|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Rice.
(d) Sister Moore.
2. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
(a) Dizzy Gillespie.
(b) Gospel music.
(c) One of Luke's old records.
(d) A new recording of David's.
3. What does David confess to in Act III that he's been doing for a long time?
(b) Lying to his mother.
(c) Not going to school.
4. Why does Margaret slap her son?
(a) She smells whisky on him.
(b) He told her he was leaving the church.
(c) He swears.
(d) He stayed out all night.
5. Why is Ida Jackson upset?
(a) Her baby died.
(b) Her husband left.
(c) Her husband lost his job.
(d) Her baby is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves to look for David in Act II?
2. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
3. In Act II, who says that it's the man who's supposed to lead, not the woman?
4. How much was the offering for the pastor's trip to Philadelphia?
5. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)