|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke remove from his pajama pocket in Act II?
(a) A mouthpiece.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
(a) One of Luke's old records.
(b) A new recording of David's.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) Gospel music.
3. When Luke and Margaret confess that they still love each other in Act III, what song comes from the church?
(a) "Troubles of the World."
(b) "I'm Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table."
(c) "The Old Ship of Zion."
(d) "You Can Run On a Long Time."
4. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(a) Ida Jackson.
5. According to Act III, who swallowed bitterness by the gallon jugful?
(c) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
2. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
3. Who cries in Act II?
4. Who asks Odessa to see Margaret before Sunday School?
5. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)