|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to the home/church as a Holy Ghost station during the first act?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
(d) Brother Boxer.
2. Who says something about "wishing you'd leave the Lord's work to the Lord."?
3. Who was out late the night before the church service in the first act?
4. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He has a cold starting.
(b) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
(c) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(d) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
5. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
(a) Blues club.
(b) Driving a bus.
(c) Jazz club.
(d) At another church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
3. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
4. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
5. How did Luke know where to find Margaret?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)