|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which president signs the special proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces?
2. How long does it take Carlos to be well enough to travel?
(a) One year
(b) One month
(c) One day
(d) One week
3. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
(b) Labor union rules
4. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
(a) Write a letter to his mother
(b) Talk to him about the Philippines
(c) Write him a poem
(d) Read him a story
5. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
(a) Steals a diamond ring
(b) Takes money back from the Filipino citizenship cause
(c) Gets a job
(d) Leaves the city
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Carlos meet Claro?
2. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
3. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
4. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
5. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
2. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
3. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
4. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
5. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
6. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
7. Why doesn't the editor of the magazine who wants to arrange for a scholarship for Carlos ever meet him?
8. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
9. How does Carlos feel about being portrayed in the newspaper as a Filipino communist?
10. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)