• The play begins in a church where members are singing a gospel song.
• The pastor, Margaret Alexander, starts her sermon with a story about King Hezekiah sending for the prophet Isaiah to guide him in spiritual matters.
• Margaret sums up the story by saying that when there's trouble, people choose people of God to help them.
• In order to help others, Margaret tells the congregation that they must lead holy lives.
• According to Margaret, reading the comics and driving a truck for a liquor company aren't being holy.
• After singing another song, Sister Moore, a church elder comes up.
• Sister Moore tells the congregation that their pastor will be leaving that day to help at a Philadelphia church.
• After the congregation sings another song, Sister Moore asks if anyone needs special attention.
• A young woman, Ida Jackson, walks forward with a sick baby.
• After explaining that she's...
This section contains 2,314 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)