|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
(a) They speak urgently, rapidly.
(b) They are said to be laconic.
(c) They shout loudly.
(d) They speak in tongues.
2. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) The Emperor tells him.
(b) The Venticelli tell him.
(c) Count Rosenberg tells him.
(d) His wife tells him.
3. Where does Salieri finally meet Mozart?
(a) At the Imperial Palace.
(b) At the Belvedere.
(c) At the Statsoper.
(d) At Baroness Waldstadten's.
4. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
(a) To recognise his music.
(b) To praise his music.
(c) To intercede for him with the saints.
(d) To be his confessors.
5. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
(a) She is his half-sister and later his pupil.
(b) She is his pupil and later his mistress.
(c) She is his patron and later his mistress.
(d) She is his illegitimate daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
2. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
3. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
4. How did Salieri's family feel about the Austrian Empire?
5. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)