|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Emperor say would be fun?
(a) Fetes and fireworks in the courtyard.
(b) A comic opera by Mozart.
(c) A competition between Mozart and some other virtuoso.
(d) A competition between Mozart and Haydn.
2. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
(a) Leopold Mozart.
(c) Johann Strauss II.
(d) Richard Strauss.
3. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
(a) The idea for some new music.
(b) Constanze's annoyance.
(c) Respect for the Baroness.
(d) The mention of his father.
4. To what does Salieri compare the opening measures of the music he hears?
(a) A rusty triangle.
(b) A tired crumhorn.
(c) A rusty squeezebox.
(d) A dusty oboe.
5. How does Mozart insult Count Orsini-Rosenberg?
(a) He tells him he is fat as a toad.
(b) He tells him he looks like a turd.
(c) He tells him he looks like a toad.
(d) He makes an obscene gesture and laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salieri describe 'Marten Aller Arten'?
2. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
3. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
4. What excuse does Salieri offer for not himself trying some variations on the march of welcome?
5. What wicked vision does Salieri say he now has?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)