|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
(a) They are said to be laconic.
(b) They speak urgently, rapidly.
(c) They shout loudly.
(d) They speak in tongues.
2. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(b) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
(c) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(d) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
3. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
4. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(a) Northern Hispaniola.
(b) Northern Italy.
(c) Southern Italy.
5. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) Rich people are mediocre.
(b) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(c) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(d) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
2. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
3. Which is Salieri's favorite sweet indulgence?
4. How does Salieri get his hands on some of Mozart's manuscripts?
5. Who wants the new comic opera to be in 'good plain German?'
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)