|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work has the Emperor commissioned Mozart to write?
(a) An opera.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A concerto.
(d) A string quartet.
2. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) An invocation.
(b) A salutation.
(c) A circumlocution.
(d) An imbrocation.
3. What is Rosenberg's opinion of prodigies?
(a) He is in awe of them.
(b) He is jealous of them.
(c) He finds them hateful.
(d) He finds them adorable.
4. In which room at the Baroness's does Salieri first see Mozart?
(a) The atrium.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The music room.
(d) The library.
5. Who is the lead singer Mozart has engaged?
(a) Salieri's pupil Katharina Cavalieri.
(b) Constanze Weber.
(c) Rosa Ponselle.
(d) Salieri's wife Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
2. In what language does Salieri speak when he is excited, according to one of the Venticelli?
3. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
4. What animal is Mozart pretending to be?
5. What word does Mozart use to describe the singer he has engaged to play the lead in his opera?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)