|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) Luke playing trombone.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) David playing piano.
(d) Luke playing trumpet.
2. Why is Ida Jackson upset?
(a) Her baby is sick.
(b) Her husband left.
(c) Her baby died.
(d) Her husband lost his job.
3. Who does Margaret want to talk to before she goes in front of the church?
(a) Old Mother Phillips.
4. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he won't have family.
(b) That he'll end up like his father.
(c) That he'll never make money.
(d) That he won't be good enough.
5. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
(a) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks about escaping the pollution of the world in Act III?
2. In Act III, who asks Margaret where all her fervor has gone?
3. In Act III, Margaret says she can't say the word(s) for "so be it" or "thy will be done." What is the word(s)?
4. Who does Margaret predict will be the next pastor of the church?
5. Who defends Margaret to the others in Act II?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)