|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
(b) 'Lord Fugue.'
(d) 'Lord Van Fugue.'
2. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
(a) The Bonbons.
(b) The Hollsteins.
(c) The Hapsburgs.
(d) The Bourbons.
3. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) Count Rosenberg tells him.
(b) His wife tells him.
(c) The Emperor tells him.
(d) The Venticelli tell him.
4. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
(a) To become the Court Composer.
(b) To become First Royal Kapellmeister.
(c) To have seven sons, all musicians.
(d) To write the perfect opera.
5. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
(a) Apply for Salieri's job.
(b) Kiss the Emperor's hand.
(c) Hide from his father.
(d) Give concerts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
2. What was Salieri's home town?
3. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
4. What surprises Salieri's servants?
5. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)