|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
2. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
3. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The living room.
(b) The church.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
5. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Reading the funny papers.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Washing cocktail glasses.
(d) Going out.
6. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
(b) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
(c) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
(d) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
7. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
8. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) Changing sets.
(b) A unit set.
(c) A moveable set.
(d) A box set.
9. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "What are you doing here?"
(c) "I'm so glad to see you."
(d) "Get out."
10. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
(d) Iced Tea.
11. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A week.
(d) For the rest of his life.
12. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) "Good pastor."
(c) " don't know."
(d) David remains silent.
13. How old is David?
14. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Margaret Alexander.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Ida Jackson.
15. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A sick baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
2. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
3. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
4. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
5. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)