|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Carlos and Jose find Miller?
(a) On the floor of a car
(b) Tied to a tree
(c) With Helen
(d) In secret meetings with the agricultural interests
2. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
(a) They are forced to cancel it
(b) Armed men come and shoot and arrest people
(c) They lose their building
(d) They are all killed
3. What is Pascual's profession in addition to running the small newspaper?
(c) Restaurant manager
4. What does Marian want Carlos to do?
(a) Take care of Ganzo
(b) Go to school
(c) Start a union
(d) Take care of her
5. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) Future Farmers Coalition
(b) Philippine Army
(c) International Cub Scouts
(d) US Army
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos do with all of his money?
2. What happens to all of the family's animals and land?
3. Why does Carlos' family move again?
4. How does Carlos learn how to get around on the trains?
5. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
2. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
3. What does Carlos do with the money he earns?
4. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
5. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
6. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
7. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
8. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
9. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
10. How do Carlos, Jose and Miller escape?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)