|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
(a) Sister Price.
(b) Sister Jackson.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister David.
2. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Going out.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Washing cocktail glasses.
(d) Reading the funny papers.
3. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
4. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) A unit set.
(b) A moveable set.
(c) A box set.
(d) Changing sets.
5. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) The pastor's mother.
(b) Elder Thomas.
(c) Sister Baker.
(d) Mother Phillips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
2. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
3. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
4. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
5. How old is David?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention in the first scene, a young woman named Ida Jackson comes up. What does Ida Jackson want?
2. When Act III begins, what have Brother and Sister Boxer and Sister Moore been doing since Odessa last saw them?
3. In Act II, what does the doctor not want Luke doing?
4. How does Margaret respond after Luke dies?
5. What are the three women talking about at the beginning of the second act?
6. Why doesn't David want to go to Philadelphia?
7. Margaret makes all kinds of excuses as to why David might have drank liquor, including friends making fun of him, a girl, or his father. What was David's reason?
8. What happens before Luke dies in Act III?
9. Margaret refuses to cancel her trip to Philadelphia even when it's obvious that Luke is ill. What is her reasoning?
10. In Act II, Sister Moore reports that people are coming to the church because they want an accounting from the church elders. What is she referring to?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)