|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(a) TB (tuberculosis).
2. When the characters who were talking in the kitchen at the beginning of Act II exit to the church, who comes into the home?
(b) A thief.
3. Everyone tries to convince Margaret to stay to care for Luke instead of going out of town. What does she decide?
(a) Margaret decides to postpone her trip for a couple of days.
(b) Margaret calls and cancels her trip.
(c) Margaret decides to go on her trip.
(d) Margaret sends Sister Moore in her place.
4. Three women are in the kitchen when Act II begins. Who else is in the scene?
(c) Brother Boxer.
5. In talking about the events that occurred ten years ago, Luke says that they were cursed for what reason?
(a) Not going to church.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Enjoying life.
(d) Being in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how much suggested time takes place during Act I?
2. In Act II, Brother Boxer insinuates that the congregation paid for what household item?
3. Act II takes place how many days later than Act I?
4. Who says, "Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"?
5. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)