|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
(a) Sister Sally.
(b) Sister Rice.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Sister Douglass.
2. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Saturday morning.
(b) Saturday afternoon.
(c) We aren't told.
(d) A Sunday morning.
3. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Ten years old.
4. Who cries in Act II?
5. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(a) Brother Stanley.
(b) A Philadelphia church member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
2. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
3. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
4. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
5. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)