|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
(a) In a nightclub.
(b) Drunk and at her bedside.
(c) In jail.
(d) On the road.
2. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(b) Both are made of brass.
(c) Both are made of straw.
(d) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
3. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Boxer.
4. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
(a) Enjoying life.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Not going to church.
(d) Being in love.
5. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(b) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(c) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(d) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "he dying in his sins" during Act II?
2. Act II takes place how many days later than Act I?
3. Who's the last character to speak in Act II?
4. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
5. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)