|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
2. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
3. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(c) Luke Alexander.
(d) Ida Jackson.
4. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The church.
(c) The streent.
(d) An office building.
5. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(b) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
2. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
3. How old is David?
4. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
5. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)