|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sheldon's nickname?
(b) The Escapist.
2. Where is Sammy's first apartment located?
(a) Jersey City.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Which character has shifted the way comics are viewed when Sammy and Joe begin their work?
(a) Wonder Woman.
4. Where does the European ship docking occur?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
5. What is the name of Joe's younger brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Dali at the party?
2. Who is the owner of Empire Novelty?
3. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
4. What is the name of the man who trained Joe?
5. What is the name of the comic league?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Golem represent?
2. How does Joe feel about the USA?
3. What is one subtle characteristic of Sammy that becomes more apparent at the party he attends with Joe?
4. Which character seeks revenge on Joe in this section and how?
5. Describe the way reality and fiction blur in Sammy's life.
6. Why would Sammy and Joe be marketable?
7. What makes Sam think that Joe is back in town?
8. After reading about the story of an alleged jumper in the paper, why does Joe follow through with his plan in the end?
9. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
10. Why do you think Joe joins the military?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)