|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(b) Northern Italy.
(c) Northern Hispaniola.
(d) Southern Italy.
2. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(b) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
(c) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(d) Rich people are mediocre.
3. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) An invocation.
(b) A circumlocution.
(c) A salutation.
(d) An imbrocation.
4. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
(a) The idea for some new music.
(b) The mention of his father.
(c) Constanze's annoyance.
(d) Respect for the Baroness.
5. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
(a) To write the perfect opera.
(b) To have seven sons, all musicians.
(c) To become the Court Composer.
(d) To become First Royal Kapellmeister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an influential teacher of Salieri?
2. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
3. How does Salieri refer to his servants?
4. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
5. What words are whispered at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)