|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) Letter from America
(b) American Letters
(c) American Letters to the Philippines
(d) Filipino Letters
2. What does Carlos do to support the cause of citizenship for Filipinos?
(a) Holds meetings with Congressmen
(b) Write articles and news items
(c) Sponsors a bill in Congress
(d) Strike against places that does not support it
3. Where does Carlos head after leaving Stockton?
(a) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
4. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
(a) It is hurt in the beating in San Jose
(b) The tuberculosis
(c) Because it swells in the rainy season
(d) So he does not leave the hospital
5. What does Ganzo tell Carlos to keep doing?
(a) Taking care of Macario
(b) Hoping for citizenship
(d) Moving to different cities
6. In what city does Carlos meet Claro?
(a) San Fernando
(b) San Jose
7. How does Carlos get the money that he gives to Macario?
8. Why is Carlos losing interest in the fight?
(a) He does not believe in Communism
(b) He is tired of fighting
(c) He is too ill to keep fighting
(d) His brother is sick
9. Where does Carlos head?
(c) San Pedro
(d) San Francisco
10. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
(b) His family
(d) Traditions and culture
11. Which character does Carlos meet in San Pedro?
12. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) There are too many people living in his apartment
(b) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(c) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
(d) His writing is too controversial
13. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
(a) His time in Seattle at the canneries
(b) The Philippines
(c) His published articles and poems
(d) His time in the hospital
14. How long should Macario be able to live on the money Carlos gives him?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 days
(d) 2 years
15. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
(a) Spending time working at the information desk
(b) Reading to children who have tuberculosis
(c) Caring for other patients
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
2. How do Ronald and Carlos meet?
3. What does Carlos write that is published?
4. Where does Carlos tell Macario he is going?
5. Which of the following best describes Carlos' understanding of his illness and diagnosis?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)