|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
(a) Received a ride from someone.
(b) Rode the train.
(c) Rode the bus.
(d) Flew in an airplane.
2. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
(a) Sister Price.
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Jackson.
(d) Sister David.
3. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
4. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
(a) Baby daughter.
(b) Margaret's mother.
(c) A pastor friend.
(d) David's brother.
5. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
(a) Sister Sally.
(b) Sister Rice.
(c) Sister Douglass.
(d) Ida Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
2. Who asks if drums and trumpets in church isn't worldly?
3. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
4. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
5. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)