|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The church.
(b) A street scene.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The scrim wall of the tenement.
2. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 8 years.
3. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
(b) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
(c) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
(d) "The Blues is Man."
4. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(a) Luke Alexander.
(b) Ida Jackson.
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
2. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
3. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
4. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
5. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)