|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Brother Boxer insinuates that the congregation paid for what household item?
(a) New furniture.
(c) Frigidaire refrigerator.
(d) A washing machine.
2. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Five years old.
3. In Act II, who says that it's the man who's supposed to lead, not the woman?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
4. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
(a) Why David hasn't been in church.
(b) Why they had to pay so much for a window.
(c) Why they can't move to a better building.
(d) Why the pastor hadn't visited a sick parishoner.
5. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Ten years old.
6. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) Luke playing trumpet.
(c) Luke playing trombone.
(d) David playing piano.
7. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(b) David thought his father was dead.
(c) David didn't know his father was a musician.
(d) David thought his father was in jail.
8. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
(a) In jail.
(b) Drunk and at her bedside.
(c) On the road.
(d) In a nightclub.
9. Who cries in Act II?
10. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) On the street.
(b) At school.
(c) In church.
(d) In bars.
11. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
(d) A thief.
12. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
13. In Act II, what does Luke call the baby the he and his wife lost?
14. What did Odessa do to buy the household item in question?
(a) Took care of other peoples' children.
(b) Secretarial work.
(c) Scrubbed white folks' floors.
(d) Cooked for people.
15. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
(a) 51st Street.
(b) 145th Street.
(c) Next to Central Park.
(d) 63rd Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
2. What sound interrupts the argument in the church during Act II?
3. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
4. In Act II, how much did Brother Boxer say that it cost him to go to Philadelphia?
5. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)