|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
2. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
3. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
(b) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
(c) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
(d) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
4. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(b) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
5. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Jazz club.
(b) Driving a bus.
(c) Blues club.
(d) At another church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
2. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
3. What scenery does the play open with?
4. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
5. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)