|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
2. Which president signs the special proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces?
3. How many people attend Carlos and Jose's meeting?
4. Where does Carlos tell Macario he is going?
5. What does Ganzo tell Carlos to keep doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay distinguishing between Carlos and his brothers as immigrants. Use specific examples from the novel to support your writing.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining to someone who may have not read this novel, why it is important for the peasants of the Philippines to have land. Include in your essay reasons why and what might happen to those that do not have any land.
Essay Topic 3
Formulate a plan for Carlos in an essay to continue living his life and battling the prejudices he faces now that his brothers have left for military service.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)