|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy who does not know how to write is from ________.
(b) New Mexico
2. To whom has Carlos drawn closer?
3. What does Macario tell Carlos?
(a) He will always take care of him
(b) Carlos is not really his brother
(c) He is leaving for Spain
(d) He does not care for Carlos
4. Who does the newspaper headline say is leading the strike?
(b) A Filipino communist
5. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos head after leaving Stockton?
2. Where does Carlos head?
3. Where does Carlos go to escape his own reality?
4. Where is the meeting Carlos and Jose organize held?
5. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos afraid to leave the hospital?
2. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
3. Why does Claro tell Carlos that he must leave Stockton immediately?
4. Why doesn't the editor of the magazine who wants to arrange for a scholarship for Carlos ever meet him?
5. What seems to be Carlos' reaction to serious problems?
6. How long does the relationship between Carlos and Eileen last?
7. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
8. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
9. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
10. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)