|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(b) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(c) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(d) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
2. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
3. How much was the offering for the pastor's trip to Philadelphia?
4. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) Luke playing trombone.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) David playing piano.
(d) Luke playing trumpet.
5. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) Folk music.
(c) A "shout" song.
(d) Gospel music.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Margaret returns from her trip in Act II, where does she go first?
2. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
3. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
4. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
5. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)