|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosa want Joe to see at the party?
(a) Her short stories.
(b) Her paintings.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her magic trick.
2. Where is Sammy's first apartment located?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Jersey City.
3. Who invites Sammy and Joe out to dinner?
(a) Sammy's mother.
(b) Sammy's uncle.
(c) Joe's mother.
4. What is Joe's last name?
5. What is "Mysterio?"
(a) A soldier.
(b) A magician.
(c) A comic book shop owner.
(d) An illustrator.
6. According to the comic editors, who must Sammy and Joe stop attacking?
(d) The elderly.
7. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
8. What do Joe and Sammy argue with the Empire Novelties editor and owner about?
(a) Story development quality.
(c) The use of Hitler.
(d) Artwork quality.
9. What has Joe trained to be?
(a) A chef.
(b) A writer.
(c) A professor.
(d) A magician.
10. What is the name of Joe's aunt?
11. Where does Joe sail to when he comes to America?
(d) New York.
12. Which character inspires Joe to draw a new comic book character?
13. Which of the following is one of Sam's skills?
(a) Drawing naked figures.
(b) Drawing super heroes.
(c) Creating risque dialogue.
(d) Showing inner depth.
14. What is Joe's motivation to get a job?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To go back to Prague.
(c) To send money to his brother.
(d) To save his family.
15. What does Joe handcuff himself to?
(a) A drawing table.
(b) A sinking ship.
(c) A magician's table.
(d) A desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the "Molecule" die?
2. What is the name of the man who will play The Escapist on the radio?
3. Which of the following do the Nazis want to seize in Joe's past?
4. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about?
5. How much does Julie pay Joe to draw Rosa naked?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)