|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
(a) Piano playing.
(d) A phone ringing.
2. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
(d) Iced Tea.
3. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) At another church.
(b) Blues club.
(c) Driving a bus.
(d) Jazz club.
4. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
5. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
6. How old is David?
7. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
8. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The church.
(c) The living room.
(d) A bedroom.
9. When does the first act take place?
(a) Saturday afternoon.
(b) We aren't told.
(c) A Saturday morning.
(d) A Sunday morning.
10. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(d) Brother Boxer.
11. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(b) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(c) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(d) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
12. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
13. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(b) " don't know."
(c) "Good pastor."
(d) David remains silent.
14. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
15. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
2. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
3. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
4. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
5. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)