|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) A dollar.
2. What time of day is it when Act II begins?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late evening.
3. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Brother Boxer.
4. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) Folk music.
(b) "Feel good" music.
(c) A "shout" song.
(d) Gospel music.
5. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he'll never make money.
(b) That he won't be good enough.
(c) That he'll end up like his father.
(d) That he won't have family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mentions a "heart black with sorrow" in Act II?
2. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
3. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
4. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
5. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)