|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) Humbled in face of Mozart's huge talent.
(b) Reasuured because all of them are quite ordinary.
(c) Amused because Mozart is not as clever as he thought.
(d) Excited at the new talent in Austria.
2. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) The Emperor tells him.
(b) His wife tells him.
(c) The Venticelli tell him.
(d) Count Rosenberg tells him.
3. What solo instrument sounds a single note?
(a) A viola.
(b) A crumhorn.
(c) An organ.
(d) An oboe.
4. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) Rich people are mediocre.
(b) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
(c) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(d) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
5. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
(a) He screams.
(b) He stuffs his ears so he cannot hear the music.
(c) He runs out into the street.
(d) He demands that Mozart stop playing immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
2. Where is Salieri hidden?
3. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
4. What surprises Salieri's servants?
5. How does Salieri refer to his servants?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)