|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) Home and church.
(b) Living room and bedroom.
(c) A church and outside a church.
(d) Inside and outside of a house.
2. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
(c) Iced Tea.
3. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) A moveable set.
(b) Changing sets.
(c) A box set.
(d) A unit set.
4. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(c) Brother James.
(d) Brother Boxer.
5. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
2. What are the two collection plates made of?
3. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
4. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
5. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Alexander home in the play.
2. What does Sister Sally have to say in Act II about traveling to Philadelphia?
3. In Act II, Sister Moore reports that people are coming to the church because they want an accounting from the church elders. What is she referring to?
4. What is the sacrifice offering in Act I for?
5. In Act II, what does Brother Boxer say about what it cost him to go to Philadelphia when his wife was out of town?
6. Describe the opening of Act III.
7. Margaret compares the story of King Hezekiah's story to a possible situation of the congregation. What situation does she compare the biblical story to?
8. In Act II, Luke insists that he heard David playing piano one day during the week. How did he know?
9. What unholy things does Margaret preach against in Act I, and why are they unholy?
10. Why doesn't David want to go to Philadelphia?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)