|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After her wedding to Luke.
(b) After David was born.
(c) After she kicked him out of the house.
(d) After having a stillborn child.
2. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David didn't know his father was a musician.
(b) David thought his father was in jail.
(c) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(d) David thought his father was dead.
3. Three women are in the kitchen when Act II begins. Who else is in the scene?
(c) Brother Boxer.
4. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(d) Ida Jackson.
5. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
(a) 63rd Avenue.
(b) 51st Street.
(c) Next to Central Park.
(d) 145th Street.
6. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
7. In Act II, what does Luke call the baby the he and his wife lost?
8. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(a) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
9. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) At school.
(b) In church.
(c) On the street.
(d) In bars.
10. Who mentions David leaving home?
11. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(b) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(c) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(d) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
12. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(a) Brother Stanley.
(c) A Philadelphia church member.
13. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
(a) David as a child.
(b) David as an adult.
(c) The new Margaret.
(d) The old Margaret.
14. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Two years old.
15. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
(c) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries in Act II?
2. In Act II, when does David say that he stopped believing?
3. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
4. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
5. Who defends Margaret to the others in Act II?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)