|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
(b) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(c) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(d) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
2. When Sisters Boxer and Moore enter the church in Act III, how are they clothed?
(a) In their Sunday best.
(b) All in white.
(c) All in black.
(d) In robes.
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Alexander.
(b) Elder Smith.
(c) Brother Washington.
(d) Elder King.
4. Who tries to talk with the pastor about nothing being wrong with Brother Boxer's job in Act I?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
5. What is Brother Boxer's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
2. Who are Odessa and Sisters Moore and Boxer talking about when Act II opens?
3. According to Act III, who swallowed bitterness by the gallon jugful?
4. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
5. Who asks if drums and trumpets in church isn't worldly?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)