|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
(a) Everyone's head is bowed while they pray.
(b) The first act has ended.
(c) Everyone has left the apartment.
(d) Luke walks in the apartment.
2. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
3. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 12 years.
4. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
(b) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
(c) "The Blues is Man."
(d) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
5. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The church.
(b) A street scene.
(c) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(d) The kitchen.
6. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Margaret Alexander.
7. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
(b) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(c) Both are made of straw.
(d) Both are made of brass.
8. When does the first act take place?
(a) We aren't told.
(b) A Saturday morning.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) A Sunday morning.
9. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(b) "Good pastor."
(c) David remains silent.
(d) " don't know."
10. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) An office building.
(b) The apartment.
(c) The church.
(d) The streent.
11. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) Elder Thomas.
(b) Sister Baker.
(c) Mother Phillips.
(d) The pastor's mother.
12. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
13. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
14. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Reading the funny papers.
(b) Washing cocktail glasses.
(c) Going out.
(d) Listening to music.
15. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
2. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
3. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
5. How old is David?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)