|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos find Jose?
2. What work do Amado and his friend Alfredo do?
3. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
4. From what disease does Marian die?
5. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Carlos and Marcelo lose their money?
2. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
3. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
4. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
5. Why is Jose arrested?
6. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
7. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
8. What does Macario vow to Carlos?
9. What profession does Carlos now wish to follow as he leaves with his cousin?
10. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in the life of a Filipino immigrant during this time frame. Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Justify the decision of Amado and Macario to join the armed services to Carlos in an essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing a typical day in the life of the peasants. Include an evaluation as to this type of life style compared to your own. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your writing.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)