|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
2. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
3. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
4. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
5. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amado think about Carlos?
2. How does Amado react to being hit with the pan by Carlos?
3. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
4. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
5. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
6. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
7. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
8. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
9. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
10. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how illness and a time frame on life affect Carlos. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay distinguishing between Carlos and his brothers as immigrants. Use specific examples from the novel to support your writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing a typical day in the life of the peasants. Include an evaluation as to this type of life style compared to your own. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your writing.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)