|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) " don't know."
(b) "Good pastor."
(d) David remains silent.
2. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) A week.
(d) A couple of days.
3. How old is David?
4. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
5. Approximately how much suggested time takes place during Act I?
(a) A few days.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Less couple of hours.
6. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Brother Boxer.
7. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The church.
(b) A street scene.
(c) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(d) The kitchen.
8. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
9. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
10. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(b) He has a cold starting.
(c) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(d) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
11. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
(b) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
(c) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
(d) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
12. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "Get out."
(b) "I'm so glad to see you."
(d) "What are you doing here?"
13. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Sister Boxer.
14. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
15. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(b) Ida Jackson.
(c) Luke Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first act take place?
2. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
3. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
5. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)