|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret plan for David to do with his life?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Become a pastor.
(c) Become anything but a musician.
(d) Become a doctor.
2. What did Odessa do to buy the household item in question?
(a) Cooked for people.
(b) Scrubbed white folks' floors.
(c) Took care of other peoples' children.
(d) Secretarial work.
3. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(b) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(c) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(d) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
4. Who cries in Act II?
5. Who asks if drums and trumpets in church isn't worldly?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Rice.
(c) Sister Douglass.
(d) Sister Sally.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, how much did Brother Boxer say that it cost him to go to Philadelphia?
2. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
3. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
4. What sound interrupts the argument in the church during Act II?
5. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)