|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is played as the music prologue to Act I?
(a) "If Jesus Had to Pray, What About Me?"
(b) "The Blues is Man."
(c) "I Got the Holy Spirit."
(d) "I Laid My Burdens Down."
2. Who is the "funny, fast-talking, fiery" person mentioned in Act II?
(a) The new Margaret.
(b) The old Margaret.
(c) David as an adult.
(d) David as a child.
3. What does Odessa want her sister to do after the confrontation with David?
(a) Go after David.
(b) Sit with Luke.
(c) Return to the church and win the people back.
4. What character brings up the costs of operating a church during Act II?
(a) Sister Moore.
(c) Sister Douglass.
5. Who says, "Cat got your tongue, Maggie?"
(a) Brother Boxer.
(d) Sister Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ida Jackson wearing?
2. What musicians does David compare his father to in Act II?
3. The author had only one published work before "The Amen Corner." What was it?
4. What is the first thing that Margaret says when Luke walks into the apartment in Act i?
5. Who is laid in the churchyard that Margaret refers to in Act II?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)