|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
(a) Why the pastor hadn't visited a sick parishoner.
(b) Why they had to pay so much for a window.
(c) Why David hasn't been in church.
(d) Why they can't move to a better building.
2. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
3. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Boxer.
4. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(b) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(c) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(d) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
5. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David thought his father was in jail.
(b) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(c) David didn't know his father was a musician.
(d) David thought his father was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
2. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
3. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
4. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
5. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)