|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rumor that Brother Boxer has heard is that Luke's father is sick with what?
(d) TB (tuberculosis).
2. When Sisters Boxer and Moore enter the church in Act III, how are they clothed?
(a) In robes.
(b) In their Sunday best.
(c) All in black.
(d) All in white.
3. What is Ida Jackson wearing?
(a) Sunday church clothes.
(b) Jeans and a blouse.
(c) House dress and slippers.
(d) Clothes for a nightclub.
4. When Brother Boxer says, "But he got trumpets or some kind of horn in his blood," who is he referring to?
(a) A Philadelphia church member.
(c) Brother Stanley.
5. In Act III, who enters the apartment during the church service for a drink?
(a) Brother Boxer.
(b) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Sally.
(d) Sister Boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Baldwin wrote a dramatization of one of his novels. Which novel was it?
2. Who asks Odessa to see Margaret before Sunday School?
3. Which of the characters is the pastor as the play opens?
4. in Act III, which character believes she/he threw away his/her life?
5. What day does Act III take place?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)