|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
2. Who went downtown and saw Luke the night before the first scene?
3. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
(b) Sister Moore.
4. According to Luke, who goes digging for pork chops when she sees a man?
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
5. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) David remains silent.
(b) "Good pastor."
(d) " don't know."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
2. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
3. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
4. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
5. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)