|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
2. Which of the following do the Nazis want to seize in Joe's past?
(a) A key to a prison.
(b) A key to the Empire Comics office.
(c) Joe's brother.
(d) The Golem.
3. What is the name of the moth goddess in the comics?
4. According to the comic editors, who must Sammy and Joe stop attacking?
(c) The elderly.
5. Where has Anapol recently purchased a home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sammy's age at the beginning of the novel?
2. When Joe is finally able to break into an apartment, what type of business does it end up being?
3. What is the name of Joe's aunt?
4. What percentage of the rights to the comics do Sammy and Joe receive?
5. What is the name of The Escapist?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Sammy's sexuality represented?
2. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
3. Describe Sammy.
4. After reading about the story of an alleged jumper in the paper, why does Joe follow through with his plan in the end?
5. Why does Joe jump from the building?
6. What role does surrealism play in Part VI?
7. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about? Why?
8. How is Joe's rage shown in the comics that he makes?
9. What makes Sam think that Joe is back in town?
10. What inspires Joe to create a new comic book character?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)