|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who trained Joe?
2. What is Joe's motivation to get a job?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To save his family.
(c) To send money to his brother.
(d) To go back to Prague.
3. What is the name of the man who works for Race Publications?
(b) Jack Ashkenazy.
(d) Sheldon Anapol.
4. What does Joe handcuff himself to?
(a) A sinking ship.
(b) A desk.
(c) A drawing table.
(d) A magician's table.
5. Who is foreshadowed to be Sammy's love interest?
6. What is the name of the comic league?
(a) League of the Bronze Horse.
(b) League of the Vanished.
(c) League of the Diamond Men.
(d) League of the Golden Key.
7. What do Joe and Sammy argue with the Empire Novelties editor and owner about?
(a) The use of Hitler.
(b) Story development quality.
(d) Artwork quality.
8. In the first comic, who does The Escapist knock down?
(b) Sammy's father.
(d) The United States president.
9. Where does the European ship docking occur?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
10. What is the name of Joe's father?
11. What is the name of The Escapist?
12. What is Sheldon's nickname?
(d) The Escapist.
13. Which of the following do the Nazis want to seize in Joe's past?
(a) The Golem.
(b) A key to a prison.
(c) Joe's brother.
(d) A key to the Empire Comics office.
14. What percentage of the rights of the comics does Sammy demand?
15. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
2. What type of art is Joe good at?
3. What does Anapol fear?
4. What is the name of Joe's younger brother?
5. Who does Joe have rage for?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)