|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) A church and outside a church.
(b) Living room and bedroom.
(c) Inside and outside of a house.
(d) Home and church.
2. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
3. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
4. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Margaret starts crying.
(b) Luke falls against the table.
(c) David asks him not to go.
(d) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
5. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
(d) Iced Tea.
6. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
7. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) A couple of weeks.
(d) A week.
8. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
9. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(b) He has a cold starting.
(c) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(d) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
10. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) "Good pastor."
(c) " don't know."
(d) David remains silent.
11. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
12. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
13. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) Folk music.
(c) Gospel music.
(d) A "shout" song.
14. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
15. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
2. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
3. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
4. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
5. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)