|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Joe when he learned to pick locks?
2. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
3. Which of the following is one of Sam's skills?
4. What is the name of the moth goddess in the comics?
5. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
2. Why is isolation a theme in the story?
3. What has Joe escaped from in his life?
4. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
5. Why does Sam want to leave New York?
6. Which character seeks revenge on Joe in this section and how?
7. What does the Golem represent?
8. Why does Sammy like comic books?
9. According to Sam, what kind of relationship do Batman and Robin have?
10. In what way is Sammy's sexuality represented?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of juxtaposition in this book. For example, how are Luna Moth and Rosa juxtaposed? What are the differences between Sammy and Joe and how do they play off each other? Choose one other pairing from the story to analyze.
Essay Topic 2
What marketing potential do Sammy and Joe have with their comics? Why are they so marketable? Why does Deasy like Sammy and Joe so much?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Sammy and then describe Joe. Which characters is stronger? Why? What weaknesses does each character possess? What role do these play in the story?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)