|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Alexander.
(b) Elder King.
(c) Elder Smith.
(d) Brother Washington.
2. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(b) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(c) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(d) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
4. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
5. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
2. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
3. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
4. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
5. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Brother Boxer see David early in Act II? What was David doing?
2. What unholy things does Margaret preach against in Act I, and why are they unholy?
3. Describe Sister Douglass from Act II.
4. Describe the Alexander home in the play.
5. Why is Ida Jackson distraught at the beginning of Act III?
6. What does Sister Sally have to say in Act II about traveling to Philadelphia?
7. What is a "shout" song mentioned in "The Amen Corner"?
8. In Act III, why is Brother Boxer disgusted with Margaret?
9. What does Act II tell you about Sister Sally?
10. Why does Margaret want to take David with her to Philadelphia?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)