|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy who does not know how to write is from ________.
(d) New Mexico
2. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Jose
(c) San Fernando
3. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
(a) Family bonds
(c) Traditions and culture
(d) Love of brothers
4. Who does the newspaper headline say is leading the strike?
(a) A Filipino communist
5. Which branch of the armed services does Macario join?
(a) Air force
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos write that is published?
2. Where is Carlos when Pearl Harbor is attacked?
3. To whom does Ann Dozier direct Jose and Carlos?
4. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
5. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlos find out his friends and his brother, Macario?
2. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
3. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
4. What does Carlos hope will come from the meeting he and Jose call?
5. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
6. What does Amado give to Carlos as he goes to join the Navy?
7. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
8. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
9. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
10. What does Carlos do once he hears that Pearl Harbor has been attacked?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)