Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marian want Carlos to do?
(a) Go to school
(b) Start a union
(c) Take care of her
(d) Take care of Ganzo
2. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
(c) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
3. What happens when the strikers try to prevent the transport of the produce?
(a) They are beaten and arrested by the police
(b) They are run over by vehicles
(c) They are shot and killed by farmers
(d) The strike is broken
4. What happens when the Filipino workers strike?
(a) Mexican workers are brought in
(b) Filipino interest and their workers' association grows stronger
(c) People are killed
(d) Farmers go bankrupt
5. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
(a) Taking care of his siblings
(c) Caring for his ill father
(d) Selling beans
6. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
7. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
(a) They are robbed of all of their hard earned money
(b) The rising river sweeps away all their beans.
(c) They are attacked by a band of thieves
(d) They lose their way and become lost in the countryside
8. Who returns to the family and helps make the next loan payment?
9. What job must Carlos father take on after he realizes he has no land?
(d) Day laborer
10. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) Philippine Army
(b) Future Farmers Coalition
(c) US Army
(d) International Cub Scouts
11. What type of party does Carlos go to with Macario?
12. Where does Carlos end up after he gets on the second train with the girl?
13. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
(b) Pet store
(d) Doctor's office
14. What does the younger generation in the Philippines want?
(a) More rights for farmers
(b) Change and national independence
(c) Social equality among all classes
(d) More land to farm
15. Where is Carlos told to go to look for his brother?
(a) Dance hall
(b) Pool room
(c) Gambling hall
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Carlos leave home?
2. Where is Carlos trying to sleep when he is confronted by the police?
3. How old is Carlos when his brother leaves to fight in the war?
4. What happens to all of the family's animals and land?
5. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)