|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos dream about while on the bus?
(a) First arrival in America
(b) The terrible beating he received
(c) Childhood in Binalonan
(d) Eileen and the books she has shared with him
2. Why do the people Carlos lives with decide to find a new place?
(a) There are cheaper places with no stairs
(b) There is too much discrimination in their current place
(c) Carlos has a stiff leg
(d) Macario has lost his job again
3. Which of the following is not true about the hospital as Carlos views it?
(a) Has plenty of food
(c) Great prejudice is present
(d) A constant place to sleep
4. Why is Carlos having more surgery?
(a) To be able to live with Eileen
(b) To treat his knee
(c) To treat the spreading tuberculosis
(d) To treat his syphilis
5. Where does Carlos head?
(a) San Francisco
(d) San Pedro
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Amado make to Carlos?
2. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
3. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
4. What does Carlos want to do when he recovers?
5. Which branch of the armed services does Amado join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
2. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
3. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
4. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
5. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
6. Why does Claro tell Carlos that he must leave Stockton immediately?
7. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
8. How does Carlos feel after he realizes that no one will ever destroy his faith in America?
9. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
10. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)