Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term barrio?
(a) A regular neighborhood
(b) A slum and very poor neighborhood
(c) A Spanish-speaking area of a town
(d) A very wealthy area of a town
2. How old is Carlos when his brother leaves to fight in the war?
3. What does the younger generation in the Philippines want?
(a) Social equality among all classes
(b) More land to farm
(c) Change and national independence
(d) More rights for farmers
4. What does Carlos' family call him?
5. To what organization does the Philippine Scouts belong?
(a) Future Farmers Coalition
(b) Philippine Army
(c) International Cub Scouts
(d) US Army
6. At what grade level does Amado's education end?
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
7. On what does the family spend all of its money?
(a) Food, clothes and health checkups
(b) New animals to help on the farm
(c) Macario's school expenses
(d) Buying new hectares of land
This section contains 3,913 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)