|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
(a) He informs the Emperor that Mozart cannot be trusted around young women.
(b) He tells the Emperor Mozart is too busy.
(c) He tells the Emperor Mozart's fees are too high.
(d) He tells the Emperor Mozart might influence the Princess politically.
2. What words are whispered at the beginning of the play?
(a) 'Salieri' and 'assassin.'
(b) 'Salieri' and 'companion.'
(c) 'Celery' and 'assassin.'
(d) 'Mozart' and 'Beethoven.'
3. What does Mozart suggest is the answer to his problems?
(a) He could go to England, where music is loved.
(b) He could go to Prague to premiere an opera.
(c) He could apply to the Emperor for a new position.
(d) He could find more pupils.
4. What insight does Salieri experience when he hears 'Marten Aller Arten' being sung?
(a) He understands that Mozart has had sex with the singer.
(b) He understands that this is just how music ought to be written.
(c) He understands that the soprano is flighty.
(d) He understands religious ecstasy.
5. What is meant by the words 'one must avoid music that smells of music'?
(a) Only new music should be played, not works that have been on library shelves for years.
(b) Music should not be too showy.
(c) Music must be avoided if it is too passionate.
(d) Wind musicians should clean their instruments regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Venticelli, how many pupils does Mozart have?
2. With news of his father's death, what aspects of himself does Mozart now reveal?
3. What position is Mozart interested in applying for?
4. 'It celebrates . . . the goddess in Woman and not the laundress' is a reference to what>
5. Why are the Mozarts cold?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)