|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
(a) Count Rosenberg.
(b) Leopold Mozart.
(c) Emperor Joseph II
(d) Baron Van Swieten.
2. Into which well-known piece does Mozart transform Salieri's march of welcome?
(a) The Finale from The Abduction From the Seraglio.
(b) The march from The Marriage of Figaro.
(c) The Entry of the Gods into Valhalla.
(d) The Grand March from Aida.
3. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
(a) The Venticelli.
(c) Baron Van Swieten.
(d) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
4. Who is the lead singer Mozart has engaged?
(a) Rosa Ponselle.
(b) Salieri's wife Theresa.
(c) Constanze Weber.
(d) Salieri's pupil Katharina Cavalieri.
5. How had Mozart disobeyed his father?
(a) By composing The Abduction from the Seraglio.
(b) By leaving Salzburg.
(c) By marrying against his advice.
(d) By working for the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salieri do when he looks over the manuscript for the Requiem Mass?
2. To what does Salieri compare the opening measures of the music he hears?
3. What animal is Constanze imitating?
4. Why do Constanze and Wolfgang stop their private game?
5. What desperate measure of Mozart's do the Venticelli inform Salieri about?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)