Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages are in the first comic book Sammy and Joe make?
2. What is the name of the character Joe creates as a result of the party?
3. Which character has the most sexual tension surrounding them?
4. How did the "Molecule" die?
5. What is the name of Joe's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe use as an escape?
2. What is Tommy's view of the adults around him?
3. Why does Sam want to leave New York?
4. Describe Sammy.
5. What is one positive thing about Sam's public exposure?
6. Describe the role of Sammy's father in his life.
7. Why do you think Joe joins the military?
8. Describe Sammy and Tracy's relationship when they visit the abandoned World's Fair.
9. What is the role of the hearing in the story?
10. In what way does Joe's life imitate art?
Essay Topic 1
What are two elements of irony in the story? What makes these parts of the story ironic? What is the importance of irony in these situations? Analyze how effective this use of irony is.
Essay Topic 2
What role does corruption play in the story? Which characters are examples of corruption? Which characters are victims of corruption? Analyze at least 2 examples of corruption in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character to analyze in-depth. Analyze the way this character behaves and how he or she interacts with others.What events have shaped this character into the character they have become by the end of the novel? What quote best sums up the character?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)