|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(b) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
(c) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(d) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
2. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) His wife tells him.
(b) The Venticelli tell him.
(c) Count Rosenberg tells him.
(d) The Emperor tells him.
3. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
(a) Baron Van Swieten.
(b) Count Rosenberg.
(c) Emperor Joseph II
(d) Leopold Mozart.
4. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
(a) 'Lord Fugue.'
(b) 'Lord Van Fugue.'
5. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
(a) The idea for some new music.
(b) The mention of his father.
(c) Respect for the Baroness.
(d) Constanze's annoyance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
2. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
3. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
4. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
5. How old is Salieri in the first scene of the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)