|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret slap her son?
(a) He stayed out all night.
(b) He told her he was leaving the church.
(c) He swears.
(d) She smells whisky on him.
2. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke falls against the table.
(b) Margaret starts crying.
(c) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
(d) David asks him not to go.
3. Where was the play, The Amen Corner, originally produced?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Western Europe.
(d) Howard University.
4. What does Luke remove from his pajama pocket in Act II?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A mouthpiece.
(d) A handkerchief.
5. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
(c) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
2. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
3. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
4. When does the first act take place?
5. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)