|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) His writing is too controversial
(b) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(c) There are too many people living in his apartment
(d) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
2. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) All of their family and friends
(b) Filipino labor leaders
(c) The striking workers in Stockton
(d) Employers of Filipinos
3. Who does Carlos live with after leaving the hospital?
(a) Eileen and Macario
(b) Victor and Nick
(c) Nick and Felix
(d) Macario and Victor
4. In what city does Carlos meet Claro?
(c) San Fernando
(d) San Jose
5. Which of the following characters is not living in Carlos' apartment in Los Angeles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
2. What does Carlos do to support the cause of citizenship for Filipinos?
3. Where does Carlos tell Macario he is going?
4. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
5. Which word best describes how Carlos feels at the end of the story?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)