|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first spoken part of the play is from what character?
(a) Sister Moore.
(b) Sister Boxer.
2. Who sings, "Who I'll be done with the troubles of the world" in Act III?
(a) Baritone soloist.
(c) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
3. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
(b) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
(c) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
(d) "The Blues is Man."
4. Act II takes place how many days later than Act I?
5. What does Margaret plan for David to do with his life?
(a) Become a pastor.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Become a teacher.
(d) Become anything but a musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Margaret returns from her trip in Act II, where does she go first?
2. What scenery does the play open with?
3. Who enters the church during the last line of a song in Act II?
4. Who leaves the service to put coffee on during the first act?
5. Odessa encourages Margaret to return to the church towards the end of Act II for what reason?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)