|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
(a) Write a letter to his mother
(b) Write him a poem
(c) Talk to him about the Philippines
(d) Read him a story
2. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
(a) Love of brothers
(b) Traditions and culture
(c) Family bonds
3. How does Carlos travel?
4. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
5. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
6. Where does Carlos go to talk to Nick?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Fernando
7. Where is Carlos when Pearl Harbor is attacked?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) San Pedro
8. What type of crop is harvested in San Fernando?
9. What does Carlos learn from Nick?
(a) CPFR is dead in Portland
(b) The movement across the country is strong
(c) Jose was killed
(d) Amado does not go to take care of Macario
10. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
(b) New newspapers
(c) Worker's schools
(d) New job opportunities for workers
11. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
(a) One of the workers
(b) No one, they die off when he leaves
12. What is the first victory the Filipinos win in their battle for civil rights?
(a) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces
(b) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to become citizens
(c) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to live in America without police involvement
(d) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to form labor unions
13. In what has Carlos' faith been restored?
(b) His family
(c) Traditions and culture
14. Who begins visiting Carlos after Alice leaves?
15. With whom does Jose want the CPFR to affiliate?
(a) American League for Peace and Democracy
(b) United Cannery, Agricultural, Packing and Allied Workers of America
(d) Communist Party
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Carlos want to show his book?
2. How many Filipino contractors control about 3,000 Filipino workers?
3. Who does Carlos try to find, but is unsuccessful?
4. What does Ganzo tell Carlos to keep doing?
5. Why are there not many workers in Bakersfield?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)