* The play begins in a church where members are singing a gospel song.
* The pastor, Margaret Alexander, starts her sermon with a story about King Hezekiah sending for the prophet Isaiah to guide him in spiritual matters.
* Margaret sums up the story by saying that when there's trouble, people choose people of God to help them.
* In order to help others, Margaret tells the congregation that they must lead holy lives.
* According to Margaret, reading the comics and driving a truck for a liquor company aren't being holy.
* After singing another song, Sister Moore, a church elder comes up.
* Sister Moore tells the congregation that their pastor will be leaving that day to help at a Philadelphia church.
* After the congregation sings another song, Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention.
* A young woman, Ida Jackson, walks forward with a sick baby.
* After explaining that she's...
This section contains 2,106 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)