|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carlos having more surgery?
(a) To treat his syphilis
(b) To treat his knee
(c) To be able to live with Eileen
(d) To treat the spreading tuberculosis
2. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
3. Where do Carlos and Macario move once they are evicted?
(b) Home to the Philippines
(d) New apartment
4. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario find themselves in the middle of at the bar?
(c) Police sting
5. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
(a) Different hospital
(b) Eileen's home
(d) No where, he wants to stay in the hospital
6. What does Carlos do to support the cause of citizenship for Filipinos?
(a) Sponsors a bill in Congress
(b) Holds meetings with Congressmen
(c) Strike against places that does not support it
(d) Write articles and news items
7. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
(a) Reading to children who have tuberculosis
(b) Caring for other patients
(d) Spending time working at the information desk
8. Why are Macario, Nick and Felix going to Spain?
(a) To fight the peasants
(b) To protect Carlos and find him better medical care
(c) To help fight Fascism
(d) To get away from the thugs who want to hurt them
9. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
10. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
(a) Win the cause
(b) Find their brother
(c) Become a citizen
(d) Be a writer
11. Which branch of the armed services does Macario join?
(b) Air force
12. How many people attend Carlos and Jose's meeting?
13. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
(a) His family
(b) Traditions and culture
14. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Macario in Chapter 44?
(a) Old looking
(d) Well enough to work
15. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
(a) Committee for Protection of Filipino Rights
(b) Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(c) Coalition for Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(d) West Coast Filipinos
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of crop is harvested in San Fernando?
2. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
3. How long does it take Carlos to be well enough to travel?
4. How does Carlos travel?
5. What do the police do that upsets Carlos?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)