|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scares David about being a musician?
(a) That he'll never make money.
(b) That he won't be good enough.
(c) That he'll end up like his father.
(d) That he won't have family.
2. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
(a) Margaret's mother.
(b) A pastor friend.
(c) Baby daughter.
(d) David's brother.
3. During Act I, two people say "God doesn't like liars." Who were they?
(a) David and Luke.
(b) Sisters Boxer and Moore.
(c) Margaret and David.
(d) Brother and Sister Boxer.
4. In Act II, which character mentioned going to Philadelphia with her husband, Herman?
(a) Sister Rice.
(b) Sister Douglass.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Sister Sally.
5. Who leaves to look for David in Act II?
(a) Sister Boxer.
(c) Brother Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the play, who claims to have left to get away from the stink of whiskey?
2. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
3. What is on the record album that David is playing?
4. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
5. Who cries in Act II?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)