|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salieri reward his Venticelli?
(a) He buys them dinner.
(b) He gives them cakes.
(c) He gets them jobs at the palace.
(d) He gives them money.
2. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
(a) To be his confessors.
(b) To praise his music.
(c) To intercede for him with the saints.
(d) To recognise his music.
3. How does Salieri describe Mozart at the end of this scene?
(a) As an obscene gypsy.
(b) As a naive child.
(c) As a heavenly presence.
(d) As an obscene child.
4. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
(a) The Death of Mozart.
(b) Orlando Furioso.
(c) The Death of the Bird.
(d) The Death of Mediocrity.
5. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
(a) He finds it is angelic, heavenly.
(b) He believes it has the power to charm birds and animals.
(c) He believes it is revolutionary in its atonal structure.
(d) He believes it is like the voice of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Salieri say he was born?
2. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
3. What animal is Constanze imitating?
4. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
5. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)