|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Katharina Cavalieri?
2. Into which well-known piece does Mozart transform Salieri's march of welcome?
(a) The march from The Marriage of Figaro.
(b) The Finale from The Abduction From the Seraglio.
(c) The Grand March from Aida.
(d) The Entry of the Gods into Valhalla.
3. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
(a) Kiss the Emperor's hand.
(b) Apply for Salieri's job.
(c) Hide from his father.
(d) Give concerts.
4. What surprises Salieri's servants?
(a) His declaration that he will not go to bed that night.
(b) That he will eat cakes in bed that night.
(c) That he will shave himself in future.
(d) That he is sick of eating cakes.
5. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(b) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
(c) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(d) Rich people are mediocre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
2. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
3. What wicked vision does Salieri say he now has?
4. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
5. What was Salieri's home town?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)