|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
(b) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
(c) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
(d) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
2. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(d) Sister Moore.
3. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
(a) Ida Jackson.
4. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That they would play music together.
(b) That they would travel together.
(c) That Luke would have grandchildren.
(d) That they would live together again.
5. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
(b) Going out with men.
(c) Stealing money from the congregation.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
2. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
3. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
4. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
5. Who cries in Act II?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)