|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is David in when he enters the apartment in Act III?
(a) He's scared that his mother will see him.
(b) He's happy about playing music.
(c) He's a little drunk.
(d) He's sleepy for staying out all night.
2. Who says, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. What day does Act III take place?
4. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
(c) A thief.
5. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(b) The church.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A street scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act III, David talks about what he sees every time he plays music. What is it?
2. In Act III, what does David think will happen if he listens to his mother?
3. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
4. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
5. Margaret resumes preaching in the last scene as if nothing has happened. What is it that reminds her what has happened?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)