|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
2. Who cries in Act II?
3. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) On the street.
(b) In bars.
(c) In church.
(d) At school.
4. Who says, "The whole world just get to be a great big empty basin"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Brother Boxer.
5. In Act II, we learn that it cost how much to get a specific window painted?
6. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
(a) Ida Jackson.
(b) Sister Douglass.
(c) Sister Rice.
(d) Sister Sally.
7. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
(a) A new recording of David's.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) One of Luke's old records.
(d) Gospel music.
8. What does Luke remove from his pajama pocket in Act II?
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A mouthpiece.
9. Who says, "he dying in his sins" during Act II?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
10. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would play music together.
(b) That Luke would have grandchildren.
(c) That they would travel together.
(d) That they would live together again.
11. In Act II, what does Luke call the baby the he and his wife lost?
12. What did Odessa do to buy the household item in question?
(a) Cooked for people.
(b) Scrubbed white folks' floors.
(c) Took care of other peoples' children.
(d) Secretarial work.
13. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
(a) Going out with men.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Stealing money from the congregation.
14. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
(a) Sinning by playing music.
(b) Sinning by not going to church.
(c) David leading Luke away from the Word.
(d) Luke leading David away from the Word.
15. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
2. Who says, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
3. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
4. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
5. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)