|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(d) Late evening.
2. In Act II, we learn that it cost how much to get a specific window painted?
3. Three women are in the kitchen when Act II begins. Who else is in the scene?
(a) Brother Boxer.
4. Who mentions David leaving home?
5. In Act II, how much did Brother Boxer say that it cost him to go to Philadelphia?
(a) Three or four dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) Forty dollars.
6. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) In church.
(b) In bars.
(c) At school.
(d) On the street.
7. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Two years old.
8. Who says, "The whole world just get to be a great big empty basin"?
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
9. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Douglass.
10. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would play music together.
(b) That they would live together again.
(c) That they would travel together.
(d) That Luke would have grandchildren.
11. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
(a) The old Margaret.
(b) The new Margaret.
(c) David as a child.
(d) David as an adult.
12. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
(a) Drunk and at her bedside.
(b) In a nightclub.
(c) In jail.
(d) On the road.
13. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
(a) Why they had to pay so much for a window.
(b) Why they can't move to a better building.
(c) Why David hasn't been in church.
(d) Why the pastor hadn't visited a sick parishoner.
14. Who asks if drums and trumpets in church isn't worldly?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Sally.
(c) Sister Rice.
(d) Sister Douglass.
15. Act II takes place how many days later than Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
2. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
3. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
4. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
5. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)