|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
(a) Margaret's mother.
(b) Baby daughter.
(c) David's brother.
(d) A pastor friend.
2. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
3. James Baldwin wrote a dramatization of one of his novels. Which novel was it?
(a) The Fire Next Time.
(b) Giovanni's Room.
(c) Go Tell It on the Mountain.
(d) Another Country.
4. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(a) A Philadelphia church member.
(b) Brother Stanley.
5. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(b) He has a cold starting.
(c) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(d) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking to Ida Jackson, Margaret speaks to her sister, who recommends that she do what?
2. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
3. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
4. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
5. Who says in Act II, "The way that box is going, you wouldn't of hear the Holy Ghost come in"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)