|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Rosa's commitment to Sam?
2. How does Shannenhouse die?
3. How does Joe's son disguise himself?
(a) He shaves his head.
(b) He wears an eye patch.
(c) He wears a wig.
(d) He pretends to have only one leg.
4. Which of the following happens to Joe during his performance at a hotel?
(a) He almost drowns.
(b) He goes blind for a few moments.
(c) He cuts himself.
(d) He trips and breaks his leg.
5. On what floor does Joe plan to jump from, according to the news?
6. Who does Joe get a letter from before going to the Hotel Pierre?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
7. Which character is most stunned by Tracy's good looks?
(a) Joe's mother.
(b) Sammy's mother.
8. Where does Joe go immediately after his fall?
(b) Sam's house.
(c) Empire Comics office.
(d) Candy store.
9. What news does Joe get about the ship his brother is on?
(a) Is is docking.
(b) It has been taken hostage.
(c) It is overcrowded.
(d) It sank.
10. Who is buried at the cemetery Joe visits?
(b) Joe's brother.
(c) Harry Houdini.
(d) Joe's father.
11. Which of the following characters is Joe attracted to after the building incident?
(c) Sam's sister.
(d) A comic book artist he met.
12. In what month does Joe find that the ships are delayed?
13. What is the name of the housekeeper who calls the police?
14. Which of the following upsets Joe?
(a) The ships are delayed.
(b) He doesn't have a good place to draw.
(c) His mother won't write to him anymore.
(d) He gets spoiled food at a restaurant.
15. How old is Joe's son in Part VI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Carl's plans?
2. Where does Joe stay for a few days following the building incident?
3. At the time the story is told, who is the current president?
4. What is located on the floor that Joe plans to jump from?
5. To Sammy, which of the following is the biggest burden?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)