|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Driving a bus.
(b) Jazz club.
(c) Blues club.
(d) At another church.
2. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
(a) Mother Phillips.
(b) Ida Jackson.
(c) Elder Johnson.
3. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Washing cocktail glasses.
(c) Going out.
(d) Reading the funny papers.
4. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
(a) A bible and piano music.
(b) Nothing sits on top of the piano in the first act.
(c) Hymn books and tambourines.
(d) A trumpet and hymn books.
5. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
2. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
4. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
5. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)