|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the soul and driver of the comic book project?
2. Which of the following does Hoffman use in his trick?
(a) Tank of water.
(c) Straight talk.
(d) Soda can.
3. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
4. Who invites Sammy and Joe out to dinner?
(a) Sammy's mother.
(b) Joe's mother.
(c) Sammy's uncle.
5. What is Sammy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the most sexual tension surrounding them?
2. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
3. Who is the president of the Empire State Building?
4. What is Sammy's age at the beginning of the novel?
5. What do Joe and Kornblum look for in the apartment they break into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does surrealism play in Part VI?
2. Why does Sam want to leave New York?
3. According to Sam, what kind of relationship do Batman and Robin have?
4. What is the role of the hearing in the story?
5. Describe the box that Joe receives.
6. How does Joe feel about the USA?
7. Describe the way reality and fiction blur in Sammy's life.
8. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
9. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
10. Describe Joe.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)