|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mozart defend his work?
(a) He tells the Emperor it is the best opera ever written in Europe.
(b) He says it is exciting.
(c) He says it is full of proper German virtues.
(d) He says it is in German, so people will understand it.
2. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
(b) The Venticelli.
(c) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(d) Baron Van Swieten.
3. What does Salieri say is the effect of the slowness in the music?
4. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
(a) Apply for Salieri's job.
(b) Kiss the Emperor's hand.
(c) Give concerts.
(d) Hide from his father.
5. How does Mozart insult Count Orsini-Rosenberg?
(a) He makes an obscene gesture and laughs.
(b) He tells him he looks like a toad.
(c) He tells him he looks like a turd.
(d) He tells him he is fat as a toad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solo instrument sounds a single note?
2. Who formally introduces Mozart and Salieri?
3. What excuse does Salieri offer for not himself trying some variations on the march of welcome?
4. What position is Mozart interested in applying for?
5. What is Mozart's reaction to Constanze's game with the Venticelli?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)