|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Ida Jackson.
(c) Margaret Alexander.
(d) Brother Boxer.
2. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) The church.
(b) An office building.
(c) The apartment.
(d) The streent.
3. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
4. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) Both are made of straw.
(b) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(c) Both are made of brass.
(d) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
5. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(a) TB (tuberculosis).
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
2. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
3. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
4. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
5. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)