|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
2. When does the first act take place?
(a) We aren't told.
(b) A Sunday morning.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) A Saturday morning.
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Elder Smith.
(b) Brother Alexander.
(c) Elder King.
(d) Brother Washington.
4. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(c) TB (tuberculosis).
5. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
2. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
3. What are the two collection plates made of?
4. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
5. Whose bedroom is mentioned from the beginning of Act I?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)