|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
2. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
4. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
5. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Sitting in front of the television.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Not helping his wife with the house.
(d) Driving a liquor truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
3. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
4. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
5. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)