|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) Changing sets.
(b) A unit set.
(c) A moveable set.
(d) A box set.
2. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Brother Boxer.
3. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Sitting in front of the television.
(b) Not helping his wife with the house.
(c) Driving a liquor truck.
(d) Smoking and drinking.
4. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
5. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(c) TB (tuberculosis).
6. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
7. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
8. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
9. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
(b) A phone ringing.
(d) Piano playing.
10. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The church.
(d) A bedroom.
11. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(b) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(c) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(d) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
12. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) At another church.
(b) Jazz club.
(c) Blues club.
(d) Driving a bus.
13. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) Both are made of brass.
(b) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
(c) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(d) Both are made of straw.
14. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Margaret Alexander.
15. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
(a) David and Luke.
(b) Sisters Boxer and Moore.
(c) Brother and Sister Boxer.
(d) Margaret and David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
2. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
3. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
4. When does the first act take place?
5. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)