|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos' ship dock in America?
(c) New York
2. What does Carlos' father turn to when he loses the court case about his land?
(d) His son
3. What happens to Carlos as he tries to obtain a job?
(b) Refused work
(c) Women accuse him of getting them pregnant
4. Why do Julio and Carlos flee the orchard?
(a) A group appears and starts shooting at everyone
(b) They are tired of working hard
(c) The crew leader stole their paychecks
(d) They want to find Carlos's brothers
5. At what grade level does Amado's education end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
2. With what disease is Carlos diagnosed?
3. At what age does Carlos leave home?
4. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
5. What does the younger generation in the Philippines want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the other roommates tell Macario that there is no use in going to look for a job?
2. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
3. What event makes Carlos' desire to be a doctor more concrete for him?
4. What happens to Alonzo?
5. What must Carlos take before he can board the boat to America?
6. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
7. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
8. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
9. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
10. Why doesn't Carlos' father think the stranger walking toward their home could be his son, Leon?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)