|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(b) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
(c) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(d) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
2. Who was an influential teacher of Salieri?
3. What solo instrument sounds a single note?
(a) A crumhorn.
(b) A viola.
(c) An oboe.
(d) An organ.
4. In which room at the Baroness's does Salieri first see Mozart?
(a) The atrium.
(b) The library.
(c) The music room.
(d) The ballroom.
5. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
(a) To recognise his music.
(b) To praise his music.
(c) To intercede for him with the saints.
(d) To be his confessors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the context of the play, how long has it been since Mozart's death?
2. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
3. How old is Salieri in the first scene of the play?
4. Where does Salieri finally meet Mozart?
5. How did Salieri's family feel about the Austrian Empire?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)