|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(c) Ida Jackson.
2. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(b) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(c) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(d) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
3. Who mentions David leaving home?
4. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
(d) Brother Boxer.
5. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
(b) Sister Moore.
6. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After she kicked him out of the house.
(b) After her wedding to Luke.
(c) After David was born.
(d) After having a stillborn child.
7. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
(a) 145th Street.
(b) Next to Central Park.
(c) 63rd Avenue.
(d) 51st Street.
8. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
9. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
(a) Enjoying life.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Not going to church.
(d) Being in love.
10. Who defends Margaret to the others in Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
11. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
(a) 125th Street.
(b) Wall Street.
(d) 51st Street.
12. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would play music together.
(b) That Luke would have grandchildren.
(c) That they would live together again.
(d) That they would travel together.
13. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(a) Ida Jackson.
14. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(b) David didn't know his father was a musician.
(c) David thought his father was dead.
(d) David thought his father was in jail.
15. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
(a) Received a ride from someone.
(b) Rode the bus.
(c) Flew in an airplane.
(d) Rode the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
2. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
3. Three women are in the kitchen when Act II begins. Who else is in the scene?
4. What is on the record album that David is playing?
5. When Margaret returns from her trip in Act II, where does she go first?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)