|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work has the Emperor commissioned Mozart to write?
(a) A string quartet.
(b) An opera.
(c) A symphony.
(d) A concerto.
2. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
(a) He stuffs his ears so he cannot hear the music.
(b) He screams.
(c) He demands that Mozart stop playing immediately.
(d) He runs out into the street.
3. For what reason does Mozart reject the idea of giving more concerts?
(a) He says he has lost his gifts as a virtuoso.
(b) He says he can't afford to rent a hall.
(c) He says he is no longer fashionable.
(d) He says he has arthritic pain in his fingers.
4. What does Mozart disclose to Salieri at the beginning of the next scene?
(a) That he has a new idea for an operatic piece.
(b) That he is ill and worried about money.
(c) That he is doing badly--no money and no prospect of earning any.
(d) That he has been commissioned to write a Mass.
5. Why does Orsini-Rosenberg object to The Marriage of Figaro?
(a) He calims it is obscene.
(b) The music is too ornate.
(c) He claims it contains a ballet.
(d) He claims it is subversive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
2. What does Mozart suggest is the answer to his problems?
3. What is Mozart's reaction to Constanze's game with the Venticelli?
4. Where is Salieri hidden?
5. What does Constanze accuse her husband of doing?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)