|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) Changing sets.
(b) A box set.
(c) A unit set.
(d) A moveable set.
2. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
(b) Piano playing.
(c) A phone ringing.
3. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
4. Who says that there "ain't no age in the Lord"?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
5. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
2. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
3. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
4. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
5. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)