|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(b) Southern Italy.
(c) Northern Italy.
(d) Northern Hispaniola.
2. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
(a) Nineteenth century citizens of Venezia.
(b) Salieri's cousins and nineteenth century neighbors.
(c) Nineteenth century citizens of Verona.
(d) Eighteenth century citizens of Vienna.
3. How old is Salieri in the first scene of the play?
4. What causes Salieri physical pain as he listens to the piece?
(a) Its intense beauty.
(b) Its discord and atonality.
(c) Its frequent strange modulations.
(d) The number of notes--there are too many to follow.
5. To what does Salieri compare the opening measures of the music he hears?
(a) A rusty squeezebox.
(b) A tired crumhorn.
(c) A dusty oboe.
(d) A rusty triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
2. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
3. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
4. What animal is Constanze imitating?
5. How does Salieri feel after examining Mozart's manuscripts?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)