|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
(a) 'Deliberate' for the way he has made things happen and the way he has decorated his house.
(b) The word 'lavish' to connect praise and furnishings.
(c) The adjective 'golden'--for opinions and the furniture that reflects his success.
(d) 'Incomprenensible' to apply to his success and his wife's taste in furniture.
2. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
(a) He believes this will make the art form decline.
(b) He thinks all opera should be funny.
(c) He believes opera should be about real people.
(d) He believes they are too hard for singers to master.
3. What does Mozart suggest is the answer to his problems?
(a) He could find more pupils.
(b) He could go to Prague to premiere an opera.
(c) He could apply to the Emperor for a new position.
(d) He could go to England, where music is loved.
4. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
(a) The idea for some new music.
(b) Constanze's annoyance.
(c) The mention of his father.
(d) Respect for the Baroness.
5. When Salieri speaks of 'the Creature,' to whom is he referring?
(a) A Venticello.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) Constanze Mozart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mozart's reaction to Constanze's game with the Venticelli?
2. To what does Salieri compare the opening measures of the music he hears?
3. What nationality is Katharina Cavalieri?
4. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
5. What insight does Salieri experience when he hears 'Marten Aller Arten' being sung?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)