|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is raped at the country house?
2. How long does Sammy volunteer his time for a good cause?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 nights.
(c) 1 night.
(d) 2 nights.
3. What is Joe's goal for the comics he makes in Part IV?
(a) To use them to create hate.
(b) To use them to persuade the USA to help those abroad.
(c) To make them more mature.
(d) To make them more family-friendly.
4. At the time the story is told, who is the current president?
5. What is inside the box that Joe opens?
6. Who does Rosa marry?
7. In Joe's mind, what does the box hold?
8. Which of the following does Anapol try to sell?
(a) Empire Comics.
(b) His office.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) His home.
9. Which of the following upsets Joe?
(a) He gets spoiled food at a restaurant.
(b) The ships are delayed.
(c) His mother won't write to him anymore.
(d) He doesn't have a good place to draw.
10. What is located on the floor that Joe plans to jump from?
(b) Observation deck.
(c) Ebling's office.
(d) Coffee shop.
11. Which of the following describes Joe's condition after he falls?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Bruised head.
(c) Not hurt.
(d) Injured back.
12. Where do Rosa and Sammy live?
(d) New York City.
13. Where does Joe go immediately after his fall?
(a) Sam's house.
(b) Empire Comics office.
(d) Candy store.
14. What news does Joe get about the ship his brother is on?
(a) It has been taken hostage.
(b) It sank.
(c) Is is docking.
(d) It is overcrowded.
15. What is the name of the medal Joe receives?
(a) Distinguished Service Medal.
(b) Darling Service Medal.
(c) Dutiful Service Medal.
(d) Distressing Service Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character tries to sabotage Joe on stage at the Hotel Pierre?
2. Which of the following happens to Joe during his performance at a hotel?
3. What does Joe want to buy at the end of the story?
4. Who is buried at the cemetery Joe visits?
5. How old is Joe's son in Part VI?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)