|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(a) Northern Italy.
(c) Southern Italy.
(d) Northern Hispaniola.
2. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
(a) Eighteenth century citizens of Vienna.
(b) Nineteenth century citizens of Venezia.
(c) Nineteenth century citizens of Verona.
(d) Salieri's cousins and nineteenth century neighbors.
3. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
(a) Court Musician.
(c) Court Conductor.
(d) Court Composer.
4. Which is Salieri's favorite sweet indulgence?
(c) Crema al mascarpone.
(d) Tutti frutti.
5. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
(a) Richard Strauss.
(b) Leopold Mozart.
(c) Johann Strauss II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Salieri hidden?
2. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
3. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
4. What is Salieri's burning ambition at this time of his life?
5. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)