|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
2. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
(b) Iced Tea.
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(b) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(c) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(d) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
4. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Jazz club.
(b) Driving a bus.
(c) Blues club.
(d) At another church.
5. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(a) TB (tuberculosis).
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
2. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
3. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
4. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
5. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention in the first scene, a young woman named Ida Jackson comes up. What does Ida Jackson want?
2. Describe the scene as Act II opens.
3. What are the three women talking about at the beginning of the second act?
4. Why does Odessa refer to Sister Moore as "poor Sister Moore" in Act III?
5. What unholy things does Margaret preach against in Act I, and why are they unholy?
6. Why is Odessa so upset with the other church members in Act III?
7. Describe the church in "The Amen Corner."
8. Margaret speaks of an old blind woman from her childhood in Act III. The woman used to greet everyone with "How you this Lord's-day morning" no matter what the day. Who is Margaret comparing the old blind woman to and why?
9. Why does Margaret say "God don't like liars" in Act I?
10. In Act III, why is Brother Boxer disgusted with Margaret?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)