|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Julie pay Joe to draw Rosa naked?
2. What does Rosa want Joe to see at the party?
(a) Her magic trick.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her short stories.
(d) Her paintings.
3. What type of art is Joe good at?
4. Who is the owner of Empire Novelty?
(a) Sheldon Anapol.
(b) Jack Ashkenazy.
5. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
(a) An answer to German comics.
(b) An answer to society's angst.
(c) Easy to take advantage of.
(d) Marketing potential.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Kornblum look for in the apartment they break into?
2. What is the name of the moth goddess in the comics?
3. What is the number of the apartment that Kornblum and Joe are unable to get into?
4. Why does Sammy have weak legs?
5. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of the hearing in the story?
2. Why does Sammy like comic books?
3. What does Joe use as an escape?
4. What role does surrealism play in Part VI?
5. In what way is Sammy's sexuality represented?
6. What is one subtle characteristic of Sammy that becomes more apparent at the party he attends with Joe?
7. Describe the party that Sammy and Joe attend.
8. Describe Tommy's relationship with Joe.
9. What is Tommy's view of the adults around him?
10. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)