|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks the child Mozart up after his fall?
(a) Marie Antionette.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Emperor's mother.
2. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) A circumlocution.
(b) An invocation.
(c) An imbrocation.
(d) A salutation.
3. How does Salieri describe 'Marten Aller Arten'?
(a) He describes it as the showiest aria he has ever heard.
(b) He describes it as the most banal aria he has ever heard.
(c) He describes it as having too many notes.
(d) He describes it as astoundingly beautiful.
4. To what does Salieri compare the opening measures of the music he hears?
(a) A rusty squeezebox.
(b) A rusty triangle.
(c) A tired crumhorn.
(d) A dusty oboe.
5. Salieri describes the opera's music as an excellent match for what?
(a) Viennese tastes.
(b) Mozart's vulgar coat.
(c) The lead soprano's voice.
(d) Vulgar tastes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work has the Emperor commissioned Mozart to write?
2. Who is the lead singer Mozart has engaged?
3. What surprises Salieri's servants?
4. What nationality is Katharina Cavalieri?
5. How does Salieri finally realize the extent of Mozart's talent?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)