Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Brother Boxer.
2. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
(a) The new Margaret.
(b) David as a child.
(c) David as an adult.
(d) The old Margaret.
3. Why didn't David know much about his father's musical career?
(a) David thought his father was dead.
(b) David didn't know his father was a musician.
(c) David didn't have a phonograph to listen to his records.
(d) David thought his father was in jail.
4. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(b) He has a cold starting.
(c) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(d) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
5. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The church.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
2. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
3. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
4. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
5. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)