness of this method and support your evaluation with examples from the novel.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)