|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
(a) Box car
(b) With Jose
(c) With Amado
(d) He walks
2. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
(a) A publisher wants to publish his book of poems
(b) He will become a war correspondent
(c) A newspaper wants him to become a regular writer
(d) He will get a byline in Ganzo's newspaper
3. Which of the following characters is not living in Carlos' apartment in Los Angeles?
4. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
5. What does Carlos not write?
(a) Full length novel
(b) Short stories
(c) Sketches of life in America
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Carlos' work beginning to get published?
2. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
3. Why is Carlos having more surgery?
4. What does Carlos write that is published?
5. What does Claro tell Carlos many years ago when they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Macario's absence, what happens to Carlos and Eileen?
2. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
3. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
4. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
5. Why does Carlos spend time with the San Fernando crew leader's wife?
6. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
7. How does Carlos feel after he realizes that no one will ever destroy his faith in America?
8. What does Amado think about Carlos?
9. What does Carlos do once he hears that Pearl Harbor has been attacked?
10. How long does the relationship between Carlos and Eileen last?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)