|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Salieri's comment that 'Our religion' is largely based on waxworks?
2. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
(a) The Hapsburgs.
(b) The Bourbons.
(c) The Bonbons.
(d) The Hollsteins.
3. What is the effect of the Emperor's yawn?
(a) The opera is hardly every performed.
(b) Mozart is crushed emotionally and Salieri must show his sympathy.
(c) Mozart is crushed emotionally and Salieri is delighted.
(d) Encores will be banned in the future.
4. How did Leopold Mozart respond to his son's request?
(a) He accapted readily.
(b) He did not reply.
(c) He refused
(d) He suggested a compromise.
5. In the context of the play, how long has it been since Mozart's death?
(a) Fifty-three years.
(b) Thirty-two years.
(c) Thirty-four years.
(d) Thirty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Leopold Mozart's letters?
2. What does Constanze suggest might cure her husband's bad dreams?
3. Who presently holds the position Salieri covets?
4. What is Salieri determined now to do?
5. Why does Orsini-Rosenberg object to The Marriage of Figaro?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)