|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
2. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
3. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(a) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
4. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) A week.
(d) A couple of days.
5. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Going out.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Washing cocktail glasses.
(d) Reading the funny papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
2. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
3. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
4. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
5. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)