|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the number of the apartment that Kornblum and Joe are unable to get into?
2. How does Joe get to New York?
(a) By boat.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
3. What is the name of the man who offers a radio deal?
(b) James Love.
(d) Al Smith.
4. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about?
(a) A superhero.
(b) The importance of education.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) Their autobiographies.
5. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
6. Who invites Sammy and Joe out to dinner?
(a) Sammy's mother.
(c) Sammy's uncle.
(d) Joe's mother.
7. How many comic strips have Sammy and Joe drawn in their first weekend collaborating?
8. How old was Joe when he learned to pick locks?
9. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
10. What is the name of the man who trained Joe?
11. What does Joe see the crowd watching at the party?
(a) A fruit fly.
(b) A worm.
(c) A moth.
(d) A bowl of fruit.
12. What is the name of Rosa's boss?
13. When Joe leaves a note, who does he sign it as from?
(b) The Escapist.
(d) Might Molecule.
14. What percentage of the rights of the comics does Sammy demand?
15. Who does Joe believe that he sees at the dock?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who works for Race Publications?
2. Who does Joe begin dating?
3. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
4. What do Sammy and Joe want to do at the beginning of the story?
5. Which character has shifted the way comics are viewed when Sammy and Joe begin their work?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)