|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joe's son approach Joe?
(a) Coffee shop.
(b) Book store.
(c) Candy store.
2. In Joe's view, which word describes Rosa and Sam's marriage?
3. How does Shannenhouse die?
4. Who are on the floor with Joe when he jumps?
5. Which of the following happens to Joe during his performance at a hotel?
(a) He goes blind for a few moments.
(b) He cuts himself.
(c) He almost drowns.
(d) He trips and breaks his leg.
6. In what branch of the military does Joe enlist?
(c) National Guard.
7. What is the name of the ship that Joe wants his brother to come to America on?
(a) Ark of Miriam.
(b) Ship of Mable.
(c) Misty May Ship.
(d) Ark de France.
8. What is Sam questioned about for the trial?
(a) His family's arrangements.
(b) His motives for writing.
(c) His motive for creating artwork that is anti-Nazi.
(d) His hatred for women.
9. What is the name of Tommy's imagined identity?
(a) Bug Guy.
(c) Luna Moth.
10. What is the name of the sled dog who saves Joe?
11. How many stories does Joe actually fall?
12. How old is Joe's son in Part VI?
13. How does Joe's son disguise himself?
(a) He wears an eye patch.
(b) He pretends to have only one leg.
(c) He wears a wig.
(d) He shaves his head.
14. At James's country house, who is the housekeeper related to?
15. What does Joe want to buy at the end of the story?
(a) A home.
(b) A new costume.
(c) A new comic store.
(d) Empire Comics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose world is most torn apart by the trial?
2. What does Joe say can help a man fly?
3. What is the name of the housekeeper who calls the police?
4. What is the name of Sammy's mother?
5. Where is Joe supposed to be located in Part VI?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)