|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) David playing piano.
(b) Luke playing trumpet.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) Luke playing trombone.
2. Who says, "he dying in his sins" during Act II?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(d) Ida Jackson.
4. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
(a) Rode the bus.
(b) Flew in an airplane.
(c) Received a ride from someone.
(d) Rode the train.
5. When Margaret returns from her trip in Act II, where does she go first?
(a) Looking for David.
(b) To check on Luke.
(c) To get a drink from the refrigerator.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mentions a "heart black with sorrow" in Act II?
2. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
3. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
4. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
5. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)