|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Von Strack very cross?
(a) That Mozart's opera is already in rehearsal.
(b) That Mozart has finished the opera very quickly.
(c) That Salieri and Orsini-Rosenberg speak before him in Italian.
(d) That Salieri is after his position.
2. Which composer wrote the opera Semiramide performed in Munich?
3. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(a) Southern Italy.
(b) Northern Hispaniola.
(c) Northern Italy.
4. Who was an influential teacher of Salieri?
5. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is appalled.
(d) He thinks it is outrageously funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lead singer Mozart has engaged?
2. When Salieri left Italy, how old was Mozart?
3. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
4. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
5. What is the problem concerning The Marriage of Figaro?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)