|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which branch of the armed services does Amado join?
(d) Air force
2. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Go home to the Philippines
(c) Volunteer for the military
(d) Start a new organization against the Japanese
3. Who first tells Carlos that Macario will be going to Spain to fight?
4. Who does the newspaper headline say is leading the strike?
(c) A Filipino communist
5. What does Carlos not write?
(a) Sketches of life in America
(c) Short stories
(d) Full length novel
6. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
7. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
(a) West Coast Filipinos
(b) Coalition for Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(c) Committee for Protection of Filipino Rights
(d) Protecting West Coast Filipinos
8. What type of crop is harvested in San Fernando?
9. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Fernando
(c) San Jose
10. Where does Carlos find Nick after he leaves Portland?
(b) Los Angeles
(d) San Jose
11. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
12. Which of the following characters had Carlos met many years ago?
13. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario find themselves in the middle of at the bar?
(a) Police sting
14. Who does Carlos try to find, but is unsuccessful?
15. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) Employers of Filipinos
(b) The striking workers in Stockton
(c) All of their family and friends
(d) Filipino labor leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police do that upsets Carlos?
2. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
3. Which of the following characters is not living in Carlos' apartment in Los Angeles?
4. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
5. Why are there not many workers in Bakersfield?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)