|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Salieri's servants?
(a) That he will eat cakes in bed that night.
(b) That he will shave himself in future.
(c) That he is sick of eating cakes.
(d) His declaration that he will not go to bed that night.
2. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
(a) Court Musician.
(c) Court Composer.
(d) Court Conductor.
3. How does Salieri refer to his servants?
(a) As The gossiping Ventrecelli.
(b) As the Kappellmeister's Baker and The Keeper of the Salt.
(c) As The Keeper of the Razor and The Maker of the Cakes.
(d) As The Keeper of the Purse and The Maker of the Cakes.
4. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is appalled.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He thinks it is outrageously funny.
5. How did Salieri's family feel about the Austrian Empire?
(a) They thought it gave them prestige in Europe.
(b) They fought against it at the Battle of Lumbago.
(c) They tolerated it but longed for Italy's unification.
(d) They were happy to be its subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosenberg's opinion of prodigies?
2. Which is Salieri's favorite sweet indulgence?
3. Who was an influential teacher of Salieri?
4. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
5. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)