|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
(a) Felix tells him
(b) His little sisters tell him
(c) His mother tells him
(d) He sees the police lining up in the fields
2. What business did Alfredo want Carlos to enter?
(a) Milk Company
3. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
(a) Pet store
(c) Doctor's office
4. At what grade level does Amado's education end?
5. How does Carlos learn of the death of his father?
(a) A letter from his cousin
(b) From his family when he returns home for a visit
(c) From his brother Amado
(d) A letter from his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not accurately describe Marian's life?
2. What does Marian want Carlos to do?
3. Which of the following terms means lending of money at an extremely high interest rate?
4. Alfredo is friendly with __________.
5. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are many different people arriving in the city, Linagayen, as Carlos arrives there?
2. Why do the other roommates tell Macario that there is no use in going to look for a job?
3. What happens to Alonzo?
4. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
5. Why is Jose arrested?
6. What must Carlos take before he can board the boat to America?
7. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
8. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
9. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
10. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)