|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Anapol recently purchased a home?
2. What is the name of the man who offers a radio deal?
3. Which character has shifted the way comics are viewed when Sammy and Joe begin their work?
4. What is Joe's motivation to get a job?
5. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is retribution a theme in the story?
2. Why do you think Joe joins the military?
3. Describe Sammy and Rosa's relationship in Part IV.
4. Describe the party that Sammy and Joe attend.
5. What is one positive thing about Sam's public exposure?
6. What is Tommy's view of the adults around him?
7. What makes Sam think that Joe is back in town?
8. In what way is Sammy's sexuality represented?
9. Describe the relationship between Sammy and Joe.
10. What does Joe use as an escape?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Rosa and Sam's marriage. Are they happy? Why or why not? Provide at least two pieces of evidence from the story to back up your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
How do Sammy and Joe obtain inspiration for their comics? Describe and analyze three separate instances.
Essay Topic 3
What marketing potential do Sammy and Joe have with their comics? Why are they so marketable? Why does Deasy like Sammy and Joe so much?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)