|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The church.
(c) The living room.
(d) The kitchen.
2. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
4. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(b) Sister Moore.
5. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
6. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
7. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
(a) Hymn books and tambourines.
(b) A bible and piano music.
(c) Nothing sits on top of the piano in the first act.
(d) A trumpet and hymn books.
8. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke falls against the table.
(b) David asks him not to go.
(c) Margaret starts crying.
(d) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
9. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
10. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
11. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
12. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
(a) The first act has ended.
(b) Everyone's head is bowed while they pray.
(c) Luke walks in the apartment.
(d) Everyone has left the apartment.
13. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Saturday morning.
(b) Saturday afternoon.
(c) We aren't told.
(d) A Sunday morning.
14. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
15. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A sick baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
2. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
3. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
4. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
5. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)