|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) The Emperor tells him.
(b) The Venticelli tell him.
(c) Count Rosenberg tells him.
(d) His wife tells him.
2. How does Salieri intend to adapt the Legend of Danaius?
(a) As a huge tragic opera.
(b) As a huge choral symphony.
(c) As a comic opera in six acts.
(d) As a chamber opera for four voices and a crumhorn.
3. What wicked vision does Salieri say he now has?
(a) He imagines himself poisoning Mozart.
(b) He imagines himself seducing Mozart's Constanze.
(c) He imagines himself putting Mozart to the sword.
(d) He sees Mozart chained to a rock for eternity.
4. How old was Mozart when the Emperor last met him?
5. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
(a) The Hollsteins.
(b) The Bonbons.
(c) The Hapsburgs.
(d) The Bourbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character receives a kiss from Salieri?
2. What is holding up Wolfgang's and Constanze's marriage?
3. Where is the opera's story set?
4. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
5. Where does Salieri say he was born?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)