|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(b) TB (tuberculosis).
2. How old is David?
3. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The church.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) A street scene.
(d) The scrim wall of the tenement.
4. Approximately how much suggested time takes place during Act I?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A few days.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) Less couple of hours.
5. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The church.
(d) A bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
2. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
3. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
4. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
5. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act II, what is Margaret's position about music in the church?
2. Why is Ida Jackson distraught at the beginning of Act III?
3. What unholy things does Margaret preach against in Act I, and why are they unholy?
4. In Act I, what is the story from Margaret's sermon?
5. What happens before Luke dies in Act III?
6. What do we know about Mrs. Jackson's baby by Act III?
7. What jazz musicians does David compare his father to after confessing to listening to his records in Act II?
8. What is Odessa referring to when she tells Margaret that everything will be like a bad dream. What else might she be referring to?
9. In Act I, we learn that Margaret will be leaving after the service to visit a sister church in Philadelphia. What is the purpose of her trip.
10. Describe Sister Douglass from Act II.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)