|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(b) Brother Stanley.
(d) A Philadelphia church member.
2. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
(b) Sister Moore.
3. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
4. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) For the rest of his life.
5. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(b) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(c) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(d) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
2. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
3. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
4. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
5. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)