|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Margaret to the others in Act II?
2. Who says, "The whole world just get to be a great big empty basin"?
3. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
4. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
5. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first act, Margaret preaches on "Set thine house in order, for thou shalt die and not live." Discuss how her sermon foreshadows what is to come.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the play is a church and home that join together. Why do you think the author did this? Was it just to make the scene setting easier as the action shifts from home to play or perhaps did Baldwin mean something more? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Act III, Margaret mentions carrying slops and scrubbing floors in asking "is that what I been slaving for all these long, hard years." Discuss the role of poverty in "The Amen Corner."
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)