|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of the Emperor's yawn?
(a) Mozart is crushed emotionally and Salieri must show his sympathy.
(b) The opera is hardly every performed.
(c) Mozart is crushed emotionally and Salieri is delighted.
(d) Encores will be banned in the future.
2. What does Constanze's return to Salieri show us?
(a) That she is prepared to make a great sacrifice for the husband she loves.
(b) That she is a sex addict.
(c) That she is a loose and dishonorable woman.
(d) That Salieri is compellingly attractive to women.
3. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
(a) 'Deliberate' for the way he has made things happen and the way he has decorated his house.
(b) The adjective 'golden'--for opinions and the furniture that reflects his success.
(c) 'Incomprenensible' to apply to his success and his wife's taste in furniture.
(d) The word 'lavish' to connect praise and furnishings.
4. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
(b) Puerperal fever.
(c) Rheumatic fever.
5. What does Salieri recognize in Figaro's song 'Non piu andrai'?
(a) A phrase from the Dies Irae.
(b) Mozart's variations on 'Twinkle, Little Star'.
(c) Salieri's own overture to Semiramide.
(d) Salieri's own little 'March of Welcome'.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Venticelli, how many pupils does Mozart have?
2. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
3. Into which well-known piece does Mozart transform Salieri's march of welcome?
4. How did Salieri's family feel about the Austrian Empire?
5. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)