|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Sunday morning.
(b) Saturday afternoon.
(c) We aren't told.
(d) A Saturday morning.
2. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
3. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The church.
(b) A street scene.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The scrim wall of the tenement.
4. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
(a) Ida Jackson.
(b) Mother Phillips.
(d) Elder Johnson.
5. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
2. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
3. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
4. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
5. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)