Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
(a) Ill with meningitis
(b) In search of friends
3. Which character has his feet severed by a train?
4. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
5. Of what nationality is the woman who owns the restaurant where Carlos hangs out?
6. What do five white men do to Jose and Carlos?
(a) Kill them
(b) Bribe them
(c) Take them away to Mexico
(d) Kidnap them
7. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) International Cub Scouts
(b) US Army
(c) Philippine Army
(d) Future Farmers Coalition
8. What does Carlos do with all of his money?
(a) Opens a restaurant
(b) Opens a bakery
(c) Gives it to Amado
(d) Loses it gambling
9. Which of the following characters keeps a roof over everyone's head by selling tickets at a dance hall?
10. Who cares for Carlos' father in his illness?
(b) His mother
(c) His brothers
(d) Francisca, the six-year-old
11. What does Marian want Carlos to do?
(a) Go to school
(b) Take care of Ganzo
(c) Take care of her
(d) Start a union
12. From what disease does Marian die?
13. What does Macario think the family should sell so that he can finish his last three months of school?
(a) Any food they grow
(b) All of the animals they own
(c) All the land they have left or the house
(d) The church land
14. How does Carlos learn how to get around on the trains?
(a) Listening to passengers
(b) Watching hobos
(c) Hanging on to rods on the trains
(d) Following the lead of his brother
15. What happens during the meeting the Filipino Workers' Association holds outside of the town limits?
(a) Armed men come and shoot and arrest people
(b) They lose their building
(c) They are forced to cancel it
(d) They are all killed
Short Answer Questions
1. What work do Amado and his friend Alfredo do?
2. How does Carlos' cousin show him how to meet girls?
3. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
4. Which of the following words best describes how Carlos feels about the middle class?
5. What crop does Carlos help harvest at the end of cauliflower season?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)