|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(b) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(c) Rich people are mediocre.
(d) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
2. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
(a) Ability to bear children.
(b) Lack of fire.
(c) Musical talent.
3. What words are whispered at the beginning of the play?
(a) 'Celery' and 'assassin.'
(b) 'Salieri' and 'companion.'
(c) 'Salieri' and 'assassin.'
(d) 'Mozart' and 'Beethoven.'
4. Which is Salieri's favorite sweet indulgence?
(b) Tutti frutti.
(c) Crema al mascarpone.
5. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) A circumlocution.
(b) An imbrocation.
(c) An invocation.
(d) A salutation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
2. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
3. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
4. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
5. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)