|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what amount are Carlos and his friend Marcelo sold?
2. Where does Carlos' ship dock in America?
(d) New York
3. Where is Carlos when he is arrested and put in jail?
(a) Hotel in Seattle
(b) Bus station
(d) Homeless shelter
4. Where do Carlos and Jose find Miller?
(a) With Helen
(b) Tied to a tree
(c) On the floor of a car
(d) In secret meetings with the agricultural interests
5. Where does Carlos end up after he gets on the second train with the girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carlos begin drinking and roaming around the West Coast?
2. What does Carlos' family call him?
3. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
4. What business did Alfredo want Carlos to enter?
5. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
2. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
3. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
4. What event makes Carlos' desire to be a doctor more concrete for him?
5. What does Macario vow to Carlos?
6. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
7. How do Carlos and Marcelo lose their money?
8. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
9. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
10. Why doesn't Carlos' father think the stranger walking toward their home could be his son, Leon?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)