|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carlos have to stay home during the rainy season?
(a) His legs swell
(b) Schools are closed during the rainy season
(c) He must take care of the children
(d) His father must find work to make the loan payment
2. What is the name of the organization they develop out of the meeting?
(a) Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(b) Coalition for Protecting West Coast Filipinos
(c) Committee for Protection of Filipino Rights
(d) West Coast Filipinos
3. With whom do Carlos and Jose want to call a meeting?
(a) The striking workers in Stockton
(b) All of their family and friends
(c) Employers of Filipinos
(d) Filipino labor leaders
4. Where does Carlos find Jose?
(a) San Francisco
(c) New Mexico
(d) Los Angeles
5. To whom does Ann Dozier direct Jose and Carlos?
(a) Public library
(b) A Filipino communist
(c) Poetry club
(d) Labor union
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
2. How does Carlos' cousin show him how to meet girls?
3. How does Carlos learn of the death of his father?
4. Which of the following does not accurately describe Marian's life?
5. Who tells Carlos to head to Stockton?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)