|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ida Jackson wearing?
(a) Sunday church clothes.
(b) House dress and slippers.
(c) Jeans and a blouse.
(d) Clothes for a nightclub.
2. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) Folk music.
(b) A "shout" song.
(c) "Feel good" music.
(d) Gospel music.
3. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Sunday morning.
(b) A Saturday morning.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) We aren't told.
4. According to Act III, who swallowed bitterness by the gallon jugful?
(b) Sister Moore.
5. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Not helping his wife with the house.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Driving a liquor truck.
(d) Sitting in front of the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act III, who enters the apartment during the church service for a drink?
2. What condition is David in when he enters the apartment in Act III?
3. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
4. In Act II, how much did Brother Boxer say that it cost him to go to Philadelphia?
5. In Act II, we learn that it cost how much to get a specific window painted?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)