|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
2. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After her wedding to Luke.
(b) After David was born.
(c) After she kicked him out of the house.
(d) After having a stillborn child.
3. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(d) Sister Moore.
4. What did Odessa do to buy the household item in question?
(a) Cooked for people.
(b) Took care of other peoples' children.
(c) Scrubbed white folks' floors.
(d) Secretarial work.
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
2. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
3. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
4. In Act II, Sister Moore suggests that Margaret has engaged in another wrongdoing. What is this wrongdoing?
5. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)