|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Brother Boxer.
2. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
(a) Elder Johnson.
(b) Mother Phillips.
(c) Ida Jackson.
4. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
(a) Everyone's head is bowed while they pray.
(b) Luke walks in the apartment.
(c) Everyone has left the apartment.
(d) The first act has ended.
5. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
(a) Sister Moore.
(d) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
2. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
3. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
4. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
5. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)