|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization does Carlos try to help Jose keep together?
(a) Filipino Workers' Association
(b) Labor Movement
(c) Pascual's Newspaper
(d) The New Tide
2. Where does Carlos' ship dock in America?
(c) New York
3. Alfredo is friendly with __________.
4. What happens to all of the family's animals and land?
(a) They are lost
(b) They die from disease
(c) They are sold off to pay for Carlos's school
(d) They are taken away during the revolt
5. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
(a) They lose their building
(b) They are all killed
(c) Armed men come and shoot and arrest people
(d) They are forced to cancel it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos find one day as he walks home from school?
2. Which of the following terms means lending of money at an extremely high interest rate?
3. Why does Carlos' family move again?
4. What is the name of the literary magazine that Nick, Felix and Carlos print?
5. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
2. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
3. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
4. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
5. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
6. What must Carlos take before he can board the boat to America?
7. What happens to Alonzo?
8. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
9. What does Carlos call the turning point in his life?
10. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)