|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
(a) Ida Jackson.
(b) Sister Sally.
(c) Sister Rice.
(d) Sister Douglass.
2. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
3. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David thought his father was dead.
(b) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(c) David thought his father was in jail.
(d) David didn't know his father was a musician.
4. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(b) Brother Stanley.
(d) A Philadelphia church member.
5. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would play music together.
(b) That Luke would have grandchildren.
(c) That they would travel together.
(d) That they would live together again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
2. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
3. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
4. What is on the record album that David is playing?
5. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)