|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The set for "The Amen Corner contains what components?
(a) Home and church.
(b) A church and outside a church.
(c) Living room and bedroom.
(d) Inside and outside of a house.
2. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(b) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(c) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(d) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
3. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
4. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
(b) "The Blues is Man."
(c) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
(d) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
5. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
(a) David and Luke.
(b) Margaret and David.
(c) Brother and Sister Boxer.
(d) Sisters Boxer and Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
2. What sits on top of the piano in the church in the first scene?
3. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
4. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
5. What does David say when his father asks if his mother is a good pastor?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)