|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mozart disclose to Salieri at the beginning of the next scene?
(a) That he is doing badly--no money and no prospect of earning any.
(b) That he has a new idea for an operatic piece.
(c) That he is ill and worried about money.
(d) That he has been commissioned to write a Mass.
2. What makes Von Strack very cross?
(a) That Salieri and Orsini-Rosenberg speak before him in Italian.
(b) That Salieri is after his position.
(c) That Mozart's opera is already in rehearsal.
(d) That Mozart has finished the opera very quickly.
3. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(b) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
(c) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(d) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
4. Which character receives a kiss from Salieri?
(a) His wife.
(c) Constanze Weber.
(d) Katharina Cavalieri.
5. What other virtue does Salieri relinquish?
(a) The virtue of abstinence: he eats and drinks lavishly.
(b) The virtue of kindness: he is excessively mean to people.
(c) The virtue of love: he now hates everyone and intends to use them.
(d) Social virtue: he resigns from all his committees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Salieri's servants?
2. What wicked vision does Salieri say he now has?
3. Into which well-known piece does Mozart transform Salieri's march of welcome?
4. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
5. How did Leopold Mozart respond to his son's request?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)