|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carlos head after leaving Stockton?
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
2. Why do the doctors put Carlos' leg in a cast?
(a) So he does not leave the hospital
(b) Because it swells in the rainy season
(c) The tuberculosis
(d) It is hurt in the beating in San Jose
3. What does Macario tell Carlos?
(a) Carlos is not really his brother
(b) He does not care for Carlos
(c) He is leaving for Spain
(d) He will always take care of him
4. How does Carlos travel?
5. With whom does Jose want the CPFR to affiliate?
(a) Communist Party
(b) United Cannery, Agricultural, Packing and Allied Workers of America
(d) American League for Peace and Democracy
6. Who does Carlos try to find, but is unsuccessful?
7. How does Carlos get the money that he gives to Macario?
8. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) Filipino labor leaders
(b) Employers of Filipinos
(c) The striking workers in Stockton
(d) All of their family and friends
9. What does Carlos do to support the cause of citizenship for Filipinos?
(a) Strike against places that does not support it
(b) Sponsors a bill in Congress
(c) Holds meetings with Congressmen
(d) Write articles and news items
10. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) American Letters
(b) Letter from America
(c) American Letters to the Philippines
(d) Filipino Letters
11. With what task in the hospital does Carlos help?
(a) Caring for other patients
(b) Spending time working at the information desk
(d) Reading to children who have tuberculosis
12. Where does Carlos head?
(a) San Pedro
(b) San Francisco
13. Which of the following is the main reason many of the Filipinos want to fight in the war?
(a) To find their families
(b) To show Americans they are worthy of citizenship
(c) To free their country of birth
(d) To gain citizenship
14. What is the first victory the Filipinos win in their battle for civil rights?
(a) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to live in America without police involvement
(b) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to form labor unions
(c) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to become citizens
(d) Proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces
15. Which president signs the special proclamation allowing Filipinos to fight in the armed forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many operations does Carlos undergo?
2. What does Carlos believe can never be destroyed?
3. Which of the following characters is the contractor Carlos goes to see in Bakersfield?
4. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
5. Where is Carlos when Pearl Harbor is attacked?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)