|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Sammy and Joe to a party?
2. What is the name of Rosa's boss?
3. Who is the soul and driver of the comic book project?
4. Where does Rosa volunteer?
5. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe use as an escape?
2. What is one subtle characteristic of Sammy that becomes more apparent at the party he attends with Joe?
3. Describe the way reality and fiction blur in Sammy's life.
4. After reading about the story of an alleged jumper in the paper, why does Joe follow through with his plan in the end?
5. Why does Joe want to make money?
6. What does Tracy look like? Why is this important?
7. Describe Joe.
8. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
9. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about? Why?
10. What has Joe escaped from in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character to analyze in-depth. Analyze the way this character behaves and how he or she interacts with others.What events have shaped this character into the character they have become by the end of the novel? What quote best sums up the character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of juxtaposition in this book. For example, how are Luna Moth and Rosa juxtaposed? What are the differences between Sammy and Joe and how do they play off each other? Choose one other pairing from the story to analyze.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the Golem? What does it mean to Joe? Why does Joe have a connection with it? Why is this important to the story?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)