|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous composer calls Mozart's work 'unsurpassed'?
2. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
(a) Nineteenth century citizens of Verona.
(b) Eighteenth century citizens of Vienna.
(c) Salieri's cousins and nineteenth century neighbors.
(d) Nineteenth century citizens of Venezia.
3. Who plays the 'march of welcome' for Mozart?
(a) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(b) Von Strack.
(d) The Emperor.
4. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(b) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
(c) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(d) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
5. What nationality is Katharina Cavalieri?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
2. What wish of Salieri's is granted at this point?
3. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
4. How does Salieri now plan to destroy Mozart?
5. Who does Mozart blame for his disappoint in the matter of Princess Elizabeth?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)