|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) Letter from America
(b) Filipino Letters
(c) American Letters
(d) American Letters to the Philippines
2. Which of the following characters had Carlos met many years ago?
3. How long does it take Carlos to be well enough to travel?
(a) One day
(b) One week
(c) One year
(d) One month
4. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Go home to the Philippines
(c) Start a new organization against the Japanese
(d) Volunteer for the military
5. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
(b) New newspapers
(c) Worker's schools
(d) New job opportunities for workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos learn from Nick?
2. What promise does Amado make to Carlos?
3. Which branch of the armed services does Macario join?
4. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
5. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
2. Why is Carlos denied the transfer?
3. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
4. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
5. Why doesn't the editor of the magazine who wants to arrange for a scholarship for Carlos ever meet him?
6. How does Amado react to being hit with the pan by Carlos?
7. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
8. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
9. How does Carlos feel about being portrayed in the newspaper as a Filipino communist?
10. What does Carlos hope will come from the meeting he and Jose call?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)