Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1
1. Explain the layout of Sister Margaret Alexander's home and the church and their relationship to each other in this play. Be sure to define any theatrical terms.
2. Describe the church in "The Amen Corner."
3. Describe the Alexander home in the play.
4. In Act I, what is the story from Margaret's sermon?
5. Margaret compares the story of King Hezekiah's story to a possible situation of the congregation. What situation does she compare the biblical story to?
6. What unholy things...
This section contains 967 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)