|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Salieri in the first scene of the play?
2. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(a) Northern Hispaniola.
(b) Northern Italy.
(d) Southern Italy.
3. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
(a) 'Too many notes.'
(b) 'Too many high notes.'
(c) 'Too many songs.'
(d) 'Too many costumes.'
4. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
(b) Rich people are mediocre.
(c) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(d) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
5. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
(b) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(c) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(d) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
2. How old was Mozart when the Emperor last met him?
3. What wicked vision does Salieri say he now has?
4. How does Mozart defend his work?
5. Why is Mozart so enthusiastic about vocal quartets?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)