|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odessa refer to Sister Moore as "poor Sister Moore" in Act III?
(a) Because she just lost her job.
(b) Because she's never had a man.
(c) Because she's in love.
(d) Because she wants to be pastor.
2. James Baldwin wrote a dramatization of one of his novels. Which novel was it?
(a) Another Country.
(b) Giovanni's Room.
(c) Go Tell It on the Mountain.
(d) The Fire Next Time.
3. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
(a) Gospel music.
(b) One of Luke's old records.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) A new recording of David's.
4. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(a) Sister Moore.
5. Why says, "God don't love the slothful"
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
2. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
3. Margaret resumes preaching in the last scene as if nothing has happened. What is it that reminds her what has happened?
4. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
5. When Margaret enters the kitchen and sees David, how is she dressed?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)