|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos find Nick after he leaves Portland?
(a) San Jose
(b) Los Angeles
2. What do the police do that upsets Carlos?
(a) Search everyone at a dinner
(b) Arrest Macario
(c) Tell him to move out of the hotel
(d) Arrest him
3. Which character does Carlos meet in San Pedro?
4. Which of the following is not included in what Macario leaves for Carlos?
(c) Social security card
(d) Picture of himself
5. Where does Carlos find work?
(a) San Pedro
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Carlos meet on the return train trip to Los Angeles?
2. Why do the people Carlos lives with decide to find a new place?
3. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
4. Why is Carlos evicted?
5. How does Carlos get the money that he gives to Macario?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
2. What does Carlos find out his friends and his brother, Macario?
3. Why doesn't the editor of the magazine who wants to arrange for a scholarship for Carlos ever meet him?
4. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
5. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
6. Where are Carlos and Macario when the police search them?
7. How does Carlos feel after meeting with the Filipino communist?
8. What does Carlos hope will come from the meeting he and Jose call?
9. How does Amado react to being hit with the pan by Carlos?
10. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)