|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
(a) Sister Douglass.
(b) Sister Rice.
(c) Sister Sally.
(d) Ida Jackson.
2. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) Mother Phillips.
(b) Elder Thomas.
(c) Sister Baker.
(d) The pastor's mother.
3. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(b) " don't know."
(c) David remains silent.
(d) "Good pastor."
4. After Margaret slaps David in Act III, what does he do?
(a) David goes to check on his father.
(b) David yells at his mother.
(c) David sits at the table with his head in his hands.
(d) David leaves the house.
5. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
(b) "The Blues is Man."
(c) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
(d) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
2. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
3. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
4. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
5. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)