|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who offers a radio deal?
(c) James Love.
(d) Al Smith.
2. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
3. What do Joe and Sammy argue with the Empire Novelties editor and owner about?
(a) The use of Hitler.
(b) Story development quality.
(d) Artwork quality.
4. Which of the following words best describes Sammy?
5. Who has seized the Iron Chain?
6. Who is the owner of Empire Novelty?
(a) Jack Ashkenazy.
(d) Sheldon Anapol.
7. How many pages are in the first comic book Sammy and Joe make?
8. What is the name of The Escapist?
9. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
(a) An answer to German comics.
(b) An answer to society's angst.
(c) Easy to take advantage of.
(d) Marketing potential.
10. What has Joe trained to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) A professor.
(c) A chef.
(d) A magician.
11. What is "Mysterio?"
(a) An illustrator.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A comic book shop owner.
(d) A magician.
12. In the comic book, what is Luna Moth's former name?
(a) July Darling.
(b) Layla Flynn.
(c) Judy Dark.
(d) Regalia Doom.
13. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
14. Which character inspires Joe to draw a new comic book character?
15. What does Joe handcuff himself to?
(a) A magician's table.
(b) A drawing table.
(c) A sinking ship.
(d) A desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the most sexual tension surrounding them?
2. Which of the following does Hoffman use in his trick?
3. What does Rosa want Joe to see at the party?
4. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
5. What is the name of the boy that Sammy and Joe go to for help with their comics?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)