|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Margaret slaps David in Act III, what does he do?
(a) David yells at his mother.
(b) David leaves the house.
(c) David goes to check on his father.
(d) David sits at the table with his head in his hands.
2. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(b) A Philadelphia church member.
(c) Brother Stanley.
3. Who defends Margaret to the others in Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
4. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) The church.
(b) The streent.
(c) An office building.
(d) The apartment.
5. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
2. In Act III, who asks Margaret where all her fervor has gone?
3. Why does Margaret want the people in the church to be quiet in Act III?
4. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
5. Who says, "The truth is a two-edged sword"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)