Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos head?
(b) San Pedro
(d) San Francisco
2. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario find themselves in the middle of at the bar?
(c) Police sting
3. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) Filipino Letters
(b) American Letters to the Philippines
(c) Letter from America
(d) American Letters
4. Which branch of the armed services does Macario join?
(b) Air force
5. From where does the leader's wife of the San Fernando crew recognize Carlos?
(a) His time in the hospital
(b) His published articles and poems
(c) His time in Seattle at the canneries
(d) The Philippines
6. What does Carlos learn from Nick?
(a) Jose was killed
(b) The movement across the country is strong
(c) CPFR is dead in Portland
(d) Amado does not go to take care of Macario
7. Which of the following characters is able to obtain a visa to go to Spain?
8. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
(a) Eileen's home
(b) Different hospital
(d) No where, he wants to stay in the hospital
9. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
10. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
(a) So he does not leave the hospital
(b) The tuberculosis
(c) It is hurt in the beating in San Jose
(d) Because it swells in the rainy season
11. Where does Carlos find Amado?
(a) Mexican bar
(b) He never finds Amado
12. With whom does Jose want the CPFR to affiliate?
(a) Communist Party
(c) American League for Peace and Democracy
(d) United Cannery, Agricultural, Packing and Allied Workers of America
13. Why are there not many workers in Bakersfield?
(a) Harvest is still months away
(b) They have been run out by thugs
(c) Mexican workers have taken over the work previously done by Filipinos
(d) There are no crops in Bakersfield
14. What does Carlos write that is published?
(b) Stories about the Philippines
(c) Short stories
15. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
(a) With Jose
(b) Box car
(c) With Amado
(d) He walks
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of crop is harvested in San Fernando?
2. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
3. What does Carlos want to do when he recovers?
4. Where is Carlos' first stop on his trip visiting the workers?
5. To whom does Ann Dozier direct Jose and Carlos?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)