|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joe sail to when he comes to America?
(d) New York.
2. Where does the European ship docking occur?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
3. Which character exhibits madness?
4. How does Joe get to New York?
(a) By bus.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By boat.
5. What is the name of the man who wants to get retribution for Joe and Sammy's anti-Nazi comics?
(a) Sheldon Anapol.
(b) George Deasy.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) Carl Ebling.
6. Who invites Sammy and Joe out to dinner?
(a) Sammy's mother.
(c) Joe's mother.
(d) Sammy's uncle.
7. What is Sheldon's nickname?
(b) The Escapist.
8. On what floor is Empire Comics located?
9. What is the name of the Empire Novelties editor?
10. Which character has shifted the way comics are viewed when Sammy and Joe begin their work?
(b) Wonder Woman.
11. Where does Rosa volunteer?
(a) The Humane Shelter.
(b) The Rescue Agency.
(c) The Thrift Shop.
(d) The Adoption Agency.
12. What is the name of the character Joe creates as a result of the party?
(a) The Escapist.
(b) Molecule Man.
(c) Rosie Posie.
(d) Luna Moth.
13. What do Sammy and Joe want to do at the beginning of the story?
(a) Repeal a comic book ban.
(b) Make money.
(c) Incite a revolution.
(d) Appeal to a young audience.
14. Who is The Escapist allegedly a copy of?
15. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Kornblum look for in the apartment they break into?
2. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
3. What do Joe and Sammy argue with the Empire Novelties editor and owner about?
4. Where has Anapol recently purchased a home?
5. What type of art is Joe good at?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)