|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what nationality is the woman who owns the restaurant where Carlos hangs out?
2. How does Carlos feel about returning to the city of his birth and the old family home?
(a) Unhappy with the death of his brother
(b) Surprised by the developments in the city
(c) Happy he returns there
(d) Regretful he returns there
3. Why do Julio and Carlos flee the orchard?
(a) They are tired of working hard
(b) The crew leader stole their paychecks
(c) A group appears and starts shooting at everyone
(d) They want to find Carlos's brothers
4. What does Carlos do with all of his money?
(a) Loses it gambling
(b) Opens a bakery
(c) Gives it to Amado
(d) Opens a restaurant
5. When does Claro say Carlos should return to Stockton?
(a) When he's ready to fight for his people
(b) When he finds his brothers
(c) When he has money to pay for his gambling
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman married to Pascual who helps to run the newspaper?
2. What business did Alfredo want Carlos to enter?
3. What job must Carlos father take on after he realizes he has no land?
4. What happens to Carlos as he tries to obtain a job?
5. From what disease does Marian die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macario do once he graduates high school and returns to Binalonan?
2. What must Carlos take before he can board the boat to America?
3. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
4. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
5. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
6. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
7. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
8. Why is Jose arrested?
9. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
10. What happens to Alonzo?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)