|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Sister Boxer and Margaret argue about the difference between having trumpets and drums in church and what?
(a) Pianos in nightclubs.
(b) Margaret leaving her husband.
(c) Brother Boxer driving a liquor truck so he can contribute more money.
(d) Using offering money to travel.
2. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
(a) Going out with men.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Stealing money from the congregation.
3. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
4. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) Gospel music.
(c) A new recording of David's.
(d) One of Luke's old records.
5. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Rice.
(d) Sister Boxer.
6. Act II takes place how many days later than Act I?
7. How much was the offering for the pastor's trip to Philadelphia?
8. In Act II, when does David say that he stopped believing?
(a) When some men approached him about playing music.
(b) When he turned 18.
(c) When he started lying to his mother.
(d) When he started going to music school.
9. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After she kicked him out of the house.
(b) After David was born.
(c) After her wedding to Luke.
(d) After having a stillborn child.
10. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
(a) Ida Jackson.
11. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
12. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
(c) Brother Boxer.
13. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
(a) 51st Street.
(b) 125th Street.
(d) Wall Street.
14. What does Luke remove from his pajama pocket in Act II?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A mouthpiece.
(d) A cigarette.
15. Three women are in the kitchen when Act II begins. Who else is in the scene?
(b) Brother Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
2. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
3. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
4. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
5. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)