|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he'll never make money.
(b) That he'll end up like his father.
(c) That he won't have family.
(d) That he won't be good enough.
2. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
3. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(c) Ida Jackson.
4. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Rice.
(d) Sister Boxer.
5. Who mentions David leaving home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Brother Boxer insinuates that the congregation paid for what household item?
2. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
3. Who leaves to look for David in Act II?
4. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
5. In Act II Sister Boxer and Margaret argue about the difference between having trumpets and drums in church and what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)