|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
(b) Traditions and culture
(c) Family bonds
(d) Love of brothers
2. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
(a) Become a citizen
(b) Be a writer
(c) Find their brother
(d) Win the cause
3. What does Carlos dream about while on the bus?
(a) Childhood in Binalonan
(b) Eileen and the books she has shared with him
(c) The terrible beating he received
(d) First arrival in America
4. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
(a) West Coast Filipinos
(b) Coalition for Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(c) Committee for Protection of Filipino Rights
(d) Protecting West Coast Filipinos
5. Where does Carlos find work?
(a) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Pedro
6. Where is the meeting Carlos and Jose organize held?
(a) Ganzo's house
(b) Carlos and Macario's house
(c) Outside of the city limits
(d) The house of the Filipino communist
7. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) New newspapers
(b) Worker's schools
(c) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
(d) New job opportunities for workers
8. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
9. Which of the following is not included in what Macario leaves for Carlos?
(b) Social security card
(c) Picture of himself
10. Why do the people Carlos lives with decide to find a new place?
(a) There is too much discrimination in their current place
(b) Macario has lost his job again
(c) Carlos has a stiff leg
(d) There are cheaper places with no stairs
11. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
12. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
(a) His time in the hospital
(b) His time in Seattle at the canneries
(c) His published articles and poems
(d) The Philippines
13. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
14. What does Claro tell Carlos many years ago when they meet?
(a) To return to the Philippines as soon as possible
(b) To spend his time and energy doing good work for the Filipino people
(c) To never return to Stockton
(d) Do not return to Stockton until ready to fight for their people
15. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
(a) Eileen's home
(b) Different hospital
(d) No where, he wants to stay in the hospital
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
2. What do the police do that upsets Carlos?
3. To whom has Carlos drawn closer?
4. What is the first victory the Filipinos win in their battle for civil rights?
5. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)