|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 25 | Part 3, Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms means lending of money at an extremely high interest rate?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term barrio?
(a) A slum and very poor neighborhood
(b) A very wealthy area of a town
(c) A regular neighborhood
(d) A Spanish-speaking area of a town
3. What does Carlos do with all of his money?
(a) Opens a bakery
(b) Opens a restaurant
(c) Gives it to Amado
(d) Loses it gambling
4. Which character gets a girl in trouble and has to leave town?
5. What does Juan Cablaan give Carlos?
(b) Ticket to America
Short Answer Questions
1. What develops in Carlos as a direct result of his family losing its land?
2. What does Carlos steal in order to buy food when he returns to Seattle?
3. Which of the following are a part of Carlos' duties at the newspaper after Pascual gets sick?
4. Where does Lucille move the newspaper after Pascual dies?
5. How does Carlos learn of the death of his father?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)