|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After having a stillborn child.
(b) After she kicked him out of the house.
(c) After David was born.
(d) After her wedding to Luke.
2. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
(a) To prepare her sermon.
(b) To see an upset parishioner.
(c) To pray for Luke.
(d) To attend a business meeting.
3. In Act II, we learn that it cost how much to get a specific window painted?
4. Who says, "The whole world just get to be a great big empty basin"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
5. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(b) Ida Jackson.
6. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Eight years old.
7. Act II takes place how many days later than Act I?
8. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Rice.
9. In Act II, who says that it's the man who's supposed to lead, not the woman?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
10. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would live together again.
(b) That Luke would have grandchildren.
(c) That they would play music together.
(d) That they would travel together.
11. Who asks if drums and trumpets in church isn't worldly?
(a) Sister Douglass.
(b) Sister Rice.
(c) Sister Sally.
(d) Sister Boxer.
12. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
(a) David leading Luke away from the Word.
(b) Sinning by not going to church.
(c) Luke leading David away from the Word.
(d) Sinning by playing music.
13. Who mentions a "heart black with sorrow" in Act II?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
14. Who cries in Act II?
15. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he'll never make money.
(b) That he won't have family.
(c) That he'll end up like his father.
(d) That he won't be good enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret plan for David to do with his life?
2. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
3. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
4. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
5. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)