|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
2. Where does Carlos find Amado?
(a) Mexican bar
(b) He never finds Amado
3. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
4. Which president signs the special proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces?
5. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) New job opportunities for workers
(b) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
(c) Worker's schools
(d) New newspapers
6. What does Macario tell Carlos?
(a) He does not care for Carlos
(b) Carlos is not really his brother
(c) He is leaving for Spain
(d) He will always take care of him
7. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
(a) Be a writer
(b) Win the cause
(c) Find their brother
(d) Become a citizen
8. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
9. Which of the following characters is the contractor Carlos goes to see in Bakersfield?
10. Why is Carlos losing interest in the fight?
(a) He is too ill to keep fighting
(b) He does not believe in Communism
(c) His brother is sick
(d) He is tired of fighting
11. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario find themselves in the middle of at the bar?
(d) Police sting
12. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
(c) Labor union rules
13. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
(a) Family bonds
(b) Traditions and culture
(d) Love of brothers
14. Which word best describes how Carlos feels at the end of the story?
15. What does Carlos write that is published?
(a) Stories about the Philippines
(c) Short stories
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Carlos meet in San Pedro?
2. Where is Carlos when Pearl Harbor is attacked?
3. Who does the newspaper headline say is leading the strike?
4. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
5. Which of the following characters does Carlos meet on the return train trip to Los Angeles?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)