|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
(a) A dollar.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
2. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
(a) Luke begins uncontrollable coughing.
(b) Margaret starts crying.
(c) David asks him not to go.
(d) Luke falls against the table.
3. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) A "shout" song.
(b) Gospel music.
(c) "Feel good" music.
(d) Folk music.
4. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The church.
(d) A bedroom.
5. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
2. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
3. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
4. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
5. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)