|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The church.
(c) An office building.
(d) The streent.
2. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(b) Ida Jackson.
(c) Luke Alexander.
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Washington.
(b) Brother Alexander.
(c) Elder Smith.
(d) Elder King.
4. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(b) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(c) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(d) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
5. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Jazz club.
(b) Blues club.
(c) Driving a bus.
(d) At another church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
2. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
3. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
4. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
5. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gossip concerning David does Brother Boxer share with his wife and Sister Moore in Act I?
2. Describe the opening of Act III.
3. In Act I, what do we know about Ida Jackson's husband, who isn't with her?
4. According to Margaret in Act III, what does "amen" mean? Why is it significant?
5. In Act I, we learn that Margaret will be leaving after the service to visit a sister church in Philadelphia. What is the purpose of her trip.
6. Why does Odessa lecture people in the church about the costs of operating a church in Act II?
7. Describe the Alexander home in the play.
8. When Act III begins, what have Brother and Sister Boxer and Sister Moore been doing since Odessa last saw them?
9. Why does Margaret say "God don't like liars" in Act I?
10. What does Act II tell you about Sister Sally?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)