|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
(a) No one, they die off when he leaves
(b) One of the workers
2. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
(a) Labor union rules
3. What promise does Amado make to Carlos?
(a) He will stay in Bakersfield if Carlos brings Macario there
(b) He will continue Carlos's work and fight
(c) He will take care of Macario in Los Angeles
(d) He will never gamble again
4. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Macario in Chapter 44?
(a) Well enough to work
(b) Old looking
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carlos having more surgery?
2. How long should Macario be able to live on the money Carlos gives him?
3. Where does Carlos go to talk to Nick?
4. Why is Carlos evicted?
5. Where does Carlos find Nick after he leaves Portland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the editor of the magazine who wants to arrange for a scholarship for Carlos ever meet him?
2. What does Carlos hope will come from the meeting he and Jose call?
3. How does Carlos feel after he realizes that no one will ever destroy his faith in America?
4. Why does Claro tell Carlos that he must leave Stockton immediately?
5. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
6. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
7. What does Carlos do once he hears that Pearl Harbor has been attacked?
8. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
9. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
10. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)