|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carlos travel?
2. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
3. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
(b) Labor union rules
4. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
(b) Reading to children who have tuberculosis
(c) Spending time working at the information desk
(d) Caring for other patients
5. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
(c) No one, they have all been disbanded
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in what Macario leaves for Carlos?
2. Where does Carlos go to escape his own reality?
3. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
4. Where is Carlos' work beginning to get published?
5. Where does Carlos head after leaving Stockton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
2. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
3. How long does the relationship between Carlos and Eileen last?
4. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
5. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
6. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
7. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
8. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
9. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
10. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)