|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) David remains silent.
(c) "Good pastor."
(d) " don't know."
2. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
3. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Blues club.
(b) Jazz club.
(c) Driving a bus.
(d) At another church.
4. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "What are you doing here?"
(b) "Get out."
(d) "I'm so glad to see you."
5. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke falls against the table.
(b) David asks him not to go.
(c) Margaret starts crying.
(d) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
2. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
3. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
4. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
5. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)