|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Julio and Carlos flee the orchard?
(a) The crew leader stole their paychecks
(b) They want to find Carlos's brothers
(c) They are tired of working hard
(d) A group appears and starts shooting at everyone
2. What crop does Carlos help harvest at the end of cauliflower season?
3. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) International Cub Scouts
(b) Future Farmers Coalition
(c) Philippine Army
(d) US Army
4. How do Carlos and Luciano earn money to open a small store?
(a) They babysit children from the village
(b) They fix equipment and machinery
(c) They capture and sell parrots
(d) They bar-b-que birds and sell them
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
(c) In search of friends
(d) Ill with meningitis
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos' cousin live?
2. Why does Carlos have to stay home during the rainy season?
3. On what does the family spend all of its money?
4. Which character has his feet severed by a train?
5. Where does Carlos find Jose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
2. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
3. How does Carlos feel after meeting with the Filipino communist?
4. What does Carlos continue to do for Ganzo?
5. What seems to be Carlos' reaction to serious problems?
6. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
7. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
8. What happens when Carlos shows his published book to Amado at the bar?
9. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
10. How does Carlos feel about being portrayed in the newspaper as a Filipino communist?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)