|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(d) Sister Moore.
2. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
(b) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
(c) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
(d) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
3. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) A street scene.
(b) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(c) The church.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
(b) Margaret starts crying.
(c) David asks him not to go.
(d) Luke falls against the table.
5. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) A church and outside a church.
(b) Inside and outside of a house.
(c) Living room and bedroom.
(d) Home and church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
2. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
3. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
4. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
5. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)