|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
2. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) " don't know."
(b) David remains silent.
(c) "Good pastor."
3. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
4. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
(a) A bible and piano music.
(b) Hymn books and tambourines.
(c) A trumpet and hymn books.
(d) Nothing sits on top of the piano in the first act.
5. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
2. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
3. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
4. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
5. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Act III begins, what have Brother and Sister Boxer and Sister Moore been doing since Odessa last saw them?
2. How did Luke find Margaret in Act I?
3. What unholy things does Margaret preach against in Act I, and why are they unholy?
4. In Act II, Luke insists that he heard David playing piano one day during the week. How did he know?
5. Why does Odessa refer to Sister Moore as "poor Sister Moore" in Act III?
6. What is David's fear of staying with his mother in Act III?
7. Odessa tries to convince Margaret to return to church in Act III and win back her congregation, but Margaret says she can't. Why?
8. In Act I, what is the story from Margaret's sermon?
9. In Act III, what does Margaret mean when she tells David that she's seen young men like him become the lowest of the low?
10. David explains why he started playing piano in Act II. What was his explanation?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)