|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not accurately describe Marian's life?
2. How does Carlos learn of the death of his father?
(a) A letter from his cousin
(b) From his brother Amado
(c) From his family when he returns home for a visit
(d) A letter from his mother
3. What does Juan Cablaan give Carlos?
(a) Ticket to America
4. What causes the strike to gain momentum?
(a) Pascaul's death
(b) Jose's involvement
(c) The death threats
(d) Carlos' involvement
5. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
(a) They lose their building
(b) They are forced to cancel it
(c) Armed men come and shoot and arrest people
(d) They are all killed
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos' ship dock in America?
2. What traditionally happens when a new presidente (mayor) is elected in a city?
3. What kind of job does Macario find?
4. Which character has his feet severed by a train?
5. How does Carlos learn how to get around on the trains?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rios, Lacson and Dozier begin to convert the CPFR chapters into the Communist Party?
2. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
3. Describe the crew leader's story in San Fernando.
4. Where does Ganzo find Carlos?
5. Why do the other roommates tell Macario that there is no use in going to look for a job?
6. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
7. Why does Carlos strike Amado with a pan?
8. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
9. How does Amado react to being hit with the pan by Carlos?
10. Why doesn't Carlos' father think the stranger walking toward their home could be his son, Leon?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)