|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did "The Amen Corner" open on Broadway?
2. What does David confess to in Act III that he's been doing for a long time?
(a) Not going to school.
(c) Lying to his mother.
3. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
(a) John Coltrane and Charlie Parker.
(b) Jellyroll Morton and Louis Armstrong.
(c) Miles Davis and Jellyroll Morton.
(d) Louis Armstrong and John Coltrane.
4. Who says, "Open your heart and listen" in Act III?
(d) Ida Jackson.
5. Who does the pastor plan on seeing in Philadelphia?
(a) The pastor's mother.
(b) Sister Baker.
(c) Mother Phillips.
(d) Elder Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David?
2. Who mentions a "heart black with sorrow" in Act II?
3. Why says, "God don't love the slothful"
4. What do Margaret and Odessa agree that Brother Boxer doesn't have any right to be doing?
5. What concern does Sister Sally bring up to the others during Act II?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)