|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macario tell Carlos?
(a) Carlos is not really his brother
(b) He will always take care of him
(c) He is leaving for Spain
(d) He does not care for Carlos
2. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
(a) Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(b) Coalition for Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(c) West Coast Filipinos
(d) Committee for Protection of Filipino Rights
3. Which president signs the special proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces?
4. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
5. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
(a) San Jose
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Fernando
6. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
(a) A publisher wants to publish his book of poems
(b) He will become a war correspondent
(c) He will get a byline in Ganzo's newspaper
(d) A newspaper wants him to become a regular writer
7. To whom does Ann Dozier direct Jose and Carlos?
(a) Poetry club
(b) Public library
(c) Labor union
(d) A Filipino communist
8. What does Claro tell Carlos many years ago when they meet?
(a) To spend his time and energy doing good work for the Filipino people
(b) Do not return to Stockton until ready to fight for their people
(c) To never return to Stockton
(d) To return to the Philippines as soon as possible
9. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) Filipino labor leaders
(b) Employers of Filipinos
(c) All of their family and friends
(d) The striking workers in Stockton
10. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
(a) Takes money back from the Filipino citizenship cause
(b) Leaves the city
(c) Steals a diamond ring
(d) Gets a job
11. Where does Carlos tell Macario he is going?
12. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
(a) So he does not leave the hospital
(b) The tuberculosis
(c) It is hurt in the beating in San Jose
(d) Because it swells in the rainy season
13. Where does Carlos find work?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) San Pedro
14. Why are Macario, Nick and Felix going to Spain?
(a) To protect Carlos and find him better medical care
(b) To help fight Fascism
(c) To fight the peasants
(d) To get away from the thugs who want to hurt them
15. Which of the following characters is the contractor Carlos goes to see in Bakersfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
2. Which of the following is the main reason many of the Filipinos want to fight in the war?
3. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
4. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
5. Why are there not many workers in Bakersfield?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)