|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
2. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
3. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Brother Boxer.
4. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
5. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Two dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
2. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
3. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
4. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs are in Act I that Luke is sick?
2. Describe what Margaret sees when she first enters the church in Act III.
3. Why doesn't David want to go to Philadelphia?
4. Why do Sister Boxer and Sister Moore come to church early in Act III?
5. Why is Odessa so upset with the other church members in Act III?
6. In Act I, what is the story from Margaret's sermon?
7. When Act III begins, what have Brother and Sister Boxer and Sister Moore been doing since Odessa last saw them?
8. Describe what you know about Sister Rice from Act II?
9. Explain the layout of Sister Margaret Alexander's home and the church and their relationship to each other in this play. Be sure to define any theatrical terms.
10. How does David look when he first appears in Act II?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)