|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) There are too many people living in his apartment
(b) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(c) His writing is too controversial
(d) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
2. Why is Carlos having more surgery?
(a) To be able to live with Eileen
(b) To treat his syphilis
(c) To treat the spreading tuberculosis
(d) To treat his knee
3. What does Carlos dream about while on the bus?
(a) Childhood in Binalonan
(b) Eileen and the books she has shared with him
(c) First arrival in America
(d) The terrible beating he received
4. Where do Carlos and Macario move once they are evicted?
(a) New apartment
(b) Home to the Philippines
5. Where does Carlos tell Macario he is going?
6. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
(a) He walks
(b) With Amado
(c) Box car
(d) With Jose
7. Which of the following best describes Carlos' understanding of his illness and diagnosis?
(a) He does not understand it
(b) He understands it completely
(c) Isolates himself
(d) Realizes he will soon die
8. Which of the following would have been taught in one of Carlos' classes?
(b) Labor union rules
9. With whom does Jose want the CPFR to affiliate?
(b) Communist Party
(c) American League for Peace and Democracy
(d) United Cannery, Agricultural, Packing and Allied Workers of America
10. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
(b) Love of brothers
(c) Traditions and culture
(d) Family bonds
11. Who does Carlos try to find, but is unsuccessful?
12. Which of the following is not true about the hospital as Carlos views it?
(a) A constant place to sleep
(b) Great prejudice is present
(d) Has plenty of food
13. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
(b) Traditions and culture
(d) His family
14. What does Ganzo tell Carlos to keep doing?
(a) Moving to different cities
(b) Hoping for citizenship
(d) Taking care of Macario
15. Where does Carlos find Amado?
(a) He never finds Amado
(b) Mexican bar
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not living in Carlos' apartment in Los Angeles?
2. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
3. Where is the meeting Carlos and Jose organize held?
4. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
5. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)