|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) Both are made of brass.
(b) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
(c) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(d) Both are made of straw.
2. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) Changing sets.
(b) A moveable set.
(c) A unit set.
(d) A box set.
3. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
4. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) An office building.
(b) The apartment.
(c) The streent.
(d) The church.
5. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
(a) David and Luke.
(b) Margaret and David.
(c) Brother and Sister Boxer.
(d) Sisters Boxer and Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
2. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
3. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
4. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
5. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act I, we learn that Margaret will be leaving after the service to visit a sister church in Philadelphia. What is the purpose of her trip.
2. When Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention in the first scene, a young woman named Ida Jackson comes up. What does Ida Jackson want?
3. David explains why he started playing piano in Act II. What was his explanation?
4. In Act I, what do we know about Ida Jackson's husband, who isn't with her?
5. Why doesn't David want to go to Philadelphia?
6. In Act II, Sister Moore reports that people are coming to the church because they want an accounting from the church elders. What is she referring to?
7. Describe the church in "The Amen Corner."
8. Why is Odessa so upset with the other church members in Act III?
9. In Act II, what does the doctor not want Luke doing?
10. What is the sacrifice offering in Act I for?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)