|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
2. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
3. What is the name of the comic league?
4. What is the name of Joe's father?
5. What do Sammy and Joe want to do at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
2. What role does corruption play in the story?
3. Describe the journey that Sammy and Joe take in the first few chapters.
4. Describe the party that Sammy and Joe attend.
5. What makes Sam think that Joe is back in town?
6. What is the first step in Joe's slide into madness?
7. How is Joe's rage shown in the comics that he makes?
8. Why does Joe want to make money?
9. Why would Sammy and Joe be marketable?
10. What are the differences between Rosa and Luna Moth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the book portray life imitating art? How? Would Joe have become so intense about his hatred for Germans if he did not have the comic books as an outlet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the Golem? What does it mean to Joe? Why does Joe have a connection with it? Why is this important to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What marketing potential do Sammy and Joe have with their comics? Why are they so marketable? Why does Deasy like Sammy and Joe so much?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)