|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
(a) Being poor.
(b) Enjoying life.
(c) Not going to church.
(d) Being in love.
2. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
(a) In church.
(b) On the street.
(c) At school.
(d) In bars.
3. Who says, "I'm bearing witness to the truth" in Act II.
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
4. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Elder Smith.
(b) Brother Alexander.
(c) Brother Washington.
(d) Elder King.
5. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(b) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(c) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(d) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
2. What instrument did Luke make a living playing?
3. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
4. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
5. In Act II, how much did Brother Boxer say that it cost him to go to Philadelphia?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)