|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
(d) Iced Tea.
2. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Blues club.
(b) At another church.
(c) Jazz club.
(d) Driving a bus.
3. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
(b) Both are made of brass.
(c) Both are made of straw.
(d) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
4. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
5. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(b) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(c) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(d) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
6. When does the first act take place?
(a) Saturday afternoon.
(b) A Saturday morning.
(c) We aren't told.
(d) A Sunday morning.
7. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
8. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) A unit set.
(b) Changing sets.
(c) A moveable set.
(d) A box set.
9. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(a) Luke Alexander.
(b) Ida Jackson.
10. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(b) Brother James.
(d) Brother Boxer.
11. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
(a) Sister David.
(b) Sister Price.
(c) Sister Jackson.
(d) Sister Moore.
12. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Alexander.
(b) Brother Washington.
(c) Elder King.
(d) Elder Smith.
13. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He has a cold starting.
(b) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(c) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(d) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
14. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The church.
15. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Not helping his wife with the house.
(b) Driving a liquor truck.
(c) Smoking and drinking.
(d) Sitting in front of the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
2. Approximately how much suggested time takes place during Act I?
3. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
4. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
5. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)