|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act III, we learn what the weather was like on Margaret and Luke's wedding day. What was it?
2. What reason does David give for not wanting to go to Philadelphia with his mother?
(a) He doesn't want to miss playing the guitar in church.
(b) He has a cold starting.
(c) He doesn't want to miss music school.
(d) He doesn't like Philadelphia.
3. Who is in his grave, according to Sister Boxer in the first act?
(a) Brother Washington.
(b) Elder Smith.
(c) Brother Alexander.
(d) Elder King.
4. Who is it that appears in the alley before the pastor leaves on a trip?
(b) Mother Phillips.
(c) Ida Jackson.
(d) Elder Johnson.
5. Why does Margaret slap her son?
(a) He swears.
(b) She smells whisky on him.
(c) He stayed out all night.
(d) He told her he was leaving the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ida Jackson wearing?
2. During the first act, Brother Boxer tell his wife and Sister Moore that he's heard that David's father is back in town. Where is David's father reportedly working?
3. Who says, "Ain't a soul been born infallible"?
4. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
5. Luke thinks Margaret is treating David like he's how old in Act II?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)