|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
(b) Leopold Mozart.
(d) The Emperor.
2. What troubles does Mozart tell Salieri he has?
(a) Worries concerning Constanze's pregnancy.
(b) Money woes and family illnesses.
(c) Money woes and memories of his late father.
(d) Physical pains and bad dreams.
3. What is Rosenberg's opinion of prodigies?
(a) He is jealous of them.
(b) He is in awe of them.
(c) He finds them adorable.
(d) He finds them hateful.
4. What does the Emperor say would be fun?
(a) A competition between Mozart and some other virtuoso.
(b) A competition between Mozart and Haydn.
(c) Fetes and fireworks in the courtyard.
(d) A comic opera by Mozart.
5. 'It celebrates . . . the goddess in Woman and not the laundress' is a reference to what>
(d) The Feast of the Annunciation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
2. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
3. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
4. Who is Schikaneder?
5. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)