|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe's son disguise himself?
2. What is the name of the detective?
3. Who told the newspaper about the Empire State Building jumper?
4. What movie tickets does Joe get?
5. What is the name of the hotel Joe performs at in Part IV?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does corruption play in the story? Which characters are examples of corruption? Which characters are victims of corruption? Analyze at least 2 examples of corruption in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How are Tommy and Joe alike? How are they different? Why is it important that these similarities are displayed for the reader? How does Joe's son Tommy compare to Joe's brother, Thomas?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship that Sammy and Tracy have. Analyze their behavior towards one another. Are they in love? Why or why not? In what ways are they compatible?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)