|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
2. In Act II, when does David say that he stopped believing?
3. In Act II, who says that it's the man who's supposed to lead, not the woman?
4. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
5. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first act, Margaret preaches on "Set thine house in order, for thou shalt die and not live." Discuss how her sermon foreshadows what is to come.
Essay Topic 2
Margaret makes a big deal that people can't be truly holy if their minds on other things like reading comics or driving liquor trucks as part of their job. What else in "The Amen Corner" is showed as something that keeps people from being holy?
Essay Topic 3
In speaking to Ida Jackson in the first act, Margaret says, "Maybe the Lord wants you to leave that man." Why do you think Margaret says this? Is she comparing Ida Jackson's situation to her own? Do you think Margaret is suggesting that God is making the baby sick to send a message? Explain your answer.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)