|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) Gospel music.
(c) A "shout" song.
(d) Folk music.
2. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(b) Brother James.
(d) Brother Boxer.
3. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
4. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
5. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The church.
(c) A street scene.
(d) The scrim wall of the tenement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
2. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
3. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
4. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
5. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)