|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
(a) Leopold Mozart.
(b) Johann Strauss II.
(d) Richard Strauss.
2. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
(a) Count Rosenberg.
(b) Emperor Joseph II
(c) Baron Van Swieten.
(d) Leopold Mozart.
3. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
(b) 'Lord Van Fugue.'
(c) 'Lord Fugue.'
4. How old is Salieri in the first scene of the play?
5. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
2. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
3. Who presently holds the position Salieri covets?
4. How did Salieri's family feel about the Austrian Empire?
5. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)