|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
2. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) Elder Thomas.
(b) Mother Phillips.
(c) The pastor's mother.
(d) Sister Baker.
3. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
4. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
5. Who's supposed to send a telegram if anything happens to Luke during "The Amen Corner."
(a) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
2. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
3. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
4. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
5. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)