|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are a part of Carlos' duties at the newspaper after Pascual gets sick?
(a) Selling subscriptions
(b) Selling advertising
(c) Editorial duties
(d) Business manager duties
2. What does Marian want Carlos to do?
(a) Go to school
(b) Start a union
(c) Take care of Ganzo
(d) Take care of her
3. Where does Carlos' father go to try to retrieve his land?
(b) Absentee landlord
(d) His son
4. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
5. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
(c) Pet store
(d) Doctor's office
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos' cousin live?
2. What happens to all of the family's animals and land?
3. What does Carlos find one day as he walks home from school?
4. Why do Julio and Carlos flee the orchard?
5. On what does the family spend all of its money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carlos fired from his job as a dishwasher?
2. How does Carlos convince Amado that he is indeed his brother?
3. Why doesn't Carlos' father think the stranger walking toward their home could be his son, Leon?
4. Why does the family have to close the store that Luciano and Carlos opened?
5. Why does Carlos want to go to California?
6. What incident occurs which makes Carlos leave Montana and again jump around from state to state?
7. What revelation about his English skills does Carlos undergo in Chapter twenty-three?
8. What happens to Carlos as he tries to help the girl who is being assaulted?
9. What does Carlos do with the money he earns?
10. What does Carlos call the turning point in his life?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)