|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Alexander.
(b) Elder King.
(c) Brother Washington.
(d) Elder Smith.
2. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) The church.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
3. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
(a) Elder Johnson.
(b) Mother Phillips.
(c) Ida Jackson.
4. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) For the rest of his life.
5. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
(b) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
(c) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
(d) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
2. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
3. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
4. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
5. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)