|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Alfredo want Carlos to enter?
(d) Milk Company
2. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
(a) They are robbed of all of their hard earned money
(b) They lose their way and become lost in the countryside
(c) The rising river sweeps away all their beans.
(d) They are attacked by a band of thieves
3. How does Carlos learn how to get around on the trains?
(a) Following the lead of his brother
(b) Listening to passengers
(c) Hanging on to rods on the trains
(d) Watching hobos
4. What is the name of the literary magazine that Nick, Felix and Carlos print?
(a) The New Tide
(b) The New Way
(c) Filipino's Way
(d) A New Revolution
5. On what does the family spend all of its money?
(a) Buying new hectares of land
(b) New animals to help on the farm
(c) Macario's school expenses
(d) Food, clothes and health checkups
Short Answer Questions
1. What develops in Carlos as a direct result of his family losing its land?
2. Where does Carlos find Jose?
3. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
4. Where is Carlos told to go to look for his brother?
5. How do Carlos and Luciano earn money to open a small store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the other roommates tell Macario that there is no use in going to look for a job?
2. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
3. What happens to Alonzo?
4. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
5. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
6. Why does Carlos leave the homeless shelter?
7. Why do the striking workers organize their own patrols?
8. What does Macario vow to Carlos?
9. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
10. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)