|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Margaret and Odessa that they look "almost like two young girls this morning."
(b) Brother Boxer.
(d) Brother James.
2. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Ida Jackson.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Margaret Alexander.
3. What is on the record album that David is playing?
(a) Luke playing trombone.
(b) Luke playing trumpet.
(c) Dizzy Gillespie.
(d) David playing piano.
4. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Eight years old.
5. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
(a) David and Luke.
(b) Margaret and David.
(c) Brother and Sister Boxer.
(d) Sisters Boxer and Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the sermon in the first act, who does the pastor say that King Hezekiah called on?
2. Who calls Luke a "bad boy"?
3. Why is everyone silent when Sisters Moore and Boxer finish singing in Act I?
4. When Margaret was delivering their baby, where was Luke?
5. According to the pastor's first act sermon, what is an example of an activity one does when one's "mind ain't on the Lord"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)