|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) Worker's schools
(b) New job opportunities for workers
(c) New newspapers
(d) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
2. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
(a) Leaves the city
(b) Steals a diamond ring
(c) Gets a job
(d) Takes money back from the Filipino citizenship cause
3. Why are Macario, Nick and Felix going to Spain?
(a) To protect Carlos and find him better medical care
(b) To get away from the thugs who want to hurt them
(c) To help fight Fascism
(d) To fight the peasants
4. Who first tells Carlos that Macario will be going to Spain to fight?
5. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
(a) Write him a poem
(b) Talk to him about the Philippines
(c) Write a letter to his mother
(d) Read him a story
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
2. How do Ronald and Carlos meet?
3. What does Claro tell Carlos many years ago when they meet?
4. What does Carlos write that is published?
5. What does Carlos dream about while on the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
2. What seems to be Carlos' reaction to serious problems?
3. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
4. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
5. How does Carlos feel after he realizes that no one will ever destroy his faith in America?
6. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
7. What does Amado think about Carlos?
8. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
9. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
10. What does Carlos find out his friends and his brother, Macario?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)