|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) International Cub Scouts
(b) Philippine Army
(c) Future Farmers Coalition
(d) US Army
2. Why does Carlos begin drinking and roaming around the West Coast?
(a) Trying to find his love, Dora
(b) Upset by Marian's death
(c) Trying to find Jose and Miller
(d) Hiding out from contractor thugs
3. For what amount are Carlos and his friend Marcelo sold?
4. What is Pascual's final wish?
(a) To move toward socialism
(b) To move to San Francisco
(c) To have Carlos take over the newspaper
(d) To return to the Philippines
5. Why does Carlos' family move again?
(a) To work picking coconuts
(b) To follow the animals
(c) For the mango harvest
(d) Due to his father's drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
2. What work does Carlos get in Moxee City?
3. What does Carlos do with all of his money?
4. Where does Carlos' cousin live?
5. Who returns to the family and helps make the next loan payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Alonzo?
2. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
3. Why is Jose arrested?
4. Why does Carlos leave the homeless shelter?
5. Why do the striking workers organize their own patrols?
6. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
7. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
8. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
9. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
10. What does Carlos call the turning point in his life?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)