|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts the argument in the church during Act II?
(a) Shouting from Margarets house.
(b) Music from Margaret's house.
(c) Jazz music in the street.
2. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(b) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(c) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(d) He has a cold starting.
3. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
(a) Why they can't move to a better building.
(b) Why the pastor hadn't visited a sick parishoner.
(c) Why they had to pay so much for a window.
(d) Why David hasn't been in church.
4. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Two years old.
5. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he won't be good enough.
(b) That he'll never make money.
(c) That he won't have family.
(d) That he'll end up like his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret accuse David and Luke of in Act II?
2. According to Luke, when did Margaret "find the Lord"?
3. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
4. Where was David seen talking to a white horn player?
5. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)