|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) An invocation.
(b) A salutation.
(c) A circumlocution.
(d) An imbrocation.
2. What does Salieri notice about Mozart during the applause for the opera?
(a) That he is disappointed in the staging.
(b) His drunken state.
(c) His frailty and mortality.
(d) His shabby clothes.
3. Who formally introduces Mozart and Salieri?
(a) Constanze Weber.
(b) The Emperor Joseph II.
(c) Van Swieten.
(d) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
4. How does Salieri now plan to destroy Mozart?
(a) By driving him into destitution.
(b) By poisoning him with arsenic.
(c) By turning Constanze against him.
(d) By getting the Venticelli to spread malicious rumors.
5. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
(a) Orlando Furioso.
(b) The Death of Mediocrity.
(c) The Death of Mozart.
(d) The Death of the Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
2. What has happened to Leopold Mozart's letters?
3. What nationality is Katharina Cavalieri?
4. Who does Mozart blame for his disappoint in the matter of Princess Elizabeth?
5. What does Constanze do with the last of their money?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)