|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
(a) He thinks it is outrageously funny.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is appalled.
2. What animal is Constanze imitating?
(a) A pussy-cat.
(b) A furry puppy.
(c) A vole.
(d) A mouse.
3. What solo instrument sounds a single note?
(a) An oboe.
(b) A crumhorn.
(c) A viola.
(d) An organ.
4. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(b) Rich people are mediocre.
(c) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(d) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
5. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
(a) Ability to bear children.
(c) Musical talent.
(d) Lack of fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
2. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
3. How does Salieri describe Mozart at the end of this scene?
4. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
5. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)