|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
(a) Leaves the city
(b) Steals a diamond ring
(c) Gets a job
(d) Takes money back from the Filipino citizenship cause
2. Which of the following is not true about the hospital as Carlos views it?
(a) Great prejudice is present
(b) Has plenty of food
(c) A constant place to sleep
3. What does Ganzo tell Carlos to keep doing?
(a) Moving to different cities
(b) Hoping for citizenship
(d) Taking care of Macario
4. How do Ronald and Carlos meet?
(a) Ronald writes about Carlos
(b) Carlos writes about Ronald
(c) Ronald lends Carlos his magazine to read
(d) A Jewish girl introduces them
5. To whom does Ann Dozier direct Jose and Carlos?
(a) A Filipino communist
(b) Public library
(c) Poetry club
(d) Labor union
6. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
(a) Start a new organization against the Japanese
(b) Volunteer for the military
(c) Move to Canada
(d) Go home to the Philippines
7. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
(a) With Jose
(b) With Amado
(c) He walks
(d) Box car
8. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) His writing is too controversial
(b) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(c) There are too many people living in his apartment
(d) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
9. Which of the following characters does Carlos meet on the return train trip to Los Angeles?
10. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
11. The boy who does not know how to write is from ________.
(a) New Mexico
12. What does Carlos learn from Nick?
(a) Amado does not go to take care of Macario
(b) The movement across the country is strong
(c) Jose was killed
(d) CPFR is dead in Portland
13. What do the police do that upsets Carlos?
(a) Arrest him
(b) Search everyone at a dinner
(c) Arrest Macario
(d) Tell him to move out of the hotel
14. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Macario in Chapter 44?
(b) Well enough to work
(d) Old looking
15. How does Carlos get the money that he gives to Macario?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Carlos?
2. What does Carlos want to do when he recovers?
3. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
4. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
5. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)