|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carlos evicted?
(a) He is contagious and she doesn't want him living there
(b) His writing is too controversial
(c) There are too many people living in his apartment
(d) His landlady dies and the new one evicts everyone
2. After his operations, what is Carlos missing on his right side?
3. Which of the following is the title of Carlos' first published book?
(a) American Letters to the Philippines
(b) American Letters
(c) Letter from America
(d) Filipino Letters
4. Who first tells Carlos that Macario will be going to Spain to fight?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Macario in Chapter 44?
(a) Old looking
(c) Well enough to work
6. Where does Carlos find Amado?
(a) Mexican bar
(d) He never finds Amado
7. How does Carlos travel to Bakersfield?
(a) Box car
(b) With Amado
(c) With Jose
(d) He walks
8. Where does Carlos find Nick after he leaves Portland?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Jose
9. How long should Macario be able to live on the money Carlos gives him?
(a) 2 years
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 days
(d) 2 weeks
10. Where is the meeting Carlos and Jose organize held?
(a) Outside of the city limits
(b) Ganzo's house
(c) Carlos and Macario's house
(d) The house of the Filipino communist
11. Where does Carlos want to be transferred?
(b) No where, he wants to stay in the hospital
(c) Different hospital
(d) Eileen's home
12. What does Carlos start as he moves around?
(a) New job opportunities for workers
(b) Worker's schools
(c) New organizations to get citizenship for Filipinos
(d) New newspapers
13. Why are Macario, Nick and Felix going to Spain?
(a) To get away from the thugs who want to hurt them
(b) To protect Carlos and find him better medical care
(c) To fight the peasants
(d) To help fight Fascism
14. Who does Carlos turn over the classes to when he leaves?
(a) No one, they die off when he leaves
(d) One of the workers
15. Which word best describes how Carlos feels at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carlos, Jose and Macario want to do?
2. What good news does Carlos receive in regard to his writing?
3. Where does Carlos head?
4. What promise does Amado make to Carlos?
5. Which of the following is not true about the hospital as Carlos views it?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)