|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is Joe attracted to after the building incident?
2. To Sammy, which of the following is the biggest burden?
3. What is Joe's goal for the comics he makes in Part IV?
4. At James's country house, who is the housekeeper related to?
5. Which word best describes Carl's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Golem? What does it mean to Joe? Why does Joe have a connection with it? Why is this important to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe society's view of comics in the story. Why do they think this way? Do you think this is a realistic interpretation of the way society thought in 1939? Why or why not? What type of media might be comparable to comic books for the modern age?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sammy and then describe Joe. Which characters is stronger? Why? What weaknesses does each character possess? What role do these play in the story?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)