|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work do Amado and his friend Alfredo do?
(b) Work in the tomato fields
(d) Bus drivers
2. Which of the following words best describes how Carlos feels about the middle class?
3. How does Carlos learn how to get around on the trains?
(a) Following the lead of his brother
(b) Listening to passengers
(c) Watching hobos
(d) Hanging on to rods on the trains
4. What is the name of the literary magazine that Nick, Felix and Carlos print?
(a) The New Tide
(b) The New Way
(c) A New Revolution
(d) Filipino's Way
5. Who is Mariano?
(a) Carlos' boss
(b) Carlos' gambling partner
(c) A friend of Carlos'sbrother
(d) The man Carlos kills with Max
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Macario read to Carlos?
2. What causes the strike to gain momentum?
3. At what grade level does Amado's education end?
4. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
5. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
2. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
3. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
4. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
5. Why do the other roommates tell Macario that there is no use in going to look for a job?
6. What does Macario vow to Carlos?
7. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
8. Why are many different people arriving in the city, Linagayen, as Carlos arrives there?
9. What happens to Alonzo?
10. How do Carlos and Marcelo lose their money?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)