|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts the argument in the church during Act II?
(a) Jazz music in the street.
(c) Shouting from Margarets house.
(d) Music from Margaret's house.
2. How does Margaret know that Sunday School has started in Act III?
(a) Piano music drifts up from the church.
(b) Odessa tells her.
(c) She hears people shouting Hallelujah.
(d) She hears children singing "Jesus Loves Me."
3. Who sings, "Who I'll be done with the troubles of the world" in Act III?
(a) Baritone soloist.
(b) Brother Boxer.
(c) Sister Moore.
4. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
5. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
(a) Sister David.
(b) Sister Price.
(c) Sister Jackson.
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, what does Luke call the baby the he and his wife lost?
2. According to Odessa in Act III, every time that woman doesn't know if she's coming or going, what's going on nearby?
3. What day does Act III take place?
4. Who says, "You play piano like I dreamed you would" to David in Act II?
5. In Act III, what does David think will happen if he listens to his mother?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)