|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(b) Brother Stanley.
(d) A Philadelphia church member.
2. What is the first thing that Margaret says in Act II?
(a) How is Luke doing?
(b) Where's David?
(c) Hello, everyone.
(d) Praise the Lord, children.
3. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
(a) After having a stillborn child.
(b) After she kicked him out of the house.
(c) After David was born.
(d) After her wedding to Luke.
4. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Boxer.
5. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
(a) Baby daughter.
(b) David's brother.
(c) Margaret's mother.
(d) A pastor friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
2. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
3. What scares David about being a musician?
4. What sound interrupts the argument in the church during Act II?
5. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)