|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bishop Williams' church located?
(a) 51st Street.
(b) 145th Street.
(c) 63rd Avenue.
(d) Next to Central Park.
2. Who defends Margaret to the others in Act II?
(d) Sister Moore.
3. How old is David?
4. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(b) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(c) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(d) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
5. In Act II, when does David say that he stopped believing?
(a) When some men approached him about playing music.
(b) When he started going to music school.
(c) When he started lying to his mother.
(d) When he turned 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
3. What music is playing in Luke's bedroom?
4. What does Luke remove from his pajama pocket in Act II?
5. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)