|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of art is Joe good at?
2. What is the name of the character Joe creates as a result of the party?
(a) Molecule Man.
(b) The Escapist.
(c) Rosie Posie.
(d) Luna Moth.
3. What is the number of the apartment that Kornblum and Joe are unable to get into?
4. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
(a) Sheldon Anapol.
(b) Carl Ebling.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) George Deasy.
5. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
2. What is the name of the man who trained Joe?
3. Who is foreshadowed to be Sammy's love interest?
4. In the first comic, who does The Escapist knock down?
5. Which character inspires Joe to draw a new comic book character?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sam and Rosa's marriage ironic?
2. What passion does Joe put into creating Luna Moth?
3. After reading about the story of an alleged jumper in the paper, why does Joe follow through with his plan in the end?
4. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
5. Why does Joe want to make money?
6. Describe the party that Sammy and Joe attend.
7. Describe Sammy and Rosa's relationship in Part IV.
8. According to Sam, what kind of relationship do Batman and Robin have?
9. What role does the movie Citizen Kane play in the book?
10. What role does surrealism play in Part VI?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)