|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Washington.
(b) Brother Alexander.
(c) Elder Smith.
(d) Elder King.
2. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) Sister Baker.
(b) The pastor's mother.
(c) Elder Thomas.
(d) Mother Phillips.
3. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) For the rest of his life.
(d) A couple of days.
4. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
5. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
3. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
5. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)