|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Luke call his wife?
2. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
(a) "Feel good" music.
(b) A "shout" song.
(c) Folk music.
(d) Gospel music.
3. What are the two collection plates made of?
(a) One is made of glass, and the other from brass.
(b) Both are made of brass.
(c) One is made of brass, and the other straw.
(d) Both are made of straw.
4. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(b) A street scene.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The church.
5. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
(b) A sick baby.
(c) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
2. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
3. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
4. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
5. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)