|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Jackson.
(c) Sister Price.
(d) Sister David.
2. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
(a) Margaret and David.
(b) Brother and Sister Boxer.
(c) David and Luke.
(d) Sisters Boxer and Moore.
3. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Boxer.
4. Before the curtain rises in the first act, there are street sounds including laughter, cursing, and a radio. What other sound is heard?
(c) Piano playing.
(d) A phone ringing.
5. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
2. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
3. When the congregation sings loudly and claps hands and shakes tambourines, this is called what kind of song?
4. Where does the play, "The Amen Corner," take place?
5. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)