|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
(a) Sister Price.
(b) Sister Jackson.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister David.
2. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
(a) Everyone's head is bowed while they pray.
(b) Everyone has left the apartment.
(c) Luke walks in the apartment.
(d) The first act has ended.
3. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
4. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Two dollars.
5. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
2. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
3. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
4. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
5. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)