|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carlos travel?
2. Which of the following characters is not living in Carlos' apartment in Los Angeles?
3. What does Carlos write that is published?
(a) Stories about the Philippines
(c) Short stories
4. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) New job opportunities for workers
(b) New newspapers
(c) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
(d) Worker's schools
5. How long should Macario be able to live on the money Carlos gives him?
(a) 2 months
(b) 2 years
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 2 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Macario in Chapter 44?
3. How does Carlos get the money that he gives to Macario?
4. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
5. Who does Carlos live with after leaving the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos afraid to leave the hospital?
2. What does Carlos do once he hears that Pearl Harbor has been attacked?
3. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
4. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
5. Why doesn't the editor of the magazine who wants to arrange for a scholarship for Carlos ever meet him?
6. What does Amado think about Carlos?
7. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
8. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
9. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
10. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)