Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(d) Sister Moore.
2. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(b) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(c) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(d) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
4. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
6. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) At another church.
(b) Blues club.
(c) Jazz club.
(d) Driving a bus.
7. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) Both are made of brass.
(b) Both are made of straw.
(c) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(d) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
8. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
(b) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
(c) "The Blues is Man."
(d) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
9. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The church.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
10. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) Home and church.
(b) A church and outside a church.
(c) Inside and outside of a house.
(d) Living room and bedroom.
11. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) Elder Thomas.
(b) Mother Phillips.
(c) The pastor's mother.
(d) Sister Baker.
12. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(d) Sister Moore.
13. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) A "shout" song.
(c) Folk music.
(d) Gospel music.
14. When does the first act take place?
(a) We aren't told.
(b) Saturday afternoon.
(c) A Saturday morning.
(d) A Sunday morning.
15. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
3. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
4. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
5. How old is David?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)