Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marian want Carlos to do?
(a) Go to school
(b) Start a union
(c) Take care of her
(d) Take care of Ganzo
2. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
(c) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
3. What happens when the strikers try to prevent the transport of the produce?
(a) They are beaten and arrested by the police
(b) They are run over by vehicles
(c) They are shot and killed by farmers
(d) The strike is broken
4. What happens when the Filipino workers strike?
(a) Mexican workers are brought in
(b) Filipino interest and their workers' association grows stronger
(c) People are killed
(d) Farmers go bankrupt
5. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
(a) Taking care of his siblings
(c) Caring for his ill father
(d) Selling beans
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
2. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
3. Who returns to the family and helps make the next loan payment?
4. What job must Carlos father take on after he realizes he has no land?
5. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
2. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
3. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
4. Why is Jose arrested?
5. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
6. What is Carlos doing when he decides that no one will destroy his faith in America?
7. Why do Macario and Nick not go to Spain?
8. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
9. Why does Claro tell Carlos that he must leave Stockton immediately?
10. What does Amado think about Carlos?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)