|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Amado in prison?
(a) 6 days
(b) 6 months
(c) 6 weeks
(d) 6 years
2. Which of the following are a part of Carlos' duties at the newspaper after Pascual gets sick?
(a) Business manager duties
(b) Selling subscriptions
(c) Selling advertising
(d) Editorial duties
3. What does Carlos' family call him?
4. At what age does Carlos leave home?
5. How do Carlos and Luciano earn money to open a small store?
(a) They capture and sell parrots
(b) They babysit children from the village
(c) They fix equipment and machinery
(d) They bar-b-que birds and sell them
6. What type of party does Carlos go to with Macario?
7. Why does Carlos begin drinking and roaming around the West Coast?
(a) Trying to find his love, Dora
(b) Upset by Marian's death
(c) Hiding out from contractor thugs
(d) Trying to find Jose and Miller
8. On what does the family spend all of its money?
(a) Macario's school expenses
(b) New animals to help on the farm
(c) Buying new hectares of land
(d) Food, clothes and health checkups
9. Who cares for Carlos' father in his illness?
(a) His mother
(c) Francisca, the six-year-old
(d) His brothers
10. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) Philippine Army
(b) Future Farmers Coalition
(c) US Army
(d) International Cub Scouts
11. Which of the following terms means lending of money at an extremely high interest rate?
12. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
(a) They are forced to cancel it
(b) They lose their building
(c) Armed men come and shoot and arrest people
(d) They are all killed
13. At what grade level does Amado's education end?
14. Where is Carlos told to go to look for his brother?
(a) Dance hall
(b) Gambling hall
(c) Pool room
15. Which of the following is the best definition for the term barrio?
(a) A slum and very poor neighborhood
(b) A very wealthy area of a town
(c) A Spanish-speaking area of a town
(d) A regular neighborhood
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disease does Marian die?
2. Who tells Carlos to head to Stockton?
3. What kind of job does Macario find?
4. With whom is Nick running a literary magazine in Los Angeles?
5. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)