|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
2. What is on the record album that David is playing?
3. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
4. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
5. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David is presented with a choice, to be religious and work in the church like his mother, or to play music and be sinful like his father. Are these David's only choices in life? Sum up David's dilemma in your own words and explain what you think he should do.
Essay Topic 2
Luke's bedroom is dark throughout the play, except for the one time that Luke asks his son to lift the shade. Even before Luke arrives, the beginning narrative of Act I states that Luke's bedroom is "a small, dark room." Are the light and dark symbolic?
Essay Topic 3
Much is made about David following in his father's footsteps as they both want music as their career. Do you think that David will end up like his father? Why or why not? Support your answers.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)