|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carlos know that a revolt is about to begin?
(a) His little sisters tell him
(b) He sees the police lining up in the fields
(c) His mother tells him
(d) Felix tells him
2. Why do the people Carlos lives with decide to find a new place?
(a) There are cheaper places with no stairs
(b) Macario has lost his job again
(c) Carlos has a stiff leg
(d) There is too much discrimination in their current place
3. What does Macario tell Carlos?
(a) He will always take care of him
(b) Carlos is not really his brother
(c) He does not care for Carlos
(d) He is leaving for Spain
4. Who tells Carlos to head to Stockton?
(b) The Chinese
(c) The girl who was assaulted
5. Where is Carlos trying to sleep when he is confronted by the police?
(a) Bus station
(c) Homeless shelter
(d) Hotel in Seattle
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the strikers try to prevent the transport of the produce?
2. What does the boy from a different ward ask Carlos to do for him?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of how Carlos feels on the journey to America?
4. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
5. Which of the following are a part of Carlos' duties at the newspaper after Pascual gets sick?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)