|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) David playing piano.
(b) Luke playing trumpet.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) Luke playing trombone.
2. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Eight years old.
3. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
(a) The old Margaret.
(b) David as a child.
(c) The new Margaret.
(d) David as an adult.
4. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(a) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
5. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
(c) Brother Boxer.
6. Who says, "The whole world just get to be a great big empty basin"?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
7. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) In bars.
(b) At school.
(c) On the street.
(d) In church.
8. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
(a) Wall Street.
(b) 125th Street.
(d) 51st Street.
9. What does Margaret plan for David to do with his life?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a pastor.
(c) Become anything but a musician.
(d) Become a teacher.
10. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
11. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(a) Ida Jackson.
12. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
(a) Sister Douglass.
(c) Sister Moore.
13. How much was the offering for the pastor's trip to Philadelphia?
14. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Eight years old.
15. In Act II, Brother Boxer insinuates that the congregation paid for what household item?
(a) New furniture.
(c) Frigidaire refrigerator.
(d) A washing machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
2. Who mentions David leaving home?
3. What is the first thing that Margaret says in Act II?
4. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
5. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)