|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 13 | Part 2, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
(a) Selling beans
(b) Caring for his ill father
(d) Taking care of his siblings
2. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) Future Farmers Coalition
(b) Philippine Army
(c) US Army
(d) International Cub Scouts
3. How does Carlos feel about returning to the city of his birth and the old family home?
(a) Unhappy with the death of his brother
(b) Happy he returns there
(c) Regretful he returns there
(d) Surprised by the developments in the city
4. What does the younger generation in the Philippines want?
(a) Change and national independence
(b) Social equality among all classes
(c) More rights for farmers
(d) More land to farm
5. How do Carlos and Luciano earn money to open a small store?
(a) They fix equipment and machinery
(b) They bar-b-que birds and sell them
(c) They babysit children from the village
(d) They capture and sell parrots
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Carlos leave home?
2. What develops in Carlos as a direct result of his family losing its land?
3. Why do Julio and Carlos flee the orchard?
4. Why does Macario not want to marry the girl who has moved in with him?
5. Where does Carlos' ship dock in America?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)