|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
(a) Ill with meningitis
(b) In search of friends
2. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
(a) Doctor's office
(b) Pet store
3. Which of the following characters keeps a roof over everyone's head by selling tickets at a dance hall?
4. On what does the family spend all of its money?
(a) New animals to help on the farm
(b) Food, clothes and health checkups
(c) Buying new hectares of land
(d) Macario's school expenses
5. What does Macario think the family should sell so that he can finish his last three months of school?
(a) All of the animals they own
(b) All the land they have left or the house
(c) The church land
(d) Any food they grow
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
2. For what amount are Carlos and his friend Marcelo sold?
3. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
4. From what disease does Marian die?
5. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
2. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
3. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
4. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
5. What event makes Carlos' desire to be a doctor more concrete for him?
6. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
7. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
8. What does Carlos call the turning point in his life?
9. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
10. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)