|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 | Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditionally happens when a new presidente (mayor) is elected in a city?
(a) The new mayor interviews all old employees and keeps only those that he likes
(b) All old employees are killed
(c) All old employees are fired
(d) They are forced to leave their country and go to America
2. What does the younger generation in the Philippines want?
(a) More land to farm
(b) More rights for farmers
(c) Social equality among all classes
(d) Change and national independence
3. How old is Carlos when his brother leaves to fight in the war?
4. Why does Macario not want to marry the girl who has moved in with him?
(a) He does not know her
(b) He is still helping to repay his family's debt for his education
(c) She made him lose his job
(d) He does not love her
5. What does Macario think the family should sell so that he can finish his last three months of school?
(a) All of the animals they own
(b) All the land they have left or the house
(c) Any food they grow
(d) The church land
Short Answer Questions
1. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
2. Where does Miss Strandon arrange for Carlos to have a job?
3. Which of the following terms means lending of money at an extremely high interest rate?
4. What happens to Carlos and his mother on the way home from Puxzzorobio?
5. What does Carlos find his mother doing when he finally finds her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)