|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is David?
2. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) Changing sets.
(b) A unit set.
(c) A moveable set.
(d) A box set.
3. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Driving a bus.
(b) Blues club.
(c) At another church.
(d) Jazz club.
4. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Margaret starts crying.
(b) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
(c) David asks him not to go.
(d) Luke falls against the table.
5. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
2. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
3. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
4. What are the two collection plates made of?
5. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act II, Luke insists that he heard David playing piano one day during the week. How did he know?
2. What jazz musicians does David compare his father to after confessing to listening to his records in Act II?
3. Describe David as he enters the apartment in Act III.
4. Describe the opening of Act III.
5. How does Margaret respond after Luke dies?
6. What are the three women talking about at the beginning of the second act?
7. What do we know about Mrs. Jackson's baby by Act III?
8. In Act III, what does Margaret mean when she tells David that she's seen young men like him become the lowest of the low?
9. How does David look when he first appears in Act II?
10. In Act II, what does Brother Boxer say about what it cost him to go to Philadelphia when his wife was out of town?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)