|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leopold Mozart respond to his son's request?
(a) He suggested a compromise.
(b) He did not reply.
(c) He accapted readily.
(d) He refused
2. What works has Mozart written during the same time?
(a) Music for the popular theatre.
(b) The opera Guilio Cesere.
(c) Keyboard concerti and the string quartets.
(d) Only two violin concerti.
3. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) An invocation.
(b) An imbrocation.
(c) A salutation.
(d) A circumlocution.
4. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
(a) Nineteenth century citizens of Venezia.
(b) Salieri's cousins and nineteenth century neighbors.
(c) Nineteenth century citizens of Verona.
(d) Eighteenth century citizens of Vienna.
5. What makes Von Strack very cross?
(a) That Mozart's opera is already in rehearsal.
(b) That Salieri is after his position.
(c) That Mozart has finished the opera very quickly.
(d) That Salieri and Orsini-Rosenberg speak before him in Italian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salieri find a compensation for ghastly encounters at the Baroness's?
2. Who does Salieri claim is the inspiration for the Ghost in Don Giovanni?
3. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
4. What does Constanze's return to Salieri show us?
5. What does Salieri recognize in Figaro's song 'Non piu andrai'?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)