|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
2. To whom has Carlos drawn closer?
3. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
(a) Caring for other patients
(b) Spending time working at the information desk
(c) Reading to children who have tuberculosis
4. Where is Carlos' work beginning to get published?
5. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
(a) Eileen's home
(c) No where, he wants to stay in the hospital
(d) Different hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
2. When does Carlos leave?
3. Where is Carlos when Pearl Harbor is attacked?
4. Which of the following is not true about the hospital as Carlos views it?
5. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos afraid to leave the hospital?
2. How does Carlos feel about being portrayed in the newspaper as a Filipino communist?
3. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
4. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
5. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
6. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
7. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
8. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
9. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
10. What does Carlos hope will come from the meeting he and Jose call?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)