|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macario think the family should sell so that he can finish his last three months of school?
(a) The church land
(b) Any food they grow
(c) All the land they have left or the house
(d) All of the animals they own
2. What causes the strike to gain momentum?
(a) The death threats
(b) Pascaul's death
(c) Carlos' involvement
(d) Jose's involvement
3. For what amount are Carlos and his friend Marcelo sold?
4. What do five white men do to Jose and Carlos?
(a) Bribe them
(b) Kidnap them
(c) Kill them
(d) Take them away to Mexico
5. Why do Julio and Carlos flee the orchard?
(a) A group appears and starts shooting at everyone
(b) They are tired of working hard
(c) They want to find Carlos's brothers
(d) The crew leader stole their paychecks
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Macario find?
2. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
3. With what disease is Carlos diagnosed?
4. What job must Carlos father take on after he realizes he has no land?
5. Who returns to the family and helps make the next loan payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
2. Why are the characters so rushed to finish the harvest?
3. How do Carlos, Jose and Miller escape?
4. What do Felix, Nick and Carlos decide they must work on to improve?
5. What goal do Felix, Nick and Carlos have in publishing the magazine?
6. Why is Jose arrested?
7. What event makes Carlos' desire to be a doctor more concrete for him?
8. Why do the striking workers organize their own patrols?
9. Why does Macario lose his job?
10. Why does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos' job at the library?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)