|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks if drums and trumpets in church isn't worldly?
(a) Sister Rice.
(b) Sister Sally.
(c) Sister Douglass.
(d) Sister Boxer.
2. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(b) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(c) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(d) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
3. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
4. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
5. What hope did Luke reveal to David during Act II?
(a) That Luke would have grandchildren.
(b) That they would travel together.
(c) That they would live together again.
(d) That they would play music together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
2. When does the first act take place?
3. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
4. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
5. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)