|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
(a) They lose their way and become lost in the countryside
(b) They are robbed of all of their hard earned money
(c) The rising river sweeps away all their beans.
(d) They are attacked by a band of thieves
2. Where do Carlos and Jose find Miller?
(a) In secret meetings with the agricultural interests
(b) On the floor of a car
(c) Tied to a tree
(d) With Helen
3. Where does Carlos' cousin live?
(a) In his own house
(b) Boarding house
(c) In his own apartment
(d) On a fishing boat
4. Of what nationality is the woman who owns the restaurant where Carlos hangs out?
5. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman married to Pascual who helps to run the newspaper?
2. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
3. When does Claro say Carlos should return to Stockton?
4. Which of the following is a skill Luciano learns in the service which makes him employable?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term barrio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Carlos' father think the stranger walking toward their home could be his son, Leon?
2. Why does Carlos leave the homeless shelter?
3. What does Carlos call the turning point in his life?
4. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
5. What happens to Alonzo?
6. Why is Jose arrested?
7. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
8. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
9. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
10. What does Macario do once he graduates high school and returns to Binalonan?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)