|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
(a) Go home to the Philippines
(b) Move to Canada
(c) Volunteer for the military
(d) Start a new organization against the Japanese
2. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario find themselves in the middle of at the bar?
(b) Police sting
3. Where does Carlos head after leaving Stockton?
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
4. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
(a) The Philippines
(b) His time in the hospital
(c) His time in Seattle at the canneries
(d) His published articles and poems
5. Who first tells Carlos that Macario will be going to Spain to fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Carlos meet on the return train trip to Los Angeles?
2. Why do the people Carlos lives with decide to find a new place?
3. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
4. Which branch of the armed services does Amado join?
5. How long does it take Carlos to be well enough to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amado react to being hit with the pan by Carlos?
2. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
3. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
4. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
5. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
6. What seems to be Carlos' reaction to serious problems?
7. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
8. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
9. How does Carlos feel after meeting with the Filipino communist?
10. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)