|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
(a) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(b) Baron Van Swieten.
(c) The Venticelli.
2. How old is Salieri in the first scene of the play?
3. About whom does the Emperor make the comment: 'I daresay he can't do much harm'?
(a) Count Von Strack.
(b) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(c) Herr Sommer.
(d) The First Venticello.
4. What makes Von Strack very cross?
(a) That Salieri and Orsini-Rosenberg speak before him in Italian.
(b) That Mozart has finished the opera very quickly.
(c) That Mozart's opera is already in rehearsal.
(d) That Salieri is after his position.
5. Which character receives a kiss from Salieri?
(a) Constanze Weber.
(b) His wife.
(c) Katharina Cavalieri.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salieri cope with his insight into Mozart's talent?
2. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
3. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
4. How did Leopold Mozart respond to his son's request?
5. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)