|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(b) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(c) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(d) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
2. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
(c) A thief.
3. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) In church.
(b) In bars.
(c) At school.
(d) On the street.
4. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
(b) David asks him not to go.
(c) Luke falls against the table.
(d) Margaret starts crying.
5. In Act II Sister Boxer and Margaret argue about the difference between having trumpets and drums in church and what?
(a) Brother Boxer driving a liquor truck so he can contribute more money.
(b) Using offering money to travel.
(c) Pianos in nightclubs.
(d) Margaret leaving her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves to look for David in Act II?
2. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
3. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
4. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
5. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)