|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which notable woman is the Emperor's sister?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Maria Theresa.
(c) Marie Ste Juste.
(d) Marie Antionette.
2. What promise to Mozart does Salieri fail to honor?
(a) That he will speak to the Emperor about the tutoring work with Princess Elizabeth.
(b) That he will help Mozart by re-writing the act.
(c) That he will explain the mistake to Orsini-Rosenberg.
(d) That he will speak to the Emperor about attending a rehearsal.
3. Which composer wrote the opera Semiramide performed in Munich?
4. What works has Mozart written during the same time?
(a) Keyboard concerti and the string quartets.
(b) Only two violin concerti.
(c) Music for the popular theatre.
(d) The opera Guilio Cesere.
5. How does Mozart react to news of his salary?
(a) With delight.
(b) With delight and gratitude.
(c) With disappointment and anger.
(d) With skepticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Salieri hidden?
2. What words are whispered at the beginning of the play?
3. How does Rosenberg sum up the effect of 'Non piu andrai'?
4. What word does Mozart use to describe the singer he has engaged to play the lead in his opera?
5. Which character receives a kiss from Salieri?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)