|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
(a) The Venticelli.
(c) Baron Van Swieten.
(d) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
2. How does Salieri describe Mozart at the end of this scene?
(a) As a naive child.
(b) As a heavenly presence.
(c) As an obscene child.
(d) As an obscene gypsy.
3. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
(a) To have seven sons, all musicians.
(b) To become First Royal Kapellmeister.
(c) To become the Court Composer.
(d) To write the perfect opera.
4. What excuse does Salieri offer for not himself trying some variations on the march of welcome?
(a) He says he has a music lesson to give.
(b) He says he must attend on the Emperor.
(c) He says the Emperor wouldn't like it.
(d) He says his wife is feeling poorly.
5. When Salieri left Italy, how old was Mozart?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
2. In the context of the play, how long has it been since Mozart's death?
3. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
4. How does Salieri describe 'Marten Aller Arten'?
5. On what instrument does Mozart play Salieri's march?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)