|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the offering for the pastor's trip to Philadelphia?
2. What does Odessa want her sister to do after the confrontation with David?
(a) Go after David.
(b) Return to the church and win the people back.
(c) Sit with Luke.
3. Who is the first to begin singing in Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Rice.
4. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
(d) A thief.
5. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
2. When Odessa first appears in Act III, what is the first thing she does?
3. What is Ida Jackson wearing?
4. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
5. Why is Ida Jackson upset?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)