|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has seized the Iron Chain?
2. Where has Anapol recently purchased a home?
3. What do Joe and Sammy argue with the Empire Novelties editor and owner about?
(a) Artwork quality.
(b) The use of Hitler.
(c) Story development quality.
4. When Joe is finally able to break into an apartment, what type of business does it end up being?
(a) A brothel.
(b) An accountant's office.
(c) A small factory.
(d) A convenience store.
5. Where does the European ship docking occur?
(a) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the president of the Empire State Building?
2. What percentage of the rights of the comics does Sammy demand?
3. At the party, what does Joe injure?
4. What is the name of Joe's younger brother?
5. How old was Joe when he learned to pick locks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sammy and Rosa's relationship in Part IV.
2. What inspires Joe to create a new comic book character?
3. How is Sam and Rosa's marriage ironic?
4. What role does surrealism play in Part VI?
5. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
6. Describe the way reality and fiction blur in Sammy's life.
7. Which character seeks revenge on Joe in this section and how?
8. How does Joe interpret Sammy and Rosa's marriage?
9. Describe the editor's reaction to Sammy and Joe's first comic.
10. How is the death of Joe's brother foreshadowed?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)