|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Boxer.
2. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(b) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(c) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(d) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
4. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
5. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
(a) Luke walks in the apartment.
(b) Everyone's head is bowed while they pray.
(c) Everyone has left the apartment.
(d) The first act has ended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
2. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
3. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
5. When does the first act take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Act II tell you about Sister Sally?
2. Why does Margaret want to take David with her to Philadelphia?
3. Describe what you know about Sister Rice from Act II?
4. Describe what Margaret sees when she first enters the church in Act III.
5. What is Odessa referring to when she tells Margaret that everything will be like a bad dream. What else might she be referring to?
6. What are the three women talking about at the beginning of the second act?
7. How does Margaret respond after Luke dies?
8. Margaret refuses to cancel her trip to Philadelphia even when it's obvious that Luke is ill. What is her reasoning?
9. In Act II, what does the doctor not want Luke doing?
10. When Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention in the first scene, a young woman named Ida Jackson comes up. What does Ida Jackson want?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)