|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
(a) Everyone has left the apartment.
(b) The first act has ended.
(c) Luke walks in the apartment.
(d) Everyone's head is bowed while they pray.
2. What is located stage right in the first act and throughout the play?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) The church.
3. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Washing cocktail glasses.
(c) Reading the funny papers.
(d) Going out.
4. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
(a) "I'm so glad to see you."
(c) "Get out."
(d) "What are you doing here?"
5. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells David that he has a natural gift for music?
2. Where is the pastor planning on going after the church service in Act 1?
3. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
4. What is located stage left in "The Amen Corner"?
5. Who does the pastor suggest as a substitute piano player for the church service?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)