|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carlos earn money while he is living with his cousin?
(a) Selling fish his cousin catches
(b) Working with an American
(c) Going to school
(d) Working on a fishing boat
2. Where does Carlos' father go to try to retrieve his land?
(a) Absentee landlord
(c) His son
3. What work does Carlos get in Moxee City?
(a) Farm worker
(c) Apple picker
4. What does Carlos' father turn to when he loses the court case about his land?
(b) His son
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
(b) Ill with meningitis
(c) In search of friends
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Carlos and Luciano earn money to open a small store?
2. How does Carlos' cousin show him how to meet girls?
3. What does Carlos do with all of his money?
4. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Carlos feels about the middle class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
2. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
3. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
4. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
5. Why do the striking workers organize their own patrols?
6. What profession does Carlos now wish to follow as he leaves with his cousin?
7. What does Macario do once he graduates high school and returns to Binalonan?
8. What event makes Carlos' desire to be a doctor more concrete for him?
9. Why does Marian give Carlos several hundred dollars?
10. Why does Carlos leave the homeless shelter?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)