1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term barrio?
(a) A very wealthy area of a town
(b) A Spanish-speaking area of a town
(c) A regular neighborhood
(d) A slum and very poor neighborhood
2. How old is Carlos when his brother leaves to fight in the war?
3. What does the younger generation in the Philippines want?
(a) Change and national independence
(b) More land to farm
(c) More rights for farmers
(d) Social equality among all classes
4. What does Carlos' family call him?
5. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) International Cub Scouts
(b) Philippine Army
(c) US Army
(d) Future Farmers Coalition
6. At what grade level does Amado's education end?
7. On what does the family spend all of its money?
(a) New animals to help on the farm
(b) Buying new hectares of land
(c) Macario's school expenses
(d) Food, clothes and health checkups
This section contains 3,913 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)