|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the European ship docking occur?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
2. Which of the following do the Nazis want to seize in Joe's past?
(a) A key to the Empire Comics office.
(b) Joe's brother.
(c) A key to a prison.
(d) The Golem.
3. What type of art is Joe good at?
4. In the first comic, who does The Escapist knock down?
(a) Sammy's father.
(d) The United States president.
5. What is Sammy's age at the beginning of the novel?
6. At the party, what does Joe injure?
(a) His finger.
(b) His arm.
(c) His back.
(d) His neck.
7. What consulate does Joe visit in attempts to help his family?
8. When Joe is finally able to break into an apartment, what type of business does it end up being?
(a) An accountant's office.
(b) A small factory.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A brothel.
9. What do Joe and Kornblum look for in the apartment they break into?
(a) A key.
(b) A comic book.
(c) An important document.
(d) The Golem.
10. Who does Joe have rage for?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The Jewish.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Germans.
11. Who is the owner of Empire Novelty?
(a) Sheldon Anapol.
(b) Jack Ashkenazy.
12. Who is foreshadowed to be Sammy's love interest?
13. Who invites Sammy and Joe to a party?
14. Where does Rosa volunteer?
(a) The Adoption Agency.
(b) The Rescue Agency.
(c) The Thrift Shop.
(d) The Humane Shelter.
15. What is the name of the moth goddess in the comics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Luna possess that Rosa does not?
2. What is Sammy's last name?
3. Which character has shifted the way comics are viewed when Sammy and Joe begin their work?
4. Which of the following does Hoffman use in his trick?
5. What is the name of The Escapist?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)