|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
2. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Elder Smith.
(b) Brother Alexander.
(c) Brother Washington.
(d) Elder King.
4. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(b) Sister Moore.
5. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Brother James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
2. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
3. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
4. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
5. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)