|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salieri's comments about the Viennese suggest they are . . .
2. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
(a) The idea for some new music.
(b) Respect for the Baroness.
(c) Constanze's annoyance.
(d) The mention of his father.
3. Who is the lead singer Mozart has engaged?
(a) Salieri's pupil Katharina Cavalieri.
(b) Salieri's wife Theresa.
(c) Constanze Weber.
(d) Rosa Ponselle.
4. How does Salieri reward his Venticelli?
(a) He gets them jobs at the palace.
(b) He buys them dinner.
(c) He gives them cakes.
(d) He gives them money.
5. What strange insight does Mozart seem to have regarding the Figaro problems?
(a) That God wants him to be humbled.
(b) That Salieri is behind it all.
(c) That Orsini-Rosenberg is behind it all.
(d) That God is conspiring against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
2. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
3. How does Salieri get his hands on some of Mozart's manuscripts?
4. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
5. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)