|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe get to New York?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By boat.
2. Where does Joe sail to when he comes to America?
(a) New York.
3. What is Joe's motivation to get a job?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To save his family.
(c) To go back to Prague.
(d) To send money to his brother.
4. When Sammy and Joe attend a party, what is the occupation of the man who is honored there?
(a) An artist.
(b) An actor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A clothing designer.
5. Who does Joe believe that he sees at the dock?
(a) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the soul and driver of the comic book project?
2. Where does Rosa volunteer?
3. How many pages are in the first comic book Sammy and Joe make?
4. Where is Sammy's first apartment located?
5. Which of the following is one of Sam's skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the book's foreshadowing, which character will play a larger role in the future of the novel? How do you know?
2. What does Joe use as an escape?
3. What shatters Sam's fantasy of living a normal life?
4. What has Joe escaped from in his life?
5. Describe comic books as they existed in the novel in 1939.
6. Compare Tommy and Joe.
7. Who is the soul and driver of the comic book project?
8. What is one positive thing about Sam's public exposure?
9. What are the differences between Rosa and Luna Moth?
10. Describe the party that Sammy and Joe attend.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)