|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Carl's plans?
2. Who is buried at the cemetery Joe visits?
(b) Joe's brother.
(c) Joe's father.
(d) Harry Houdini.
3. What does Joe want to buy at the end of the story?
(a) A new comic store.
(b) A home.
(c) Empire Comics.
(d) A new costume.
4. Who does Joe get a letter from before going to the Hotel Pierre?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His father.
5. What is located on the floor that Joe plans to jump from?
(a) Observation deck.
(b) Ebling's office.
(d) Coffee shop.
6. On what floor does Joe plan to jump from, according to the news?
7. Whose goal is it to reveal Joe's identity?
8. What movie tickets does Joe get?
(a) Gone with the Wind.
(b) The Jazz Singer.
(c) Singing in the Rain.
(d) Citizen Kane.
9. Where is the Golem from?
(c) New York.
10. What is the shape of the box delivered to Joe?
(a) A small rectangle.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A coffin.
11. Where does Joe stay for a few days following the building incident?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Sam's mother's house.
(c) Tracy's house.
(d) Sam's house.
12. In Joe's view, which word describes Rosa and Sam's marriage?
13. Which of the following characters is Joe attracted to after the building incident?
(a) A comic book artist he met.
(b) Sam's sister.
14. What is the name of the medal Joe receives?
(a) Distressing Service Medal.
(b) Darling Service Medal.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Dutiful Service Medal.
15. What does Joe get ideas from the movie about?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joe is in the military, what do many men die from overnight?
2. Where does Joe go immediately after his fall?
3. What is the Hotel Pierre ballroom decorated to look like?
4. What is the name of the hotel Joe performs at in Part IV?
5. What is the name of the housekeeper who calls the police?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)