|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
2. How does Carlos travel?
3. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
(a) Win the cause
(b) Be a writer
(c) Become a citizen
(d) Find their brother
4. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
(a) Love of brothers
(b) Traditions and culture
(c) Family bonds
5. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
(a) His recovery is slow
(b) He continues to read many books
(c) He is transferred to a sanitarium
(d) He continues his relationship with Eileen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
2. Why do the people Carlos lives with decide to find a new place?
3. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
4. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
5. Why are there not many workers in Bakersfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
2. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
3. How does Carlos feel about being portrayed in the newspaper as a Filipino communist?
4. Why does Claro tell Carlos that he must leave Stockton immediately?
5. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
6. Why is Carlos afraid to leave the hospital?
7. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
8. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
9. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
10. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)