|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
2. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
3. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
(a) A phone ringing.
(c) Piano playing.
4. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Two dollars.
5. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) Changing sets.
(b) A moveable set.
(c) A unit set.
(d) A box set.
6. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(b) Luke Alexander.
(d) Ida Jackson.
7. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) Living room and bedroom.
(b) Home and church.
(c) Inside and outside of a house.
(d) A church and outside a church.
8. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "What are you doing here?"
(b) "I'm so glad to see you."
(d) "Get out."
9. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Saturday morning.
(b) A Sunday morning.
(c) We aren't told.
(d) Saturday afternoon.
10. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
11. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Margaret Alexander.
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Sister Moore.
12. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Not helping his wife with the house.
(b) Driving a liquor truck.
(c) Smoking and drinking.
(d) Sitting in front of the television.
13. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
14. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(b) Brother James.
(c) Brother Boxer.
15. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
2. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
4. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
5. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)