Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages are in the first comic book Sammy and Joe make?
2. What is the name of the character Joe creates as a result of the party?
3. Which character has the most sexual tension surrounding them?
4. How did the "Molecule" die?
5. What is the name of Joe's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe use as an escape?
2. What is Tommy's view of the adults around him?
3. Why does Sam want to leave New York?
4. Describe Sammy.
5. What is one positive thing about Sam's public exposure?
6. Describe the role of Sammy's father in his life.
7. Why do you think Joe joins the military?
8. Describe Sammy and Tracy's relationship when they visit the abandoned World's Fair.
9. What is the role of the hearing in the story?
10. In what way does Joe's life imitate art?
Essay Topic 1
How do Sammy and Joe obtain inspiration for their comics? Describe and analyze three separate instances.
Essay Topic 2
Does the book portray life imitating art? How? Would Joe have become so intense about his hatred for Germans if he did not have the comic books as an outlet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are two elements of irony in the story? What makes these parts of the story ironic? What is the importance of irony in these situations? Analyze how effective this use of irony is.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)