|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
2. What is the name of the woman married to Pascual who helps to run the newspaper?
3. At what age does Carlos leave home?
4. Which character has his feet severed by a train?
5. Which of the following is a skill Luciano learns in the service which makes him employable?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carlos earn money while he is living with his cousin?
2. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
3. Where does Carlos end up after he gets on the second train with the girl?
4. What is Pascual's profession in addition to running the small newspaper?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
2. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
3. What does Carlos do with the money he earns?
4. Why are there more and more peasant uprisings?
5. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
6. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
7. Why is Jose arrested?
8. How do Carlos, Jose and Miller escape?
9. Why does Carlos leave the homeless shelter?
10. What profession does Carlos now wish to follow as he leaves with his cousin?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)