|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He is excited and full of anticipation.
(d) He is happy.
2. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
(a) Hide from his father.
(b) Kiss the Emperor's hand.
(c) Give concerts.
(d) Apply for Salieri's job.
3. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
4. What excuse does Salieri offer for not himself trying some variations on the march of welcome?
(a) He says his wife is feeling poorly.
(b) He says he has a music lesson to give.
(c) He says he must attend on the Emperor.
(d) He says the Emperor wouldn't like it.
5. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
(a) Baron Van Swieten.
(b) Emperor Joseph II
(c) Leopold Mozart.
(d) Count Rosenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who formally introduces Mozart and Salieri?
2. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
3. Where is the opera's story set?
4. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
5. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)