|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ronald and Carlos meet?
(a) Ronald lends Carlos his magazine to read
(b) A Jewish girl introduces them
(c) Ronald writes about Carlos
(d) Carlos writes about Ronald
2. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(b) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
(c) There are too many people living in his apartment
(d) His writing is too controversial
3. To whom does Ann Dozier direct Jose and Carlos?
(a) A Filipino communist
(b) Poetry club
(c) Labor union
(d) Public library
4. Who does Carlos live with after leaving the hospital?
(a) Eileen and Macario
(b) Victor and Nick
(c) Macario and Victor
(d) Nick and Felix
5. Where is Carlos' work beginning to get published?
6. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
(b) Traditions and culture
(c) His family
7. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
(a) He will get a byline in Ganzo's newspaper
(b) A publisher wants to publish his book of poems
(c) He will become a war correspondent
(d) A newspaper wants him to become a regular writer
8. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
(a) No one, they die off when he leaves
(b) One of the workers
9. How long does it take Carlos to be well enough to travel?
(a) One year
(b) One day
(c) One week
(d) One month
10. In what city does Carlos meet Claro?
(b) San Fernando
(c) San Jose
11. Where is Carlos when Pearl Harbor is attacked?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Pedro
12. Where does Carlos find work?
(a) San Pedro
(b) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
13. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
(a) He continues to read many books
(b) His recovery is slow
(c) He continues his relationship with Eileen
(d) He is transferred to a sanitarium
14. With whom does Jose want the CPFR to affiliate?
(a) United Cannery, Agricultural, Packing and Allied Workers of America
(b) American League for Peace and Democracy
(d) Communist Party
15. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
(d) No one, they have all been disbanded
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carlos head?
2. Which of the following characters is not living in Carlos' apartment in Los Angeles?
3. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
4. Which of the following characters does Carlos meet on the return train trip to Los Angeles?
5. Which character does Carlos meet in San Pedro?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)