|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the comic league?
(a) League of the Diamond Men.
(b) League of the Vanished.
(c) League of the Bronze Horse.
(d) League of the Golden Key.
2. When Joe is finally able to break into an apartment, what type of business does it end up being?
(a) A convenience store.
(b) A small factory.
(c) An accountant's office.
(d) A brothel.
3. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
4. Which character has the most sexual tension surrounding them?
5. What is the name of the moth goddess in the comics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joe's younger brother?
2. What is Joe's motivation to get a job?
3. What do Sammy and Joe want to do at the beginning of the story?
4. What is the name of the man who trained Joe?
5. Which of the following is Sammy most interested in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sammy and Joe's skills and abilities.
2. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
3. Describe comic books as they existed in the novel in 1939.
4. What does Tracy look like? Why is this important?
5. How is Joe's rage shown in the comics that he makes?
6. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
7. Describe Joe.
8. Describe the party that Sammy and Joe attend.
9. In what ways is this book comic-like?
10. Describe the relationship between Sammy and Joe.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)