|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
(c) Brother Boxer.
2. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(b) Ida Jackson.
3. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
(a) To prepare her sermon.
(b) To pray for Luke.
(c) To see an upset parishioner.
(d) To attend a business meeting.
4. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(a) Ida Jackson.
5. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) Luke playing trombone.
(c) Luke playing trumpet.
(d) David playing piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
2. What did Odessa do to buy the household item in question?
3. How much was the offering for the pastor's trip to Philadelphia?
4. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
5. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)