|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scenery does the play open with?
(a) A street scene.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The scrim wall of the tenement.
(d) The church.
2. When Luke appears in Act I, how long does he say he'll be in town for?
(a) A week.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A couple of weeks.
(d) For the rest of his life.
3. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
(a) Luke asked around to find Margaret.
(b) Luke followed David to find Margaret.
(c) Luke knew Margaret would be somewhere near a church.
(d) Someone told Luke about Margaret in a letter.
4. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
5. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Tell him to call on the Lord!"
2. The person who comes forward at the end of the sermon is carrying what?
3. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
4. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
5. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)