|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's reportedly been keeping bad company in Act I?
2. How long has Luke been separated from his wife and son?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 12 years.
3. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Jazz club.
(b) Driving a bus.
(c) Blues club.
(d) At another church.
4. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Margaret Alexander.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Sister Moore.
5. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(c) The church.
(d) A street scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
2. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
3. What happens when Luke starts to leave during Act I?
4. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
5. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)