|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other virtue does Salieri relinquish?
(a) The virtue of kindness: he is excessively mean to people.
(b) The virtue of love: he now hates everyone and intends to use them.
(c) The virtue of abstinence: he eats and drinks lavishly.
(d) Social virtue: he resigns from all his committees.
2. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
(a) He believes this will make the art form decline.
(b) He believes opera should be about real people.
(c) He believes they are too hard for singers to master.
(d) He thinks all opera should be funny.
3. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
(a) 'Too many high notes.'
(b) 'Too many costumes.'
(c) 'Too many notes.'
(d) 'Too many songs.'
4. Which Mozart opera is being performed in this scene?
(a) The Abduction from the Seraglio.
(b) Don Giovanni.
(c) Cosi Fan Tutte.
(d) La Cenerentola.
5. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
(a) He screams.
(b) He stuffs his ears so he cannot hear the music.
(c) He runs out into the street.
(d) He demands that Mozart stop playing immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Salieri compare the opening measures of the music he hears?
2. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
3. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
4. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
5. Who does Mozart blame for his disappoint in the matter of Princess Elizabeth?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)