|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
(d) No one, they have all been disbanded
2. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) Filipino labor leaders
(b) All of their family and friends
(c) The striking workers in Stockton
(d) Employers of Filipinos
3. How many people attend Carlos and Jose's meeting?
4. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
(a) So he does not leave the hospital
(b) It is hurt in the beating in San Jose
(c) The tuberculosis
(d) Because it swells in the rainy season
5. In what city does Carlos meet Claro?
(c) San Fernando
(d) San Jose
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Carlos meet in San Pedro?
2. What does Carlos write that is published?
3. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
4. What does Carlos dream about while on the bus?
5. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
2. How does Carlos feel after meeting with the Filipino communist?
3. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
4. Why does Claro tell Carlos that he must leave Stockton immediately?
5. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
6. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
7. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
8. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
9. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
10. What does Carlos find out his friends and his brother, Macario?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)