|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
2. Where does the European ship docking occur?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
3. In the comic book, what is Luna Moth's former name?
(a) Judy Dark.
(b) Regalia Doom.
(c) July Darling.
(d) Layla Flynn.
4. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
5. Where does Joe's family live?
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Sammy argue with the Empire Novelties editor and owner about?
2. How many pages are in the first comic book Sammy and Joe make?
3. What does Joe see the crowd watching at the party?
4. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
5. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sammy and Tracy's relationship when they visit the abandoned World's Fair.
2. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
3. What does the letter from Joe's mother attempt to convince him to do? Does it work?
4. How is retribution a theme in the story?
5. According to Sam, what kind of relationship do Batman and Robin have?
6. What passion does Joe put into creating Luna Moth?
7. Why does Joe jump from the building?
8. What is one subtle characteristic of Sammy that becomes more apparent at the party he attends with Joe?
9. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
10. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)