|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy who does not know how to write is from ________.
2. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
3. Which of the following characters is the contractor Carlos goes to see in Bakersfield?
4. What promise does Amado make to Carlos?
5. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the mobile nature of the immigrants during the time frame of this novel. Compare it to today's mobile society. Use examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay distinguishing between Carlos and his brothers as immigrants. Use specific examples from the novel to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Carlos' main method of dealing with problems. Make an evaluation as to the effectiveness of this method and support your evaluation with examples from the novel.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)