|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe believe that he sees at the dock?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
2. When Joe is finally able to break into an apartment, what type of business does it end up being?
(a) An accountant's office.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A small factory.
(d) A brothel.
3. Which character inspires Joe to draw a new comic book character?
4. Who is the soul and driver of the comic book project?
5. Which character exhibits madness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe see the crowd watching at the party?
2. What type of art is Joe good at?
3. What is the name of the comic league?
4. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
5. What is the name of the man who works for Race Publications?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Joe's life imitate art?
2. Why does Sam want to leave New York?
3. What role does the movie Citizen Kane play in the book?
4. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
5. What does Tracy look like? Why is this important?
6. In what way is Sammy's sexuality represented?
7. Describe Sammy and Tracy's relationship when they visit the abandoned World's Fair.
8. How is Joe's rage shown in the comics that he makes?
9. Describe the box that Joe receives.
10. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)