|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which world event intensifies the hatred against Filipinos?
(a) War with Germany
(b) War with Philippines
(c) Increased crime committed by the Filipinos
(d) War with Japan
2. Who is Mariano?
(a) The man Carlos kills with Max
(b) Carlos' gambling partner
(c) A friend of Carlos'sbrother
(d) Carlos' boss
3. Who tells Carlos to head to Stockton?
(a) The Chinese
(c) The girl who was assaulted
4. What develops in Carlos as a direct result of his family losing its land?
(a) Increased education
(b) Poor attitude
(c) Social awareness
(d) Illegal behavior
5. What happens when the strikers try to prevent the transport of the produce?
(a) The strike is broken
(b) They are beaten and arrested by the police
(c) They are shot and killed by farmers
(d) They are run over by vehicles
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a gambling game?
2. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
3. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
4. On what does the family spend all of its money?
5. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
2. What does Carlos do once he hears that Pearl Harbor has been attacked?
3. What does Macario vow to Carlos?
4. Why do the other roommates tell Macario that there is no use in going to look for a job?
5. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
6. Why is Carlos afraid he is dying?
7. What does Carlos continue to do to pass the time while he is in the hospital?
8. What does Macario do once he graduates high school and returns to Binalonan?
9. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
10. What is one reason that many of the Filipinos want to fight to free their country of birth?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)