|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) All of their family and friends
(b) Filipino labor leaders
(c) The striking workers in Stockton
(d) Employers of Filipinos
2. What promise does Amado make to Carlos?
(a) He will continue Carlos's work and fight
(b) He will stay in Bakersfield if Carlos brings Macario there
(c) He will take care of Macario in Los Angeles
(d) He will never gamble again
3. Where does Carlos go to talk to Nick?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Fernando
4. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
5. How does Carlos travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos dream about while on the bus?
2. Which branch of the armed services does Macario join?
3. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
4. What does Carlos learn from Nick?
5. Where does Carlos tell Macario he is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
2. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
3. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
4. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
5. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
6. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
7. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
8. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
9. What does Carlos do once he hears that Pearl Harbor has been attacked?
10. How does Carlos feel after he realizes that no one will ever destroy his faith in America?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)