|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(b) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(c) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(d) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
2. In Act II, Margaret is asked how she returned home from Philadelphia. Her answer was what?
(a) Received a ride from someone.
(b) Rode the bus.
(c) Rode the train.
(d) Flew in an airplane.
3. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
(b) Brother Boxer.
4. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
(d) Brother Boxer.
5. in Act III, we learn what the weather was like on Margaret and Luke's wedding day. What was it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David?
2. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
3. According to Brother Boxer in Act II, where has David been spending time?
4. In Act II, who says that it's the man who's supposed to lead, not the woman?
5. In Act II, Luke accuses Margaret of treating David like he's how many years old?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)