|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
2. What does Macario tell Carlos?
(a) He will always take care of him
(b) He does not care for Carlos
(c) He is leaving for Spain
(d) Carlos is not really his brother
3. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
(a) Start a new organization against the Japanese
(b) Go home to the Philippines
(c) Volunteer for the military
(d) Move to Canada
4. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
(a) Read him a story
(b) Talk to him about the Philippines
(c) Write a letter to his mother
(d) Write him a poem
5. Which word best describes how Carlos feels at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos head after leaving Stockton?
2. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
3. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
4. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
5. What does Carlos write that is published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
2. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
3. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
4. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
5. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
6. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
7. What does Carlos hope will come from the meeting he and Jose call?
8. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
9. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
10. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)