Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into which well-known piece does Mozart transform Salieri's march of welcome?
2. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
3. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
4. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
5. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to his personal battle with Mozart, how is the deterioration of Salieri's relationship with God demonstrated in this part of the play?
2. In what way does Salieri contradict himself in the scene in which he attempts to seduce Constanze?
3. What happens in this scene to essentially perform the coup-de-grace for Mozart?
4. What does his comment about his requirement in a wife reveal about Salieri's character?
5. Comment on the conflict in this library scene.
6. What is the importance of the scene in which Salieri's home is contrasted with that of the Mozart family?
7. How does the play open?
8. Comment on the dramatic function of the Venticelli in the opening scene.
9. What is the significance of 'the figure in gray' that haunts Mozart's dreams?
10. What is the significance of the golden light that bathes the Emperor and his court?
'The real tragedy is Salieri's. He kills nothing but his own soul.' Do you agree?
"Mozart embraces life honestly, lives it fully and renders its complexity in his music. Salieri buries his passions in conventional living and is only capable of conventional art '. Discuss this statement with close reference to the text.
Explore the way in which jealousy is dealt with in Amadeus. How has this affected the lives of at least TWO characters? You might like to consider the effects on personality as well as life outcome.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)