|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Joe trained to be?
(a) A professor.
(b) A chef.
(c) A magician.
(d) A writer.
2. How many comic strips have Sammy and Joe drawn in their first weekend collaborating?
3. Who does Joe believe that he sees at the dock?
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about?
(a) A superhero.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The importance of education.
(d) Their autobiographies.
5. How much does Julie pay Joe to draw Rosa naked?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party, who talks to Joe about family?
2. When Joe leaves a note, who does he sign it as from?
3. What is the number of the apartment that Kornblum and Joe are unable to get into?
4. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
5. Where does the European ship docking occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sam and Rosa's marriage ironic?
2. Describe the relationship between Sammy and Joe.
3. In what way does Joe's life imitate art?
4. Why does Joe jump from the building?
5. What role does the movie Citizen Kane play in the book?
6. Describe Sammy and Rosa's relationship in Part IV.
7. Do you think Joe and Sam work better as a team or individuals? Why?
8. According to the book's foreshadowing, which character will play a larger role in the future of the novel? How do you know?
9. How is the death of Joe's brother foreshadowed?
10. Who is the soul and driver of the comic book project?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)