|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
2. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
3. How does Salieri cope with his insight into Mozart's talent?
4. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
5. What animal is Constanze imitating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem with Salieri's drive for fame?
2. Why does Salieri rush out into the street on hearing Mozart's music?
3. For what reason might the scene in the Baroness's library be considered ironic?
4. What is the importance of the scene in which Salieri's home is contrasted with that of the Mozart family?
5. Account for Salieri's shout from the chair as he listens to Mozart and Constanze play their bawdy game.
6. What concrete information about Mozart is passed to Salieri by the Venticelli?
7. What is Salieri hinting at when he says his servants will be 'even more surprised tomorrow'?
8. What is Salieri's fate?
9. What is the significance of 'the figure in gray' that haunts Mozart's dreams?
10. What significant observations about art does Salieri make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way in which humor is woven into the events depicted in Amadeus.
Essay Topic 2
Does Amadeus qualify as an example of tragedy? Is there a tragic hero and what makes him such?
Essay Topic 3
While not all people appreciate classical music, this play has been enormously successful throughout the word. How do you account for the success of Amadeus?
This section contains 1,528 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)