|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "Get out."
(b) "What are you doing here?"
(d) "I'm so glad to see you."
2. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
3. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) A "shout" song.
(b) "Feel good" music.
(c) Gospel music.
(d) Folk music.
4. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
(a) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
5. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The living room.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
2. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
4. Approximately how much suggested time takes place during Act I?
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)