|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy who does not know how to write is from ________.
(c) New Mexico
2. Why is Carlos losing interest in the fight?
(a) He is tired of fighting
(b) He does not believe in Communism
(c) His brother is sick
(d) He is too ill to keep fighting
3. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) American Letters
(b) Filipino Letters
(c) American Letters to the Philippines
(d) Letter from America
4. Which word best describes how Carlos feels at the end of the story?
5. How long should Macario be able to live on the money Carlos gives him?
(a) 2 years
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 days
(d) 2 weeks
6. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
(a) He walks
(b) With Amado
(c) With Jose
(d) Box car
7. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(b) There are too many people living in his apartment
(c) His writing is too controversial
(d) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
8. What does Carlos learn from Nick?
(a) CPFR is dead in Portland
(b) The movement across the country is strong
(c) Jose was killed
(d) Amado does not go to take care of Macario
9. Where does Carlos go to escape his own reality?
(a) To Eileen's house
(b) To Jose's house
(d) Public library
10. How does Carlos travel?
11. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
12. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
(a) Traditions and culture
(d) His family
13. Where does Carlos find work?
(a) San Pedro
(b) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
14. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
(a) Move to Canada
(b) Go home to the Philippines
(c) Volunteer for the military
(d) Start a new organization against the Japanese
15. Where does Carlos head?
(a) San Pedro
(c) San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlos write that is published?
2. Which president signs the special proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces?
3. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
4. Which of the following best describes who has taken over the CPRF and labor organizations?
5. What does Claro tell Carlos many years ago when they meet?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)