|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
2. How old is David?
3. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
4. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) A moveable set.
(b) Changing sets.
(c) A unit set.
(d) A box set.
5. When does the first act take place?
(a) We aren't told.
(b) A Saturday morning.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) A Sunday morning.
6. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(a) Brother James.
(c) Brother Boxer.
7. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) Home and church.
(b) A church and outside a church.
(c) Inside and outside of a house.
(d) Living room and bedroom.
8. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(b) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(c) He has a cold starting.
(d) He doesn't want to miss music school.
9. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
10. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) "Good pastor."
(c) " don't know."
(d) David remains silent.
11. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) The pastor's mother.
(b) Mother Phillips.
(c) Sister Baker.
(d) Elder Thomas.
12. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
(b) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(c) Both are made of brass.
(d) Both are made of straw.
13. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The church.
(d) A street scene.
14. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
15. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Smoking and drinking.
(b) Driving a liquor truck.
(c) Not helping his wife with the house.
(d) Sitting in front of the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
2. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
3. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
4. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
5. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)