|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carlos live with after leaving the hospital?
(a) Eileen and Macario
(b) Macario and Victor
(c) Nick and Felix
(d) Victor and Nick
2. What does Claro tell Carlos many years ago when they meet?
(a) To return to the Philippines as soon as possible
(b) To never return to Stockton
(c) To spend his time and energy doing good work for the Filipino people
(d) Do not return to Stockton until ready to fight for their people
3. Who does the newspaper headline say is leading the strike?
(d) A Filipino communist
4. Where does Carlos find Amado?
(c) He never finds Amado
(d) Mexican bar
5. What do the police do that upsets Carlos?
(a) Tell him to move out of the hotel
(b) Arrest Macario
(c) Search everyone at a dinner
(d) Arrest him
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
2. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
3. In what city does Carlos meet Claro?
4. Why are Macario, Nick and Felix going to Spain?
5. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
2. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
3. Why does Carlos hate the middle and upper classes?
4. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
5. What does Amado think about Carlos?
6. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
7. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
8. How does Amado react to being hit with the pan by Carlos?
9. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
10. How does Carlos feel about being portrayed in the newspaper as a Filipino communist?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)