|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the rights of the comics does Sammy demand?
2. Who does Joe begin dating?
3. What is the name of the comic league?
(a) League of the Bronze Horse.
(b) League of the Vanished.
(c) League of the Diamond Men.
(d) League of the Golden Key.
4. What is the name of the boy that Sammy and Joe go to for help with their comics?
5. What is Sammy's age at the beginning of the novel?
6. Who invites Sammy and Joe to a party?
7. Which character exhibits madness?
8. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
9. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
10. What is Joe's occupation at the beginning of the story?
11. How many pages are in the first comic book Sammy and Joe make?
12. What does Joe see the crowd watching at the party?
(a) A worm.
(b) A fruit fly.
(c) A moth.
(d) A bowl of fruit.
13. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
(a) George Deasy.
(b) Sheldon Anapol.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) Carl Ebling.
14. Who is the owner of Empire Novelty?
(a) Sheldon Anapol.
(d) Jack Ashkenazy.
15. What percentage of the rights to the comics do Sammy and Joe receive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of the apartment that Kornblum and Joe are unable to get into?
2. At the party, what does Joe injure?
3. According to the comic editors, who must Sammy and Joe stop attacking?
4. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
5. Where does Rosa volunteer?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)