|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) At school.
(b) On the street.
(c) In bars.
(d) In church.
2. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Alexander.
(b) Elder King.
(c) Brother Washington.
(d) Elder Smith.
3. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
(c) A sick baby.
(d) A handkerchief.
4. Who is the first character to speak in Act III?
(a) Ida Jackson.
5. What does Odessa want her sister to do after the confrontation with David?
(a) Go after David.
(b) Sit with Luke.
(d) Return to the church and win the people back.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. Who is at the pulpit as Margaret talks to Luke in Act III?
3. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
4. In Act III, who says that everything is dark that morning?
5. In Act III, who do we learn says, "How you this Lord's day morning"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)