|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The church.
(d) The living room.
2. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
(a) Piano playing.
(b) A phone ringing.
3. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) The church.
(b) The apartment.
(c) The streent.
(d) An office building.
4. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Blues club.
(b) At another church.
(c) Jazz club.
(d) Driving a bus.
5. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) " don't know."
(c) David remains silent.
(d) "Good pastor."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. When does the first act take place?
3. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
4. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
5. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret say "God don't like liars" in Act I?
2. When Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention in the first scene, a young woman named Ida Jackson comes up. What does Ida Jackson want?
3. Describe the Alexander home in the play.
4. Why do Sister Boxer and Sister Moore come to church early in Act III?
5. What advice does Luke give David about being a musician in Act II?
6. What is Odessa referring to when she tells Margaret that everything will be like a bad dream. What else might she be referring to?
7. Describe the scene as Act II opens.
8. What is David's fear of staying with his mother in Act III?
9. Why is Ida Jackson distraught at the beginning of Act III?
10. How did Luke find Margaret in Act I?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)