|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos' father go to try to retrieve his land?
(a) His son
(d) Absentee landlord
2. How long is Amado in prison?
(a) 6 months
(b) 6 weeks
(c) 6 years
(d) 6 days
3. Who does Carlos discover has a true hatred of Filipinos?
4. What does Carlos' father turn to when he loses the court case about his land?
(c) His son
5. What does Carlos' family call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Carlos trying to sleep when he is confronted by the police?
2. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
3. How does Carlos learn of the death of his father?
4. At what age does Carlos leave home?
5. How does the group that lives together in the Hope Street apartment try to pay their rent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Macario lose his job?
2. Why doesn't Carlos' father think the stranger walking toward their home could be his son, Leon?
3. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
4. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
5. Why do the striking workers organize their own patrols?
6. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
7. How do Carlos and Marcelo lose their money?
8. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
9. Why is Jose arrested?
10. How do Carlos, Jose and Miller escape?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)