|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who trained Joe?
2. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
3. Which of the following words best describes Sammy?
4. What has Joe trained to be?
(a) A magician.
(b) A professor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A chef.
5. What is the name of the man who works for Race Publications?
(b) Sheldon Anapol.
(c) Jack Ashkenazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party, who talks to Joe about family?
2. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about?
3. When Joe is finally able to break into an apartment, what type of business does it end up being?
4. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
5. Where does Joe sail to when he comes to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shatters Sam's fantasy of living a normal life?
2. Describe Tommy's relationship with Joe.
3. Describe comic books as they existed in the novel in 1939.
4. What role does corruption play in the story?
5. What role does surrealism play in Part VI?
6. What is Hoffman's role in the story?
7. Compare Tommy and Joe.
8. How is the death of Joe's brother foreshadowed?
9. What passion does Joe put into creating Luna Moth?
10. According to Joe, what is the most important question the men must ask themselves when creating comics?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)