|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
(a) The Philippines
(b) His time in the hospital
(c) His time in Seattle at the canneries
(d) His published articles and poems
2. What does Carlos do when Macario becomes ill and needs money?
(a) Takes money back from the Filipino citizenship cause
(b) Leaves the city
(c) Gets a job
(d) Steals a diamond ring
3. Which of the following characters had Carlos met many years ago?
4. Which branch of the armed services does Macario join?
(a) Air force
5. How long should Macario be able to live on the money Carlos gives him?
(a) 2 days
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 2 months
(d) 2 years
6. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) Filipino labor leaders
(b) All of their family and friends
(c) Employers of Filipinos
(d) The striking workers in Stockton
7. Why is Carlos losing interest in the fight?
(a) He is tired of fighting
(b) He does not believe in Communism
(c) His brother is sick
(d) He is too ill to keep fighting
8. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
(b) San Jose
(c) San Fernando
(d) Los Angeles
9. What does Macario tell Carlos he can do?
(a) Find their brother
(b) Be a writer
(c) Win the cause
(d) Become a citizen
10. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
(a) Read him a story
(b) Write him a poem
(c) Write a letter to his mother
(d) Talk to him about the Philippines
11. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
(b) No one, they have all been disbanded
12. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) Filipino Letters
(b) Letter from America
(c) American Letters
(d) American Letters to the Philippines
13. Which of the following characters does Carlos find in Monterey?
14. Which branch of the armed services does Amado join?
(b) Air force
15. How do Ronald and Carlos meet?
(a) Carlos writes about Ronald
(b) Ronald lends Carlos his magazine to read
(c) A Jewish girl introduces them
(d) Ronald writes about Carlos
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macario tell Carlos?
2. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
3. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario find themselves in the middle of at the bar?
4. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
5. Where does Carlos find work?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)