|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the "Mighty Molecule"?
(a) Joe's father.
(d) Sammy's father.
2. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
3. What is the number of the apartment that Kornblum and Joe are unable to get into?
4. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
5. Which of the following do the Nazis want to seize in Joe's past?
(a) Joe's brother.
(b) A key to the Empire Comics office.
(c) The Golem.
(d) A key to a prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Dali at the party?
2. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
3. What is the name of Rosa's boss?
4. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
5. Where does Rosa volunteer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspires Joe to create a new comic book character?
2. Why is isolation a theme in the story?
3. What is one subtle characteristic of Sammy that becomes more apparent at the party he attends with Joe?
4. Why does Sammy like comic books?
5. What does Joe use as an escape?
6. How is the death of Joe's brother foreshadowed?
7. How does Joe feel about the USA?
8. Do you think Joe and Sam work better as a team or individuals? Why?
9. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
10. What role does the movie Citizen Kane play in the book?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)