|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(a) Brother James.
(b) Brother Boxer.
2. Approximately how much suggested time takes place during Act I?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Less couple of hours.
(d) A few days.
3. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
(d) Sister Moore.
4. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
5. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) Gospel music.
(c) A "shout" song.
(d) Folk music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
2. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
4. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
5. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)