|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
(b) A sick baby.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
(a) Hymn books and tambourines.
(b) A bible and piano music.
(c) A trumpet and hymn books.
(d) Nothing sits on top of the piano in the first act.
3. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
4. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) A "shout" song.
(c) Gospel music.
(d) Folk music.
5. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
2. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
3. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
4. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
5. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)