Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(d) Sister Moore.
2. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(b) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(c) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(d) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
4. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
2. What are the two collection plates made of?
3. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
5. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret demand that David turn off the music on the phonograph in Act II?
2. In Act II, Sister Moore reports that people are coming to the church because they want an accounting from the church elders. What is she referring to?
3. Why does Margaret want to take David with her to Philadelphia?
4. What is a "shout" song mentioned in "The Amen Corner"?
5. Describe what Margaret sees when she first enters the church in Act III.
6. Why does Odessa lecture people in the church about the costs of operating a church in Act II?
7. In Act II, what does David remember about the time right before he became separated from his father?
8. Why is Ida Jackson distraught at the beginning of Act III?
9. Margaret makes all kinds of excuses as to why David might have drank liquor, including friends making fun of him, a girl, or his father. What was David's reason?
10. What does Act II tell you about Sister Sally?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)