|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salieri reward his Venticelli?
(a) He gives them money.
(b) He buys them dinner.
(c) He gives them cakes.
(d) He gets them jobs at the palace.
2. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) A circumlocution.
(b) A salutation.
(c) An imbrocation.
(d) An invocation.
3. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
(a) Johann Strauss II.
(b) Richard Strauss.
(c) Leopold Mozart.
4. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
(a) The Age of Modernism.
(b) The Age of the Feuilletons.
(c) The Platonic Age.
(d) The Age of Englightenment
5. What does Salieri ask of the audience/'Ghosts of the future'?
(a) To be his confessors.
(b) To intercede for him with the saints.
(c) To praise his music.
(d) To recognise his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
2. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
3. Where does Salieri finally meet Mozart?
4. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
5. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)