|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
(a) To praise his music.
(b) To be his confessors.
(c) To intercede for him with the saints.
(d) To recognise his music.
2. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
(a) The Hollsteins.
(b) The Hapsburgs.
(c) The Bourbons.
(d) The Bonbons.
3. In what language does Salieri speak when he is excited, according to one of the Venticelli?
4. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
(a) To have seven sons, all musicians.
(b) To write the perfect opera.
(c) To become the Court Composer.
(d) To become First Royal Kapellmeister.
5. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
(a) Always knowing what your publisher is doing behind your back.
(b) Always knowing how to get the best value at the markets.
(c) Always knowing what is going on behind your back.
(d) Always knowing what your wife is doing behind your back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
2. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
3. Who presently holds the position Salieri covets?
4. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
5. How did Salieri's family feel about the Austrian Empire?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)