|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) David remains silent.
(b) "Good pastor."
(d) " don't know."
2. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(b) TB (tuberculosis).
3. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
4. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Sunday morning.
(b) A Saturday morning.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) We aren't told.
5. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
(a) Driving a liquor truck.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Sitting in front of the television.
(d) Not helping his wife with the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
3. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
4. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
5. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)