|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Salieri's home town?
2. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
(a) He finds it is angelic, heavenly.
(b) He believes it is like the voice of God.
(c) He believes it is revolutionary in its atonal structure.
(d) He believes it has the power to charm birds and animals.
3. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) An invocation.
(b) A salutation.
(c) An imbrocation.
(d) A circumlocution.
4. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
(a) Always knowing what is going on behind your back.
(b) Always knowing how to get the best value at the markets.
(c) Always knowing what your wife is doing behind your back.
(d) Always knowing what your publisher is doing behind your back.
5. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(b) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
(c) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
(d) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
2. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
3. Who was an influential teacher of Salieri?
4. When Salieri left Italy, how old was Mozart?
5. In what language does Salieri speak when he is excited, according to one of the Venticelli?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)