|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character inspires Joe to draw a new comic book character?
2. What has Joe trained to be?
(a) A chef.
(b) A magician.
(c) A writer.
(d) A professor.
3. Who invites Sammy and Joe out to dinner?
(a) Sammy's uncle.
(b) Joe's mother.
(d) Sammy's mother.
4. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
(a) Al Smith.
(b) Sheldon Anapol.
(c) Carl Ebling.
(d) George Deasy.
5. What is "Mysterio?"
(a) An illustrator.
(b) A comic book shop owner.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A magician.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sammy and Joe attend a party, what is the occupation of the man who is honored there?
2. What do Sammy and Joe want to do at the beginning of the story?
3. Who does Joe have rage for?
4. What does Rosa want Joe to see at the party?
5. What is the name of Joe's younger brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does corruption play in the story?
2. In what ways is this book comic-like?
3. What will Joe's life be like after Sam's exposure?
4. Compare Tommy and Joe.
5. In what way is Sammy's sexuality represented?
6. What passion does Joe put into creating Luna Moth?
7. What is one positive thing about Sam's public exposure?
8. Describe Sammy and Tracy's relationship when they visit the abandoned World's Fair.
9. How is Sam and Rosa's marriage ironic?
10. Describe comic books as they existed in the novel in 1939.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)