|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Emperor say would be fun?
(a) Fetes and fireworks in the courtyard.
(b) A comic opera by Mozart.
(c) A competition between Mozart and some other virtuoso.
(d) A competition between Mozart and Haydn.
2. What word does Mozart use to describe the singer he has engaged to play the lead in his opera?
(c) Extra talented.
(d) Excessively beautiful.
3. How does Salieri refer to his servants?
(a) As The gossiping Ventrecelli.
(b) As the Kappellmeister's Baker and The Keeper of the Salt.
(c) As The Keeper of the Razor and The Maker of the Cakes.
(d) As The Keeper of the Purse and The Maker of the Cakes.
4. Who formally introduces Mozart and Salieri?
(a) The Emperor Joseph II.
(b) Constanze Weber.
(c) Van Swieten.
(d) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
5. Who plays the 'march of welcome' for Mozart?
(a) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(b) Von Strack.
(c) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Constanze secure for husband the job of tutor to Princess Elizabeth?
2. Who does Mozart blame for his disappoint in the matter of Princess Elizabeth?
3. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
4. What makes Von Strack very cross?
5. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)