|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(b) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
(c) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(d) Rich people are mediocre.
2. Who plays the 'march of welcome' for Mozart?
(a) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(b) The Emperor.
(d) Von Strack.
3. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
(a) Always knowing what your wife is doing behind your back.
(b) Always knowing how to get the best value at the markets.
(c) Always knowing what is going on behind your back.
(d) Always knowing what your publisher is doing behind your back.
4. Where does Salieri finally meet Mozart?
(a) At the Statsoper.
(b) At Baroness Waldstadten's.
(c) At the Imperial Palace.
(d) At the Belvedere.
5. Where is the opera's story set?
(a) In a grand mansion.
(b) In a coffee shop.
(c) In a harem.
(d) In a Masonic lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
2. How does Salieri describe Mozart at the end of this scene?
3. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
4. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
5. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)