|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II Sister Boxer and Margaret argue about the difference between having trumpets and drums in church and what?
(a) Pianos in nightclubs.
(b) Margaret leaving her husband.
(c) Brother Boxer driving a liquor truck so he can contribute more money.
(d) Using offering money to travel.
2. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) Luke playing trombone.
(c) David playing piano.
(d) Luke playing trumpet.
3. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(b) Ida Jackson.
4. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he won't be good enough.
(b) That he'll never make money.
(c) That he won't have family.
(d) That he'll end up like his father.
5. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
(a) Late afternoon.
(c) Late evening.
(d) Early morning.
6. Who leaves to look for David in Act II?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Brother Boxer.
7. In Act II, when does David say that he stopped believing?
(a) When some men approached him about playing music.
(b) When he started lying to his mother.
(c) When he turned 18.
(d) When he started going to music school.
8. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
9. What does Luke remove from his pajama pocket in Act II?
(a) A mouthpiece.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A cigarette.
10. Who cries in Act II?
11. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David didn't know his father was a musician.
(b) David thought his father was in jail.
(c) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(d) David thought his father was dead.
12. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Rice.
(c) Sister Boxer.
13. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Being in love.
(c) Enjoying life.
(d) Not going to church.
14. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
(a) In jail.
(b) In a nightclub.
(c) Drunk and at her bedside.
(d) On the road.
15. When Margaret returns from her trip in Act II, where does she go first?
(a) To check on Luke.
(b) To get a drink from the refrigerator.
(c) Looking for David.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
2. What sound interrupts the argument in the church during Act II?
3. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
4. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
5. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)