|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
2. Who says, "he dying in his sins" during Act II?
3. In Act II, how much did Brother Boxer say that it cost him to go to Philadelphia?
4. Who says, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
5. In Act II, when does David say that he stopped believing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much is made about David following in his father's footsteps as they both want music as their career. Do you think that David will end up like his father? Why or why not? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
In Act II, Luke tells his son that music is just a moment. Discuss what is most important in life, according to Luke.
Essay Topic 3
David is presented with a choice, to be religious and work in the church like his mother, or to play music and be sinful like his father. Are these David's only choices in life? Sum up David's dilemma in your own words and explain what you think he should do.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)