|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 17 | Part 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macario think the family should sell so that he can finish his last three months of school?
(a) Any food they grow
(b) All the land they have left or the house
(c) The church land
(d) All of the animals they own
2. Which of the following terms means lending of money at an extremely high interest rate?
3. How does Carlos' cousin show him how to meet girls?
(a) Call over to them
(b) Dance with them
(c) Avoid all eye contact with them
(d) Walk up and stand in front of them
4. Which of the following characters keeps a roof over everyone's head by selling tickets at a dance hall?
5. What happens to all of the family's animals and land?
(a) They are lost
(b) They die from disease
(c) They are taken away during the revolt
(d) They are sold off to pay for Carlos's school
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cares for Carlos' father in his illness?
2. How much money does Carlos earn from his time at the cannery?
3. What work does Carlos get in Moxee City?
4. On what does the family spend all of its money?
5. What type of party does Carlos go to with Macario?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)