|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Brother Boxer insinuates that the congregation paid for what household item?
(a) Frigidaire refrigerator.
(b) New furniture.
(c) A washing machine.
2. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
3. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
(a) Why they can't move to a better building.
(b) Why David hasn't been in church.
(c) Why they had to pay so much for a window.
(d) Why the pastor hadn't visited a sick parishoner.
4. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Going out with men.
(d) Stealing money from the congregation.
5. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he won't be good enough.
(b) That he'll never make money.
(c) That he'll end up like his father.
(d) That he won't have family.
6. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(d) Ida Jackson.
7. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would play music together.
(b) That they would live together again.
(c) That they would travel together.
(d) That Luke would have grandchildren.
8. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
(a) In jail.
(b) Drunk and at her bedside.
(c) In a nightclub.
(d) On the road.
9. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(d) Ida Jackson.
10. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After David was born.
(b) After having a stillborn child.
(c) After she kicked him out of the house.
(d) After her wedding to Luke.
11. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late evening.
(d) Late afternoon.
12. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
13. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
(a) Luke leading David away from the Word.
(b) Sinning by playing music.
(c) David leading Luke away from the Word.
(d) Sinning by not going to church.
14. Who says, "he dying in his sins" during Act II?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Brother Boxer.
15. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Eight years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, who says that it's the man who's supposed to lead, not the woman?
2. Who mentions a "heart black with sorrow" in Act II?
3. What is the first thing that Margaret says in Act II?
4. Who leaves to look for David in Act II?
5. In Act II, what does Luke call the baby the he and his wife lost?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)