|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(b) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(c) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
(d) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
2. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The church.
(c) The living room.
(d) A bedroom.
3. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
(a) "Good pastor."
(c) " don't know."
(d) David remains silent.
4. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(b) He has a cold starting.
(c) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(d) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
5. When Sister Moore asks if there's anyone who needs "the Lord's especial attention," who comes forward?
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Luke Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
2. How much does Sister Moore place in the offering basket in the first act?
3. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
4. What is Brother Boxer looking for in the new Frigidaire?
5. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)