|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Washing cocktail glasses.
(b) Going out.
(c) Reading the funny papers.
(d) Listening to music.
3. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "Get out."
(b) "What are you doing here?"
(c) "I'm so glad to see you."
4. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) A unit set.
(b) A box set.
(c) Changing sets.
(d) A moveable set.
5. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) "Good pastor."
(b) David remains silent.
(d) " don't know."
6. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(b) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(c) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(d) He has a cold starting.
7. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
8. How old is David?
9. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
10. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) For the rest of his life.
(d) A week.
11. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Saturday morning.
(b) A Sunday morning.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) We aren't told.
12. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke falls against the table.
(b) David asks him not to go.
(c) Margaret starts crying.
(d) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
13. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Brother Boxer.
14. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
15. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
2. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
3. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
4. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
5. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)