|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
2. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(b) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. When does the first act take place?
(a) A Sunday morning.
(b) We aren't told.
(c) A Saturday morning.
(d) Saturday afternoon.
4. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Driving a bus.
(b) Blues club.
(c) Jazz club.
(d) At another church.
5. What type of set is used in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) A moveable set.
(b) A unit set.
(c) A box set.
(d) Changing sets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
2. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
3. What scenery does the play open with?
4. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
5. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)