|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos steal in order to buy food when he returns to Seattle?
2. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
3. When does Claro say Carlos should return to Stockton?
(b) When he has money to pay for his gambling
(c) When he finds his brothers
(d) When he's ready to fight for his people
4. What organization does Carlos try to help Jose keep together?
(a) The New Tide
(b) Labor Movement
(c) Filipino Workers' Association
(d) Pascual's Newspaper
5. On what does the family spend all of its money?
(a) Macario's school expenses
(b) Food, clothes and health checkups
(c) Buying new hectares of land
(d) New animals to help on the farm
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disease does Marian die?
2. Where is Carlos when he is arrested and put in jail?
3. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
4. Where does Carlos' ship dock in America?
5. Why does Carlos begin drinking and roaming around the West Coast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jose arrested?
2. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
3. What does Macario vow to Carlos?
4. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
5. How do Carlos, Jose and Miller escape?
6. What does Carlos do with the money he earns?
7. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
8. What profession does Carlos now wish to follow as he leaves with his cousin?
9. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
10. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)