|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the rights to the comics do Sammy and Joe receive?
2. What do Joe and Kornblum look for in the apartment they break into?
(a) A key.
(b) The Golem.
(c) A comic book.
(d) An important document.
3. What word best describes comic books in 1939?
4. What is the name of the comic league?
(a) League of the Golden Key.
(b) League of the Vanished.
(c) League of the Bronze Horse.
(d) League of the Diamond Men.
5. What does Deasy see in Joe and Sammy?
(a) An answer to society's angst.
(b) Easy to take advantage of.
(c) An answer to German comics.
(d) Marketing potential.
6. Which character has shifted the way comics are viewed when Sammy and Joe begin their work?
(d) Wonder Woman.
7. How many comic strips have Sammy and Joe drawn in their first weekend collaborating?
8. What is the name of Joe's father?
9. Which of the following words best describes Sammy?
10. How does Joe get to New York?
(a) By car.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
11. Which character inspires Joe to draw a new comic book character?
12. What is the name of the man who offers a radio deal?
(b) Al Smith.
(d) James Love.
13. At the party, what does Joe injure?
(a) His neck.
(b) His finger.
(c) His arm.
(d) His back.
14. What do Joe and Sammy want to make comic books about?
(a) Their autobiographies.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The importance of education.
(d) A superhero.
15. Which of the following is one of Sam's skills?
(a) Drawing super heroes.
(b) Showing inner depth.
(c) Creating risque dialogue.
(d) Drawing naked figures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of The Escapist?
2. Where does Joe's family live?
3. What is the name of the man who will play The Escapist on the radio?
4. What has Joe trained to be?
5. What does Joe see the crowd watching at the party?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)